Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 29th July 2011, 00:38   #106
BHPian

Default Re: The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread

Post #102 of arvi86 looks to me like a Mitsubishi Fuso. Perhaps Benz is launching it here as Daimler owns a major stake in Mitsubishi CV division.
swiftdiesel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 06:32   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Post #102 of arvi86 looks to me like a Mitsubishi Fuso. Perhaps Benz is launching it here as Daimler owns a major stake in Mitsubishi CV division.
I was just waiting for someone to quote this. There is a striking similarity in the shape and positioning of headlights and indicators, the horizontal slatted grille, the slot below the windscreen and the steeply raked windows between this LCV and the Mitsubishi Fuso Canter. The latter being owned by Daimler, there are full chances that BharatBenz is trying to capitalize on that.

Though this is a speculation, it drives home a fact in a crystal clear manner. Daimler, through its Indian subsidiary BharatBenz, is in for one big, long haul in India. Going by the frenetic pace and increasing number of models being tested by them in Indian soil, I am sure that the other local and global players are already worried.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
this could actually be a LCV from BharatBenz.
Looks like this is the earlier version of Mitsubishi Fuso/Canter that will be badged as BharatBenz with some localization.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...read-lcv-1.jpg
The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-mitfusocanter1005.jpg
Old 29th July 2011, 11:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@tushky:
Just have a look at this pic.. and the resemblance with the other members of Daimler family including the masking sticker pattern. (it was a typo error in my earlier post)
Attachment 584713
masking is similar but there is no similarity in design. even FUSO is looking different than this truck. i think it is tata because i have seen Next generation tata CV mules near tata plant and headlight case( i dont know what it called) is very very much similar to those mules.
Old 29th July 2011, 15:46   #110
BHPian

The mirrors look similar to the other Bharat Benz models (check the smaller ones in the pic).
May be, they would have done some standardization of parts on the Fuso with other Daimler models to keep the cost factor.
@ tushky:
Could you please post pics of the similar Tata models?
Old 29th July 2011, 18:21   #111
BHPian

I've seen many test mules of Benz on the Chennai-Vellore section doing the rounds and that's why that CV convincingly looks even more Mitsubishi Fuso/Canter.
Old 29th July 2011, 18:23   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
masking is similar but there is no similarity in design. even FUSO is looking different than this truck. i think it is tata because i have seen Next generation tata CV mules near tata plant and headlight case( i dont know what it called) is very very much similar to those mules.
This is defineitely not Tata. Look at the Temp registeration : TN 21 - Kanchepuram. The nearest RTO to Daimler's plant in chennai - Oragadam.
This is most probably a model from Fuso as its been speculated for long that they are bringing those model into India.
THis is the first time test mule of LCV is spotted in public roads.
Old 29th July 2011, 20:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

Default Leyland Dost

some fotos from Leylad dost.com
The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-interior_shot.jpg

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-exterior_styling_25may.jpg
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 00:08   #114
BHPian

Quote:
@ tushky:
dont have it right now. but will take pics in couple of days
Old 30th July 2011, 00:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
This is defineitely not Tata. Look at the Temp registeration : TN 21 - Kanchepuram. The nearest RTO to Daimler's plant in chennai - Oragadam.
This is most probably a model from Fuso as its been speculated for long that they are bringing those model into India.
I am may be wrong but Next generation tata headlights are very much like these bhartbenz. i will try to get some pics soon
Old 30th July 2011, 06:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I am may be wrong but Next generation tata headlights are very much like these bhartbenz. i will try to get some pics soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
You are correct tushky. Though the headlights of the Tata LCV look similar, this can't be a Tata. Even if the Tata LCV is tested in Chennai, it would have had MH plates in it and not TN plates. For the sake of comparison, the reason why Mahindra W201 SUV test mules had TN plates (even though the plant is in MH) is that they have a R&D facility in Chennai IIRC. So, as Ashley2 had said, we can safely rule out Tata here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Looks like this is the earlier version of Mitsubishi Fuso/Canter that will be badged as BharatBenz with some localization.
Quote:
The mirrors look similar to the other Bharat Benz models (check the smaller ones in the pic).
May be, they would have done some standardization of parts on the Fuso with other Daimler models to keep the cost factor.
@ tushky:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I've seen many test mules of Benz on the Chennai-Vellore section doing the rounds and that's why that CV convincingly looks even more Mitsubishi Fuso/Canter.
Absolutely spoton guys, this is exactly what I thought. But, when I first saw it from the rear, I thought that it was a Lelyand-Nissan LCV. Only when I saw the profile and front, I realized that it could very well be a Daimler product. When I did some comparison in the internet, I was convinced that the overall shape still looks pretty similar to the Mitsubishi Fuso Canter, but with some localized components in it to bring down costs.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:36   #117
Senior - BHPian

The tail lamps also suggest that it isn't an AL product. AL stopped using this design about a decade or so back. In AL products, the red tail light and transparent reverse light chambers are vertical while in TML products they are horizontal as is the case here. So yes, it could be Bharat Benz. Wish they use better quality tail lamps at least for the sake of their reputation, if not the safety of Indians!
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:36   #118
BHPian

Info From Dost Website:Ashok Leyland Dost

Dost Specs :

Payload : 1.25 tonnes
Engine :
Type :3 cylinder, 1.5 litre Turbo-charged Common Rail Diesel engine
Max Power :55 hp,
Max Torque:150 Nm

Gearbox : Five-speed manual gear box.
Turning Radius : 4.8 m

Variants
Name:  dost highlights.JPG
Views: 3581
Size:  22.0 KB

Dealer Network :
Name:  dost dealer network.jpg
Views: 2802
Size:  17.5 KB
Detailed Dealer Network
Attached Images

Old 23rd August 2011, 11:10   #119
Senior - BHPian

Isnt the dealer list a bit sparse, since we already have almost 40% of the country covered, and more importantly that 40% where Leyland is stronger. Just 20 dealers in all these states seems very very less to me.

Hope these can be handled by all of Leyland's service outlets.
Old 23rd August 2011, 15:48   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Isnt the dealer list a bit sparse, since we already have almost 40% of the country covered, and more importantly that 40% where Leyland is stronger. Just 20 dealers in all these states seems very very less to me.

Hope these can be handled by all of Leyland's service outlets.
Most definitely , but I'm quite sure that this is the initial one and more will be added (this of course will depend on the kind of response they get for their advertisements)
Closed Thread