Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

View Poll Results: autoricks in london,a good move or a bad one??
autos in london, a good move? 16 38.10%
Or a bad one? 26 61.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2005, 08:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

When I was in Cincinnati, US for few months, there was this shop called Jungle Jim which sells the groceries, drinks and what not from around the world. On top of each shelf containing goods from a country, they have put a vehicle representing that country.

Expect what they got from India. It's our Bajaj Auto. Was I happy on seeing that....no, because the Auto was not looking new. It was looking like it took all the beating of indian roads before it was imported whereas other country shelves has some class looking vehicles like fire engines from yester years, some old classic cars etc.
Old 30th March 2006, 15:53   #32
BHPian

Default Auto Rickshaws in london?

Ok, but please take the auto drivers as well.
Old 30th March 2006, 21:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Ok, but please take the auto drivers as well.

LOL. They need these drivers for James Bond movies also as even 007 can't drive an auto like our drivers do.
Old 31st March 2006, 14:06   #34
BHPian

The guy from the Visa ad dricing his tuc tuc in Bangkok was a killer ad, haha they should do something similar with our Desi auto's and the driver as well, I am sure we can come up with a better ad than that
Old 31st March 2006, 18:17   #35
BHPian

I had a client who visited india and was here was for a month. The day before departure, i asked him what he liked the most in chennai?
The answer instantly was Auto. I was shocked and gave back a loud WHAT????.
He admired it, told that he was more thrilled when a passenger in auto's and even told me that he had travelled all along the city in evenings for fun. Also praised the talent of chennai auto drivers.(Kept quiet as i did not want to give a negative impression of my own country people.) He also told me that he never felt the same when he drove a BMW at high speeds.

I hate autos as they are the most trouble some vehicles on Indian cities...At least their turning radius has to increased so that they don't make a 360 in no time and land in front of us .

Last edited by ksethuram : 31st March 2006 at 18:22.
Old 31st March 2006, 18:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
I hate autos as they are the most trouble some vehicles on Indian cities...At least their turning radius has to increased so that they don't make a 360 in no time and land in front of us .
I Agree....hey...where are my smileys?
Old 31st March 2006, 20:44   #37
LLL
BHPian

Autos in London is a good move as it is very congested. Just let the ppl leave their cars at home and travel in autos.

Or
start selling autos as small cars to ppl...

Or
Brits can import the labor to drive these autos from India. Maybe they can outsource the driving of these autos to india. someone drives the auto remotely from bangalore...
Old 1st April 2006, 00:25   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
So who else makes (or is planning to make) ricks in India other than Bajaj, Piaggio and Scooters India (taken over by Piaggio?) ? Not including the trikes made by Mahindra and Bajaj Tempo (oops - Force Motors!).
LML-Vespa had shown a passenger rick on one of the auto expos with their 2stroke scooter engine. But this was before their split. The project must have died.

Honda India has expressed interest in designing a rick for India. I think, if they can do an India specific ETERNO then they just might do a rick as well.
Old 29th January 2009, 23:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Default Get their cab-drivers here!

On my first day in London, true to my experience in India I would refuse to cross the road in front of any public transport vehicle.

Later I noticed that the public transport drivers were the most disciplined ones on the road, the cabbies particularly being very courteous and kind to pedestrians, cyclists etc. Now, if I ever get an irresistable urge to jaywalk when visiting London, I will choose to do so in front of a taxi!

Let us get them here!
Old 30th January 2009, 00:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Thread closed due to obsolescence .
Closed Thread