Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2011, 22:44   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Stag - School Buses

New Looks of Stag school bus.
Got this near Athibelle toll gate.
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-p290411_06.20.jpg
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 23:16   #407
nbr
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Stag - School Buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Attachment 539094
i liked it, it looks much better then TATA's marcopolo design . I find the marcopolo design more chinese..
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:59   #408
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

True, these Stags look very smart and classy looking. Styling is defintiely better than the Tata MarcoPolo Starbus. The larger front headlights and the slightly more lower down look makes it look better. The MarcoPolo probably were trying for a cool Xenon lights look, but failed pretty badly.

Hey, do these Stags have AC version available, and do they have pre-fitted ducting and vents for aftermarket fitment of ACs??
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:09   #409
BHPian

Default Re: Stag - School Buses

Quote:
Attachment 539094
The part above the windshield looks haphazardly done. They could've smoothed it out atleast. But, its decent looking apart from that flaw.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:29   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those Stags are lovely, except for that "forehead" above the windshield. The windshield should've been bigger, like this:
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-stag.jpg
(A quick Paint-job of your photo, Ashley2 )

Otherwise they are classy. They look more planted on the road too, due to their low stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
They could've smoothed it out atleast. But, its decent looking apart from that flaw.
+1
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:04   #411
BHPian

If i am not mistaken, then these are new Stag 40 seater versions. But it would have been better if AL developed a BS3 4cylinder engine with Inline FIP rather than the EDC type.
Old 4th May 2011, 06:19   #412
Senior - BHPian

Lovely front-end design in the Stag. I guess Ashok Leyland have neatly incorporated this 'family look' in all their models. The Stag pictured above, the Lynx pictured in this post (I took this pic last week in Trichy) and all the recent AL Viking MTC Chennai buses have the same design.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-al-lynx-1.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-al-viking-6.jpg  

Old 4th May 2011, 11:06   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
If i am not mistaken, then these are new Stag 40 seater versions. But it would have been better if AL developed a BS3 4cylinder engine with Inline FIP rather than the EDC type.
I was also wondering about this.
If AL can develop 6 cylinder 160HP inline FIP engine, this can also been done. But not sure wat was the implication?
This if developed will definitely be a smarter move!
Old 4th May 2011, 20:45   #414
Senior - BHPian

Not a week passes by without spotting something interesting in Chennai roads to ramble about. Just a fortnight ago, I had posted some snaps of an old Ashok Leyland bus being tested and speculated that the company may be testing the Neptune engine in that body.

A week back, I saw the Nissan Sunny and posted the pics here. A couple of days back, I saw the iBus on test but could not manage to take snaps.

Late yesterday night, I saw yet another Ashok Leyland bus with 'On Test' stickers and 'Test' registration plates on it. It was rear-engined this time and just like the previous ones, the body was far from perfect and showed signs of having taken quite a beating. Now, don't ask me what could this be? I am clueless just like anybody else.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-al-re-bus-1.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-al-re-bus-2.jpg  

Old 4th May 2011, 21:43   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Late yesterday night, I saw yet another Ashok Leyland bus with 'On Test' stickers and 'Test' registration plates on it. It was rear-engined this time and just like the previous ones, the body was far from perfect and showed signs of having taken quite a beating. Now, don't ask me what could this be? I am clueless just like anybody else.
A friend of mine was talking about the Neptune engine being tested in a prototype bus. This could well be one of them.
Old 8th May 2011, 17:39   #416
BHPian

Can anyone tell me if the AL buses running under JNNURM in Ernakulam are classified as LF's or SLF's?
Old 8th May 2011, 19:20   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the AL buses running under JNNURM in Ernakulam are classified as LF's or SLF's?
According to the bus code, its a Low Floor (LF).
Old 9th May 2011, 18:15   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
According to the bus code, its a Low Floor (LF).
So why is it that it has a step after you get on? I mean, you have to go two steps up going from the ground to the floor of the bus. That's not a true LF, is it? Definitely not friendly for the physically challenged .
Old 9th May 2011, 18:42   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So why is it that it has a step after you get on? I mean, you have to go two steps up going from the ground to the floor of the bus. That's not a true LF, is it? Definitely not friendly for the physically challenged .
The bus is a "Low Floor", not a "stepless". The bus with a single step (or step-less) entry is an Ultra-Low-Floor. The one with two steps is a semi-low-floor.

Low Floor is single step entry. RE buses are usually Low Floors - I think the entry is 650mm. ULE is 400mm, while SLF is 890/900mm. (Figures might be inaccurate - entirely from a vague memory).
Old 9th May 2011, 18:49   #420
Senior - BHPian

I think the values are correct. But I think the confusion arises from the fact that Tata uses Low floor only on the ones which are at a 400mm or less height. For the rest it uses semi low floor terminology.
Closed Thread