Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 28th October 2009, 20:52   #31
BHPian

The car really looks UGLY....we are expecting something like a TATA ACE from Mahindra to compete with it.
But this so called COMPACT TRUCK is looking much bad & also a grill again
dhrishikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 20:53   #32
BHPian

Guess you do not need to paint "Bure nazar wale tere moo Khale" on the back of this truck. If somebody does, he really has high hopes!!
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 21:48   #33
BHPian

Easily the ugliest vehicle on Indian roads. M&M seems to be very obsessed with it's corporate grill. IMO a good looking vehicle without that grill would do a lot of good to the brand than a ugly one like this. The target segment may not bother but the brand could have been better projected without that grill.
pacman2881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 21:53   #34
Team-BHP Support

All of M&Ms recent three launches have consistency in them with repect to the fact that they are ugly ie. the new Bolero, the Xylo, new grill on the Scorpio, and now the Gio.

Consistency is certainly a forte of the design team. Trust them to ruin the looks of an otherwise decent looking vehicle. Great job, M&M.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 22:29   #35
BANNED

I dont understand how the mahindra vehicle is cheap ? The paiggio truck is much cheaper ( .5ton ) and it boasts 30 kmpl as well .
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 22:54   #36
srh
BHPian

From today onwards, I will stop publicizing that I ever worked with this company
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 23:08   #37
BHPian

The Xylo and now this. It appears M&M has wound up its Design Dept. Gawd awful ugly................
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 23:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
From today onwards, I will stop publicizing that I ever worked with this company

We must admit that these designs are originals. Perhaps inspired by the carved chariots of some temples?

I tried to scare my son with the picture; not very effective, need atleast 1024 px picture...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 28th October 2009 at 23:50.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 00:21   #39
BHPian

Another ugly looking vehicle from the Mahindra Stable . IMO it looks like an auto rickshaw ( the load carrier one ) with four wheels .
Goodluck to their Marketing department .
Premier is back ! Is this the same Isuzu inspired Chinese vehicle that members were talking about in another thread ?
KRf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 01:36   #40
BHPian

ROFLMAO it seems like some evil charachter out of that old cartoon series, Bob the Builder!!
silentscreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 01:50   #41
Team-BHP Support

One of the ugliest possible design but for the purpose its built i dont think looks will matter to the buyers more than than value/Purpose.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 01:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Cute!

Xylo is not the ugliest Mahindra anymore.

I want to see how different it'll look after a head on collision.

The 'Chhota Haathi' has a devout following in the hills. Lets see what sort of power this thing can produce. The target group would be least bothered with the looks.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 08:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep sharma View Post
Guys, the looks of this vehicle are hardly relevant in this category. I think what's being overlooked here is that Mahindra has created a new category of compact trucks (0.5ton) at a price of a 3-wheeler!

What's interesting from a businessman's perspective is that it is costing 1.65 lakhs and the mileage is 27 kmpl. As for the competition, it is slotted between the more expensive Tata Ace at nearly Rs 2.78 lakh and the ubiquitious three-wheeler, priced at Rs 1.38 lakh. The product launch is consistent with M&M's startegy of offering Value-for-money. Safety-wise, a 4 wheeler is always safer than a 3-wheeler.. besides, it has a semi-forward cabin with a crumple zone.
I see a similar conversation being built up in this thread as it was with Xylo when it was launched. Xylo was criticized for its ugly looks and everyone thought that it would bomb because of its looks. Today Xylo is one of the highest selling vehicles this year. The low pricing and Practicaity of the MPV prevailed over looks.

Mahindra GIo is a complete Value for Money proposition at 1.65 lakhs and a mileage of 27 kmpl and is bound to be a hit with the transport facility providers.
serpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 08:01   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I would say dukkar tempo is far more appealing. Look at this beautiful model of the same.

Attachment 217264
Thats a lovely one.

BTW what happened to the TATA's ACE and why is this the India's first mini truck?

If i remember right even Crompton(Piaggio) has a product on this range.
arunmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 09:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
ROFLMAO it seems like some evil charachter out of that old cartoon series, Bob the Builder!!

I seriously thought its a (fake) nasty prank!

I think only Mahindra (and perhaps some of the local garagewallahs) can think of adding a tyre and re-badging their Alpha in such a manner.
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote