Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 3rd August 2009, 19:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
That's a very stupid idea in the first place. Placing a box and expecting everyone would tender the exact change!! This won't happen anywhere in the world, let alone Bangalore city. Who envisaged this great idea?
Actually, I have seen such a system in Singapore (dunno about other countries). When you enter a bus, you face a small box where you have to drop the exact amount of the fare and the driver will press a button and you will have to collect the printed ticket from the next box. You will not be given any change if you have put in more cash. There are no conductors here.

Yes, I agree that this is a stupid idea for a country like India. Our bus transport systems sees very high volumes (unlike Singapore). It will not be feasible to just keep a driver cum conductor in city buses.

It may work to some extent in long-distance buses though.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote