Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:11   #826
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Since we are speaking of AL trucks more,the Thailand military has a handful of AL stags,yes the same ones that the Indian army uses,but bigger and had airconditioning,dont know if the indian ones have.The current stags that the indian army uses have The indian ordinance factory,Jabalpur badging wheras the ones that i saw had Ashok Leyland badging on the front.I currently reside in Pattaya.Saw a couple of them today morning while i was jogging through the main road.Normally the Thai army has more of Isuzu trucks,but they looked very small in front of the ALs.Sorry couldn't take any pics as it was 4:30 in the morning,dim light and my phone camera isnt any good .

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd December 2011 at 10:13.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:57   #827
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Electri-City
Posts: 2,012
Thanked: 1,469 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Since we are speaking of AL trucks more,the Thailand military has a handful of AL stags,yes the same ones that the Indian army uses,but bigger and had airconditioning,dont know if the indian ones have.The current stags that the indian army uses have The indian ordinance factory,Jabalpur badging wheras the ones that i saw had Ashok Leyland badging on the front.I currently reside in Pattaya.Saw a couple of them today morning while i was jogging through the main road.Normally the Thai army has more of Isuzu trucks,but they looked very small in front of the ALs.Sorry couldn't take any pics as it was 4:30 in the morning,dim light and my phone camera isnt any good .
Dude they are not Stags. Stag is the mini-bus range from AL. What you saw in Thailand, and what the Indian Army uses, are Stallions. They're defence-spec and one of the most successful logistics vehicles worldwide.
silversteed is offline  
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:28   #828
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Dude they are not Stags. Stag is the mini-bus range from AL. What you saw in Thailand, and what the Indian Army uses, are Stallions. They're defence-spec and one of the most successful logistics vehicles worldwide.
oops my bad yes stallion.But my question is the Indian army uses stallions made by the ordinance factory,but the ones i saw in Thailand are made by Ashok Leyland.Is it that AL is making the stallion with the support of the ordinance factory for the Indian Army?Can someone please shed some light?Does the stallion employ a Hino engine?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 2nd December 2011 at 13:29.
rakesh_r is offline  
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:00   #829
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KOCHI
Posts: 367
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
oops my bad yes stallion.But my question is the Indian army uses stallions made by the ordinance factory,but the ones i saw in Thailand are made by Ashok Leyland.Is it that AL is making the stallion with the support of the ordinance factory for the Indian Army?Can someone please shed some light?Does the stallion employ a Hino engine?

Actually, its other the way...Ordinance Factory (JVF) is making Stallions with CKD kits supplied by AL. They also assemble TML LPTA713 similarly.

Stallions has H series engines made by AL. And its a wonderful experience driving one, which i was fortunate to have.
Transsenger is offline  
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:10   #830
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Electri-City
Posts: 2,012
Thanked: 1,469 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Guys, it's Ordnance Factory, and not Ordinance - no i :-)

@Transsenger, could you share your experience driving the Stallion? Which version was it? What are the specifications?
silversteed is offline  
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:03   #831
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KOCHI
Posts: 367
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

New model AL 1012 Tipper. An FBV version and local built version.
Powered by BS3 H4CTI 120HP EDC engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-hyva-built-body.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-ecomet-local-built-1.jpg  

Transsenger is offline  
Old 4th December 2011, 21:27   #832
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Powered by BS3 H4CTI 120HP EDC engine.
Is that the 4 cylinder version of the Hino engine?
directinjection is offline  
Old 7th December 2011, 10:13   #833
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TN58/TN41/TN37
Posts: 185
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Mobile Testing center van of Meenakshi Mission Hospital, Madurai. This is an imported Navistar truck.
Name:  IMG_0298.jpg
Views: 5445
Size:  110.4 KB

A Car carrier with vinyl covering. It is operated by "Hindustan Automobile Logistics".
Name:  DSC06754.jpg
Views: 5620
Size:  27.6 KB
Name:  DSC06756.jpg
Views: 5544
Size:  33.5 KB
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 20:40   #834
BHPian
 
prmd_cochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 575
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Spotted the new TATA Prima tipper today. The truck looked awesome, what a road presence.

Excuse the bad quality.
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-13122011001.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-10122011.jpg  

prmd_cochin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:00   #835
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Spotted this Volvo Fire rescue ladder truck at ashoknagar fire station yesterday evening, looked massive and the looks like after the carton towers fire accident, this ladder can reach to good height.

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-truck.jpg  

sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:47   #836
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TN58/TN41/TN37
Posts: 185
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Clicked this Volvo truck of TNFS in chennai when i was there 2 months ago. Looked very much similar to the pic in the previous post.
Name:  DSC07125.jpg
Views: 6272
Size:  51.8 KB

Normal TNFS trucks are built by Erstwhile CEC(Body building unit of TNSTC-Coimbatore) located at Pollachi and Udumalpet. All those vehicles are registered in Coimbatore. Older ones used to have TN38 and the latest ones are registed in TN66.

Regular TNFS truck built by TNSTC-Coimbatore. This is attached to some unit in Madurai.
Name:  IMG_0592.jpg
Views: 4079
Size:  139.9 KB
dhandapanik is offline  
Old 28th December 2011, 11:33   #837
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,094
Thanked: 1,441 Times
Default KPN's Truck operation

Spotted KPN's FH 400.This is operating in Karnataka Mines.
Name:  P191211_13.36.jpg
Views: 4149
Size:  158.2 KB

Name:  P191211_13.38.jpg
Views: 3818
Size:  162.9 KB
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:49   #838
BHPian
 
AlphaKilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VOMM-EDDW-EDDM
Posts: 773
Thanked: 362 Times
Default Re: KPN's Truck operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Spotted KPN's FH 400.This is operating in Karnataka Mines.
A lame question! Why do they need a tractor in a mine? Don't they not need a dump truck? PY registered working in KA, KPN must be paying huge taxes.
AlphaKilo is offline  
Old 28th December 2011, 17:18   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,094
Thanked: 1,441 Times
Default Re: KPN's Truck operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
A lame question! Why do they need a tractor in a mine? Don't they not need a dump truck? PY registered working in KA, KPN must be paying huge taxes.
It will be coupled with tip trailor.
By reg in PY, KPN will pay reduced road tax.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:47   #840
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,727
Thanked: 827 Times
Default Re: The Heavy Trucks thread

Spotted a Mahindra-Navistar MN40 Tractor today. This was the first time I saw a Tractor from Mahindra-Navistar. The new highway between Kalamassery and Vallarpadam (the road serving the new ICTT at Vallarpadam) is a hot place to spot trucks - One would see almost all the truck brands available in India in a single day on this road!

Name:  IMG_2941.jpg
Views: 10395
Size:  212.6 KB
binaiks is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Heavy Metal & Rock Thread turbo_lover Shifting gears 1160 20th January 2018 16:48
Mumbai Fire Brigade Trucks - Volvo FM400 & MAN trucks Rosso Corsa Commercial Vehicles 15 5th February 2017 13:13
BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India parrys Commercial Vehicles 41 28th January 2017 20:23
Tata Motors launches 6 Heavy Trucks & FleetMan Telematics Services parrys Commercial Vehicles 51 16th November 2013 16:05
Tata to construct new Heavy Trucks plant in Myanmar Dippy Commercial Vehicles 1 26th March 2010 12:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks