Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2009, 12:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Another horrible looker. Why, M&M.. why?!
Was such a vehicle really required, i wonder.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:51   #17
BANNED

i dont think mahindra would launch this vehicle for indian market, rather more chances seems for overseas market with better pickups selling there then our market, and would also spoil its current passenger vehicle xylo's image.
Nice scoop shot.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:57   #18
BANNED

This is going to be firstly launched i think in South America and South Africa or maybe in the US but the way the pickup bed is being put on the chasis, it looks more of a prototype. THe front body doesnt gel at all with the pickup bed. Even CHinese sell better stuff than this.. atleast looks wise.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:48   #19
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't look great at all.

This will make future customers for Xylo think as if they are buying a vehicle that shares a platform with a commercial vehicle.

Isn't the Bolero Max enough for the commercial market.

This particular model needs to have a luxury feel to it to avoid losing customers for Xylo.

Currently afer looking at it the only word that comes to my mind is "Dabba".

By the way can some one explain me why have they covered the vehicle?
I mean anyone can make out what the front end looks like (we've all seen it). They should have covered the rear to create some suspense and spare us from looking at this. What do you, people think?

Last edited by SRK : 1st December 2009 at 18:54. Reason: Wanted to add something more.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys I fail to understand how the launch of a pick up will kill the sales. We must note that all the variants in the MM stable have a pick up version and they decent sales in their respective segments.

Last edited by beejay : 1st December 2009 at 19:07.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

looks like this is for overseas market. if they plan to launch in india, what the spy shot suggest, it looks like a goods carrier, not a lifestlye pickup.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Unless it comes out finally as the weekend replica I am sure XYLO sales will take a hit. Imagine owning something @ 7 Lakhs, whose sibling is an outright load carrier.
Old 1st December 2009, 22:04   #23
BHPian

This very well could be the big brother for gio, which is a 1/2 ton truck. It is actually a good idea to re-use the front cabin of xylo (which does not qualify to be in a MUV anyways).

As long as the product is good, they would sell well inspite of the looks. Mahindra has proved this over and over again.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post

This is one of the designs made by Shoeb Kalania of SRK designs, a long time back.

Attachment 237111
Source-Indian Autos Blog

link-- Mahindra Xylo Pickup
I was just wondering if gm and toyota think about doing similar thing to tavera and innova ,how will it look? Anytime better than this.

Last edited by siedo : 2nd December 2009 at 00:32.
Old 2nd December 2009, 03:15   #25
BHPian

This should be for the international markets, Mahindra won't be able to price this low enough, in India, to be of utilitarian value, and that load bay indicates that it's meant to be utilitarian. I think I see leaf springs as well. The Scorpio Getaway (Mahindra Pik-Up) has received mixed reviews in Australia, the farming community is all praises for the utility value and the rather low cost of ownership, whereas the lifestyle market is aghast at the relatively low levels of fit and finish, and the uninspiring engine (comes with the old 2.6 CRDE engine) and rather lopsided handling of the Pik-Up. The Xylo Pickup will most likely be panned in the looks department but will probably score brownie points in the fit and finish, and driving experience departments. It certainly is an improvement over what the company currently offers in Australia. Assuming it lets Mahindra hold on to the existing rural customer base, and manages to attract some numbers from the tradesmen's segment in urban areas, it seems like a good move from Mahindra.
Old 2nd December 2009, 04:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Agreed its not a looker, at all, but the commercial market does not care about all that. The loading area looks quite big. Plus, its located above the wheels which would eradicate the possibility of the wheel wells interrupting the loading area. I think, if launched in India, it should do well to replace the current Mahindra pick-up trucks.

Last edited by Stratos : 12th December 2009 at 00:25.
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure whether this is going to replace the present Pik-up and the Bolero Camper because:
  1. Xylo contains a CRDe engine whereas all others are on DI Turbo platform.
  2. Higher Maintenance Cost.
This seems to be for the export market and even though I don't like teh looks, it might just sell.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:12   #28
~~h
BHPian

Mahindra does not seem to be worried of the image factor.. Look at what they did to logan, it's the new Taxi ( even Indigo don't have that bad a taxi image)

Last edited by ~~h : 2nd December 2009 at 18:18. Reason: typo
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm not sure whether this is going to replace the present Pik-up and the Bolero Camper because:
  1. Xylo contains a CRDe engine whereas all others are on DI Turbo platform.
  2. Higher Maintenance Cost.
This seems to be for the export market and even though I don't like teh looks, it might just sell.
I agree,
This is for export market. This pickup does better space utilisation within available wheelbase andlength of the platform. I dont expect this in India atleast for next 4 years
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:08   #30
BHPian

Great Scoop !
Mahindra are now really stepping on the gas with not so great looking designs . Though even I think this must be for export markets with a low key introduction in India at a later stage . The load bay might be a temporary one , the final product should look much better .
Closed Thread