Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 12:39   #391
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

So ALL will be providing the car-carrier trailers along with the 3518 tractors or just the tractors?? Because the article mentions only 40 FBVs to be part of the order.

Nobody yet seems to be opting for the Neptune high power engines on the U-platform yet. The order is still of the H-series engine.

OT: Who does VRL transport cars for??
julupani is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 12:55   #392
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
So ALL will be providing the car-carrier trailers along with the 3518 tractors or just the tractors??
Because the article mentions only 40 FBVs to be part of the order.
200 Trators and 40 car carriers
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Nobody yet seems to be opting for the Neptune high power engines on the U-platform yet. The order is still of the H-series engine.
They are yet to be offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
OT: Who does VRL transport cars for??
That should be news even for me
Ashley2 is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 15:35   #393
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Didnt the neptune engine get launched already. I have brochures from ALL website mentioning the engines on offer.

Actually providing a product with certain specification and not mentioning it on the website is pretty common and allows us CV enthusiasts to keep speculating, but mentioning on the website and not offering is a first.

I thought the Neptune series were launched along with the recent expansion of the U-truck platform.
julupani is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 15:57   #394
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,990
Thanked: 1,407 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Didnt the neptune engine get launched already. I have brochures from ALL website mentioning the engines on offer.

Actually providing a product with certain specification and not mentioning it on the website is pretty common and allows us CV enthusiasts to keep speculating, but mentioning on the website and not offering is a first.

I thought the Neptune series were launched along with the recent expansion of the U-truck platform.
I have the same thoughts.

OT here, I would love to see that 320hp power plant in the Luxura instead of the 230hp one on offer now.
silversteed is offline  
Old 21st January 2011, 13:17   #395
BHPian
 
Auto freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 286
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I have the same thoughts.

OT here, I would love to see that 320hp power plant in the Luxura instead of the 230hp one on offer now.
Me too! The 320hp Neptune on a Mutli-axle Luxura will be awesome!
Waiting for it Ashley!
Auto freak is online now  
Old 22nd January 2011, 21:32   #396
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KOCHI
Posts: 367
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Spotted Kerala's first AL U3123 Tipper and i believe its the first 8x4 tipper in kerala (other than some reregistered Volvo FM7). Two of them was delivered last week by AL to EdyalTech, a subcontractor doing NH47 project. This one was unloading rock metals near Chalakudy.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-image204.jpg  

Transsenger is offline  
Old 22nd January 2011, 22:39   #397
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Really strange colour scheme that the company has gone in for.

Is this model on offer with the Neptune engines, in any higher power guises???
julupani is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:56   #398
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Really strange colour scheme that the company has gone in for.
Is this model on offer with the Neptune engines, in any higher power guises???
Its not the colour scheme offered by AL.
They are in complete white only. The yellow should be a prefered choice from customer.
BTW, I am puzzled to know why many customers are going for yellow in the front panel ?
Ashley2 is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:50   #399
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default India's first 49T GCW tractor?

Ashokleyland Hippo was the India's first 49 T GCW tractor AFAIK.
But how come AMW 4923TR is claiming that?
Name:  Pic.bmp
Views: 3185
Size:  858.8 KB

Last edited by Ashley2 : 23rd January 2011 at 09:52.
Ashley2 is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:28   #400
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

This is definitely a case of misleading customers. Both ALL and TML had launched 49ton GVW tractors well before AMW came into the market.

Though they are the 1st in the segment of sub-premium trucks in launching a 49ton tractor.
julupani is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:45   #401
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Didnt the neptune engine get launched already. I have brochures from ALL website mentioning the engines on offer.

Actually providing a product with certain specification and not mentioning it on the website is pretty common and allows us CV enthusiasts to keep speculating, but mentioning on the website and not offering is a first.
This is in similar lines with Tata Prima.
It was told that they are Euro V ready and having engine options upto 560HP. Unfortunately the products displayed in the Auto Expo was only Euro III and not even Euro IV.The videos in the Prima web page still calls to tell about these higher engine options.
This is a snap shop from AL website and it does not call for any Neptune series.
Name:  AL web page.bmp
Views: 2845
Size:  658.2 KB
Ashley2 is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:11   #402
BHPian
 
smashnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 457
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Its not the colour scheme offered by AL.
They are in complete white only. The yellow should be a prefered choice from customer.
BTW, I am puzzled to know why many customers are going for yellow in the front panel ?
I think there is/was some rule in Kerala requiring commercial vehicles to have the front panel in yellow. Most factory cabs have this scheme. But, the custom built cab trucks don't. They stick with the drab brown all over. Haven't seen this in any other states, though.
smashnerd is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:40   #403
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
I think there is/was some rule in Kerala requiring commercial vehicles to have the front panel in yellow. Most factory cabs have this scheme. But, the custom built cab trucks don't. They stick with the drab brown all over. Haven't seen this in any other states, though.
Even Tamil Nadu has the same trend!
Ashley2 is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:26   #404
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Sorry, my mistake, even ALL had showcase models with the Neptune series engines in the U2526 and the U4932, which apparently has not had a commercial launch yet. The actual product page on the website does not yet show these trucks, though I have brochures from the Auto Expo section of the website.

The same is the case with the Tata Prima, the very primitive and basic website is only a product range website for the Prima. It does not have a single actual product page with any sort of specifcation, even though 4 products have already been launched. The videos, brochure etc are only generic ones and not product specific ones. So cant complain about the data provided in them considering that all of them are still true, be it the 560hp engines or the Euro V ready engines.

Though overall the ALL website is far far ahead in terms of the TML CV website, which is downright pathetic, even more so with respect to the Prima range.

As for the colour, at least the company( both buyer and seller) should have gone in for an all yellow scheme, if there exists such a rule that the front should be yellow.

Also does the front bumper not count in the front panel, as it is still white in the pic!!!
julupani is offline  
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:48   #405
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,092
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Spotted Kerala's first AL U3123 Tipper and i believe its the first 8x4 tipper in kerala (other than some reregistered Volvo FM7)....
What is Volvo FM7 doing in kerala. Did'nt know that there are mines in Kerala
Ashley2 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread turbo_lover Shifting gears 1158 14th December 2017 21:20
Mumbai Fire Brigade Trucks - Volvo FM400 & MAN trucks Rosso Corsa Commercial Vehicles 15 5th February 2017 13:13
BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India parrys Commercial Vehicles 41 28th January 2017 20:23
Tata Motors launches 6 Heavy Trucks & FleetMan Telematics Services parrys Commercial Vehicles 51 16th November 2013 16:05
Tata to construct new Heavy Trucks plant in Myanmar Dippy Commercial Vehicles 1 26th March 2010 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:26.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks