Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2012, 16:37   #826
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have owned a 210in WB cheetah. Errr .... 2 of them.
There are four WB options in Cheetah 176",203",210" and 231".

The nearest to 178" was 176", so I mentioned that way.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:09   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Our non AC bus (114 HP) gives an average of 3.75 to 4 kmpl. Our AC bus even when run without AC gives us max 3 kmpl. On the long run, every kmpl matters to us.
The driving habits do play a great role in this situation...if you drive a EDC engine the same way as the 114Hp one...then you find this situation.
Drivers training can bring about lots of change.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:21   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Our non AC bus (114 HP) gives an average of 3.75 to 4 kmpl. Our AC bus even when run without AC gives us max 3 kmpl. On the long run, every kmpl matters to us.
Raj, I am not still convinced about your Non AC FE of AC bus. The figures you have quoted are much less than 225 hp 12M's. Have you made a personal fuel check in both your buses, as even the NAC is atleast 10% lesser than the regular ones.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:29   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, has there been any new launches by AL in the recent years? And technical advancements in any models with respect to economics & service?

If today, I want to build a 49 seater non-A/C bus, which chassis will you experts suggest me? If the bus being built by the guy in Prakash is on a good chassis, we might as well pick that bus up, of course with our customizations & colour. We will get the bus in another one month in that case.
You can look into Viking 222 with 160 hp. This is not the same one you have. This comes fitted with inline pump and so no EDC.

What is the chassis that is been body built at Prakash. 25 lks for a 49 seater seems to a perfect price (not high and not less)
Old 29th February 2012, 10:47   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The driving habits do play a great role in this situation...if you drive a EDC engine the same way as the 114Hp one...then you find this situation.
Drivers training can bring about lots of change.
Can you please give me some tips on this?

Are you sure my bus is EDC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Raj, I am not still convinced about your Non AC FE of AC bus. The figures you have quoted are much less than 225 hp 12M's. Have you made a personal fuel check in both your buses, as even the NAC is atleast 10% lesser than the regular ones.
Okay, give me some time. I will post the exact fuel efficiency figures based on full tank to full tank method.
Old 29th February 2012, 22:30   #831
Senior - BHPian

New designs in AL 12M RE.

Source

Last edited by Ashley2 : 29th February 2012 at 22:32.
Ashley2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 23:07   #832
BHPian

MODERATOR NOTE: Do not quote a large picture with a one liner, especially when the said picture is availabe on the same page & in the previous post! Help us conserve server space

Looks weird but good at the same time. I wonder why no AshLey or Tata rear engined buses catch on in the custom bus segment. It's all front engined.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th March 2012 at 18:03.
smashnerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 01:01   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The side is typical AL 12M. Rear is ok. But the front is not to my liking. Any idea about the specifications?

I read in an online forum that the AL RE city buses are prone to overheating. Is there any truth in this?
Old 1st March 2012, 01:11   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The side is typical AL 12M. Rear is ok. But the front is not to my liking. Any idea about the specifications?

I read in an online forum that the AL RE city buses are prone to overheating. Is there any truth in this?
This bus is built for TIJU TRAVELS, MARAMON, KOZHENCHERY
They already have 3 Ac buses and 3 non ac buses
Attached Images

Old 1st March 2012, 12:53   #835
BHPian

Quote:

The attempt is good. The fit & finish seems to be ok in the image.
But extremely disappointed about the Front, Rear and Side glass profiles. It could have been much better. And the front face & headlights are kept very high, even though driver position is low.

Meanwhile are there any other customers who have opted for this model. May be better designs are built by Veera/Prakash/IrizarTVS etc. I think iT09 would look good in this platform/chassis.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:18   #836
nbr
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

Quote:
But extremely disappointed about the Front, Rear and Side glass profiles. It could have been much better. And the front face & headlights are kept very high, even though driver position is low.

Meanwhile are there any other customers who have opted for this model. May be better designs are built by Veera/Prakash/IrizarTVS etc. I think iT09 would look good in this platform/chassis.

Even i feel the same . It looks chinese, after ASLEY designing good looking models what made them change their styling again . Very bland & boring . They need to get aggressive on their styling.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:35   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
It looks chinese, after ASLEY designing good looking models what made them change their styling again . Very bland & boring . They need to get aggressive on their styling.
This one is not an AshLey design, but built by a body workshop named Techno. I doubt AL has any say in the design of this coach.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 16:31   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Looks weird but good at the same time. I wonder why no AshLey or Tata rear engined buses catch on in the custom bus segment. It's all front engined.
There was no chassis available for sale in RE versions.Only fully built was available.
Now with the availability of 12M RE, we may expect in near future.

Quote:

Agree with you for the design aspect. But finish of the coach seems to be good.
I think its only customer as told here - "Tiju travels".

IMO, Veera/SMK are extremely close as they share the windscreen. Other(s) designs are welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Even i feel the same . It looks chinese, after ASLEY designing good looking models what made them change their styling again . Very bland & boring . They need to get aggressive on their styling.
AL has nothing to do with design. Credit(good or bad) goes to body builder - Techno.
Old 2nd March 2012, 08:52   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Volvo yesterday. Sported one small sign on side & rear saying "Test Vehicle". And completely blanked out, as can be seen in the pic.

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-volvoontest.jpg
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:57   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Spotted this Volvo yesterday. Sported one small sign on side & rear saying "Test Vehicle". And completely blanked out, as can be seen in the pic.

Attachment 895953
I have spotted this in and around Jayanagar couple of times. By any chance is this the Volvo Hybrid bus?

-Sajan
Closed Thread