Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2011, 21:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i think it is tata because i have seen Next generation tata CV mules near tata plant and headlight case( i dont know what it called) is very very much similar to those mules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
@ tushky:
Could you please post pics of the similar Tata models?
Quote:
I am may be wrong but Next generation tata headlights are very much like these bhartbenz. i will try to get some pics soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
This is defineitely not Tata. Look at the Temp registeration : TN 21 - Kanchepuram. The nearest RTO to Daimler's plant in chennai - Oragadam.
This is most probably a model from Fuso as its been speculated for long that they are bringing those model into India.
THis is the first time test mule of LCV is spotted in public roads.
Guys. Here is the answer for all your queries. The pictures that I posted in Post #102 is undoubtedly of Daimler's LCV that looked similar to the Mitsubishi Fuso.

And today in Pune, I happened to see the new Tata LCV being tested. I guess this is what tushky was talking about as this LCV has a similar triangular frame for headlights like the Daimler LCV.

The rear had nothing significant to talk about whereas the front end is where all the efforts have gone into. It was partially masked and was also far from complete with the panel beneath the windshield and the bumper protector missing from the test vehicle thus exposing the mechanicals to the elements. Though this particular vehicle had separate round headlights and indicators, I guess the production vehicle would get triangular lens covers thus further improving it's looks. The test vehicle was of LHD configuration hinting that Tata is looking at exporting this model. There was also a marked improvement in the overall fit and finish and the paint quality of this vehicle compared to the regular Tatas.
Attached Thumbnails
The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-tata-lhd-lcv-1.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-tata-lhd-lcv-2.jpg  

arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 23:46   #122
BHPian

great. so these tata trucks are almost similar to the concept. i think ashlay had posted a concept pic of this truck before. i can not find it.
Old 28th August 2011, 06:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
great. so these tata trucks are almost similar to the concept. i think ashlay had posted a concept pic of this truck before. i can not find it.
You are right tushky. Even I remember seeing a picture of Tata's new LCV Concept posted by Ashley in one of the threads but am not able to find out where it is. And yeah, this LCV is looking very similar to that concept as well. Exciting times ahead with Tata Motors!
Old 28th August 2011, 07:17   #124
Senior - BHPian

This looks like the next gen 407. And the fact that they are testing LHD versions, means this is likely to get launched in Korea first may be. It is more than likely that this vehicle too will have been designed together with TDCV, Korea.

I remember from ashley's post, there being a smaller cab than this too. So may be Tata is getting ready to counter the attack from AL-Nissan combine on the 2.5ton GVW market too, which is the only range of CV that has no Tata vehicle, spanning from sub 1ton to 75ton GVW vehicles.

They do seem to have taken a few pains to hide the company identity from the cab, and even used Leyland like rear tail lamps, but forgotten the big Tata marking on the load body.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:02   #125
BHPian

Looks good and more like Avia
Old 7th October 2011, 21:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if this has been posted before, but today I spotted the Force Trip undergoing testing on the NH4. Cab is identifical to the Trump 15, with a Tata Magic like soft top passenger space. The Tata Magic and Mahindra Maxximo vans still look far better than this contraption.
Old 7th October 2011, 23:05   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but today I spotted the Force Trip undergoing testing on the NH4. Cab is identifical to the Trump 15, with a Tata Magic like soft top passenger space. The Tata Magic and Mahindra Maxximo vans still look far better than this contraption.
sajo i think it is already in a market. i have seen registered vehicle a month ago.
Old 12th November 2011, 13:57   #128
BHPian

Tata Y1 Light Truck Series spied, in an ICB Exlcusive!

It has been close to 10 years since Tata Motors introduced the the Tata EX series of light commercial vehicles, to resounding success in the Indian LCV market. Fast forward to now, a brand new range of light capacity trucks will take Tata into the future even as the The legendary Tata 407 and 709 EX get replaced. Our roving eye in the sky, EarthFusion has snapped up images of the Tata Y1 series of LCVs, and along with that some crucial information about these trucks.

Link - Tata Y1 Light Truck Series spied, in an ICB Exlcusive! | IndianCarsBikes.in
Attached Images

Old 12th March 2012, 00:16   #129
BHPian

Default Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Saw Few TATA Y1 being tested, the trucks looks very much European.
Attached Thumbnails
The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-1.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-2.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-3.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-4.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-5.jpg  

The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread-6.jpg  

tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 00:46   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They better look European - the cabs were designed in Italy by Stile Bertone which had also designed the modular cab for Prima. I was told at the Auto Expo by a senior Tata manager who was personally involved in the development of Y1 range that Tata has made many modifications to SB's original design to make the product more practical. I was also told that Y1 range will gradually replace the entire range currently in production.

Although the Y1 cabs are very modern, they don't look particularly rugged. The styling is somewhat effiminate.

I'm not too happy with the vertical headlamp cluster design which can potentially blind oncoming drivers due to glare. Horizontally placed lights would have reduced glare. I had pointed this out to the Tata manager but he told me that the design meets all current regulations. Interestingly, the tail-lights use LED lamps.

Tata should launch this range soon to meet the competition from AL-Nissan and Bharat Benz.

Last edited by directinjection : 12th March 2012 at 00:47.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:05   #131
BHPian

Quote:
The gear lever position is too high and probably has longer throw. Wondering if this is the change to be more practical? This might increase driver fatigue as he has to shift his position to slot gears?
Old 14th March 2012, 21:16   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you not spot the passenger version of these trucks.
The first product will be Star bus ultra with 5200mm WB.
Class leading features and several first features should make this a bog hit.
Old 14th March 2012, 23:24   #133
BHPian

no, i didnt. but Tata have already launched the passenger variant of Y1. i remember reading the news about it somewhere
Old 15th March 2012, 11:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no, i didnt. but Tata have already launched the passenger variant of Y1. i remember reading the news about it somewhere
Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases
Quote:
Tata Starbus Ultra - Go beyond your world
Tata Starbus Ultra opens up a whole new world of comfort and luxury for office-goers, hotel guests, tourists and school children. Meant primarily for intra-city transport, the luxury variant can also be used for inter-city travel.
The Tata Starbus Ultra is available in Luxury, Standard, School and Deluxe variants. These are available in different seating configurations (22 - 46 seater), on different wheelbases, thereby providing the customer with a whole range to select from.
The Tata Starbus Ultra has an outstanding aerodynamic body design and aggregates which conform to the Bus Body Code. The Tata Starbus Ultra is the first bus in its category with the front door ahead of the front axle, resulting in more seats for the same length of bus and subsequently better returns for the operator. The advanced parabolic suspension, wider aisle width and super comfortable seating ensure that commuters have smooth and peaceful ride.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 12:33   #135
nbr
BHPian

Question Re: The Light and Small Commercial Vehicle Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
But i always thought this bus was launched earlier ,even before the auto expo .Was that a soft launch which had appeared earlier?
Attached Images

Closed Thread