Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 2nd August 2011, 21:40   #556
BHPian

Default Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

AL should bring similar FBV buses on its Cheetah / Viking / 12M chassis in the domestic market also....
Attached Images

Old 2nd August 2011, 22:35   #557
Senior - BHPian

IMO, The market is still not ripe for fully built coaches in Sub Premium segments.
There is a good pool of coach builders and customers are happy with them.
AL though principally can bring in some designs I feel that will have hard time convincing people.
TM Globus is a classy example.
Except KeSRTC no major orders were neither given nor received.
In Private sector no major players have opted for this coach.
Though this can partly be related to quality of Globus but majority is due to non availability of market for Fully built FE buses.
Name:  global_lg.jpg
Views: 5978
Size:  12.4 KB

Mean while market response for Man FE fully built coaches to be viewed to take a call.
Until then AL can wait or watch.
As a information - AL showcased this Luxliner coach built on Viking Chassis during AutoExpo 2006 for Intercity application.

Name:  Camion12mLuxLinerG.jpg
Views: 6765
Size:  64.4 KB

Interestingly when I was searching some images for Luxliner, I found this website in Spanish about AL products.
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:51   #558
BHPian

Its true that we have to wait for some more time to understand how the market response to MAN buses. Having said that, nothing stops AL from making a move in the market towards FB buses, rather than waiting to see what MAN does. Remember premium segment market was not ready for Volvo also, when it came.
The point here is AL should market aggressively these products. People are inclined to chassis, because AL had very little mechanism in the aftersales to address the body related issues like repair & spare parts. with the AIS bus code coming AL can bring in a/c & non a/c, school, executive & deluxe buses based on this designs with quality body and take a serious effort to market them, i believe lots of institutional, contract carriage customers will be ready to accept it unlike the Globus. Basically the south indian market has more confidence in AL than TML as far as HCV buses is concerned.

Even when AL showcased its Luxliner, it was in no way capable of addressing mass volumes orders of it, at that time. Only MG-Alma would have been benifitted and neither AL nor the customer! So, Luxliner cannot be viewed as a serious effort from AL.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:15   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Its true that we have to wait for some more time to understand how the market response to MAN buses. Having said that, nothing stops AL from making a move in the market towards FB buses, rather than waiting to see what MAN does. Remember premium segment market was not ready for Volvo also, when it came.
Agree! I believe AL already has FBV in its subsidiary Lanka Ashok Leyland. The buses there seem to stand abuse (even 3 year old buses have their brake lights working) like in India. I even liked their under carriage protection bars used there (which could work here as well) So why not use it?

Last edited by DWind : 3rd August 2011 at 10:17.
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:58   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Here is another 40 seater [10 row * 4] AL Lynx A+ Non AC School bus that I spotted yesterday at Mavelikkara RTO. The bus came for registration. I guess this one is for some Engineering College.
[quote=Transsenger;2449130]@ranjithrnath...it could be STAG 40 seater rather than Lynx.

@Transsenger
The bus in my pic is a Lynx. I confirmed the same with my cousin Sakthi, the bus belongs to his Engg college SBCE Pattoor.
The second pic in closeup shows the Lynx model name.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-photo-0060.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-lynx.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2011, 22:27   #561
BHPian

@ranjithrnath...thanks for the info...i taught that since it was a new model Lynx, it would probably be 4900WB version. Then its will be 49 seater. Could you find out the correct model "Lynx 4900 / 4200"? and the number of seat?
Old 5th August 2011, 17:24   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

On a seperate note kerala srtc had many buses from Irizar tvs but most of them are out and gone now. have put a picture of one of the remaining ones.
They are not that attractive if you can see them, looks like they are built to a cost.
source:ksrtcblog
Here is another set of pics of an Irizar-TVS built Hitech SF RT 111
I guess the bus belonged to TVM[not sure]
First PIC is the original state
Second PIC credits to Sankar, now the bus is serving as a TVM CITY ORD
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt111.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th August 2011, 19:04   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ranjithrnath...thanks for the info...i taught that since it was a new model Lynx, it would probably be 4900WB version. Then its will be 49 seater. Could you find out the correct model "Lynx 4900 / 4200"? and the number of seat?
This is Lynx 4900 with 49 seats.
Old 5th August 2011, 20:59   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
What happened to those AC buses built on AL 12M chassis, with a slave engine? They were better than the Globuses that run the TSR-BLR service
Here are the pictures of the 10 AC buses of KeSRTC.
5 of them were TATA 1616c [RT 826/827/961/962/977], body built by Popular Mega Motors India Ltd [PMMI] TVM , without any slave engine.
The other 5 were AL 12 M 177PS [RT 905/906/958/959/960], body built by Irizar-TVS, with slave engines. All buses had 11 row seats in 2x2 push back configuration [44 seats+1 conductor]
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-826-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-827-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-905-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-906-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-958-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-959-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-960-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-961-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-962-final.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-rt-977-final.jpg  

ranjithrnath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 23:59   #565
Senior - BHPian

Excellent follow up of all these guys.
Nice to see all of them in one row.
BTW, why is 177 HP with a slave engine and 160HP with a engine driven AC
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 07:52   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
BTW, why is 177 HP with a slave engine and 160HP with a engine driven AC
KeSRTC has some very unique brains sitting there to make (make, not take) decisions.

The TATA was a grand success, while the ALs were not (because the slave engine always gave them trouble). This led them to purchase 20 of those Globuses (1616) - which are now being prematurely scrapped.
Old 8th August 2011, 11:30   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
KeSRTC has some very unique brains sitting there to make (make, not take) decisions.

The TATA was a grand success, while the ALs were not (because the slave engine always gave them trouble). This led them to purchase 20 of those Globuses (1616) - which are now being prematurely scrapped.
I would say, the TM buses were "MADE" a grand success. Despite many quality issues and premature scrapping of many TM buses, KSRTC has gone ahead and placed more orders with TM, which, according to a few drivers, is plain blunder. One of them even went to the extent of saying that there were some behind-the-scene dealings which is the reason for this (read, premature scrapping -> new spares and new buses frequently -> more business for you-know-who-all)
Old 11th August 2011, 20:59   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Any idea what is the chassis powering this vehicle
This is Conference on wheels (Konferenz on wheels as told by parveen travels)
Konferenz on Wheels! - Meetings Re-defined...
Attachment 531647

Attachment 531648
I spoke to some Guys in Parveen and they confirmed me its a Panther Chassis.
Name:  images.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  7.4 KB

Last edited by Ashley2 : 11th August 2011 at 21:01.
Old 23rd August 2011, 13:55   #569
BHPian

A new school bus built on Tata LP912. The bus body is built by Kondody Autocraft, Kottayam. Interestingly the the body has been extended by nearly 1.5' from the chassis to incorporate the passenger door, ahead of the front wheel. I believe, extending the body over the chassis is not permitted under Kerala MV Rules. But this customer seems just above the law!The front glass seems similar to the new Eicher "Skyline" or the AL "Stag A+".
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-image378.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-image377.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-image380.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2011, 22:36   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A new school bus built on Tata LP912. The bus body is built by Kondody Autocraft, Kottayam. I...".
Why have they missed Lynx. I believe they already have one.
Lynx, as you know does not have any competition for institution application.
Closed Thread