Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 3rd February 2011, 08:42   #586
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: City Buses of various STUs all over India

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Can someone please tell me what is creating so much of a visual difference between these two buses (apart from minor design elements like taillights and others)?
Here the main difference in the windscreen. KeSRTC is a much smaller one compared to MTC's. Not sure of this coach builder but MTC's were built by Maruthi. More over the head lamps which are actually too good to look alone does not match with the front facia created.
Apart from this paint shade/scheme are all choosen by the customers.
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:34   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Here the main difference in the windscreen. KeSRTC is a much smaller one compared to MTC's.
I think the windshield is of the same size - but the body, overall, is taller than the MTC ones. If you check the interior images, the wheel well is not intruding much into the cabin - the standard KeSRTC designs are so tall that the wheel-well does not intrude at all.

The windows are perched too high - the bottom portion of the windows start just where the top of the seat ends!

Overall, the design looks too asymmetric.

I hope the double-deckers that KeSRTC is purchasing would look better. Attaching a picture showing the "claimed design" of the KeSRTC double decker. This picture was displayed at an Exhibition organised by KeSRTC.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_9480.jpg  

binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:51   #588
Senior - BHPian

I really wish that is not the design for the double decker bus.

OT: Why can't the KeSRTC change their domain name to ksrtc.com? Just now realized that it's not taken by anyone!!! keralartc seems complicated (I'd bookmarked the site ever since it was revamped :-))
silversteed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:56   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I think the windshield is of the same size - but the body, overall, is taller than the MTC ones.
I am quite sure of the differance in windscreen. No doubt.
One more the ORVMs will be a over hanging type unlike the conventional type in KeSRTC ones.

Attaching a picture showing the "claimed design" of the KeSRTC double decker. This picture was displayed at an Exhibition organised by KeSRTC.[/quote]
I seriously doubt this will be a claimed design.
The Ashokleyland Name plate in this image is of the older style and more over the use of NewGen cabs headlights is a common scenario for ALs in recent times.
GOing by this, the image shown should be an older one.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:52   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I really wish that is not the design for the double decker bus.
I second your thoughts. I am expecting something more jazzy.

Quote:
OT: Why can't the KeSRTC change their domain name to ksrtc.com? Just now realized that it's not taken by anyone!!! keralartc seems complicated (I'd bookmarked the site ever since it was revamped :-))
Most websites of departments/undertakings under the Kerala government follow this pattern. The webaddresses begin with "Kerala". The site of the Kerala Motor Vehicles Department is MVDKerala - Home.

The website is designed and maintained by the Electronic Data Processing Centre of KSRTC.

Quote:
I seriously doubt this will be a claimed design.
The Ashokleyland Name plate in this image is of the older style and more over the use of NewGen cabs headlights is a common scenario for ALs in recent times.
GOing by this, the image shown should be an older one.
I hope so. But the officer who was manning the booth claimed this is the rendering given to them my AshLey - and this was the approved design. I hope the bus comes with a better design - but I loved the full length windshield on the top - will be a boon to tourists.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:46   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope the bus comes with a better design - but I loved the full length windshield on the top - will be a boon to tourists.
Some thing like this oneCity Buses of various STUs all over India-ddbus.jpg
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:20   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Some thing like this one
No! Please! A design like this will make things convenient for stone throwers

The bus is being fabricated in Mumbai, as I learn. I hope the buses do not look like a copy of the BEST Double Deckers - a better design, with elements from the current Fascia of Leyland buses would be great.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:15   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bus is being fabricated in Mumbai, as I learn. ....
Then it should be Antony Garage?
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:16   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bus is being fabricated in Mumbai, as I learn. ....
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:46   #595
BHPian

Quote:
I seem to remember Double Decker buses built by ALLWYN? Dont they build it anymore?
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:58   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I seem to remember Double Decker buses built by ALLWYN? Dont they build it anymore?
I think Allwyn (Hyderabad Allwyn Limited) is no more. The Bus body building division was sold off to Mahindra long back.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:16   #597
BHPian

The double decker bus shown in the image in #587 seems to be the one supplied to BRTC, Dhaka. Nearly 200 of them were supplied by AL a few years back.

The windows on the new KeSRTC Vestibule should have been bigger(height), just like the MTC ones!. AFAIK, there is a rule by RTO specifying the height of the window from the inside floor of the bus. This result in higher side panel just above the skirt level.
Meanwhile, i strongly feel AL is not serious about the quality of its fully built buses. Nearly a year ago, when i first posted images of the JnNURM AL RESLF for KeSRTC, i had mentioned the poor quality of body fit & finish. Even today i find no improvements in this vestibule bus.
Transsenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:27   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The double decker bus shown in the image in #587 seems to be the one supplied to BRTC, Dhaka. Nearly 200 of them were supplied by AL a few years back.
I guess you are right. Here is a pic of the BRTC Double Decker (Image from the BRTC website):

Name:  dd_us.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  6.7 KB

I hope they don't deliver the same design to KeSRTC now.

Quote:
The windows on the new KeSRTC Vestibule should have been bigger(height), just like the MTC ones!. AFAIK, there is a rule by RTO specifying the height of the window from the inside floor of the bus. This result in higher side panel just above the skirt level.
I guess the rule allows for lower windows if adequate "restraints" are provided - I mean the bars should be placed for the lower portion to prevent people from putting their head/hand outside.

Quote:
Meanwhile, i strongly feel AL is not serious about the quality of its fully built buses. Nearly a year ago, when i first posted images of the JnNURM AL RESLF for KeSRTC, i had mentioned the poor quality of body fit & finish. Even today i find no improvements in this vestibule bus.
Very true. However, the products that AL sells to the open market - like the "A+" series of school buses - have respectable levels of quality.

The KeSRTC RE-SLF buses have good interiors - they have really stood through the 9 months of abuse. But the exteriors are in real bad shape. One bus has been running with broken glasses with over 3 months now - the glasses are replaced by Ashok Leyland directly (through their dealer) since the buses are covered under an AMC. Recently, all the RESLF were transferred out of the main depot (Ernakulam Depot), to depots on the periphery.

With this transfer, the operation depots are left with no spare buses, and they are flogging these buses in order to avoid cancellations. One bus had its entire front panel replaced recently, and the painting they've done is just horrible.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:34   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... One bus had its entire front panel replaced recently....
Can you explain more about this!
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:52   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you explain more about this!
In one particular bus (JNK80), the front panel (the portion below the windshield, upto the bumper) was entirely replaced. Not sure if that was an accident - but the bus was in this condition when it was delivered to KeSRTC.

The panel was replaced, and was crudely overpainted. The funniest part is that the side indicators were broken, and they just overpainted it! They did not bother even replacing the indicators. Not sure who is at fault in this damage.

Attaching a picture of the bus... notice the black marks. Also note the missing side indicators. The difference in paint colour is not very obvious in this picture - will try to get better images to show the difference. The quality of buses in the recent lot are even worse. The exteriors look really bad - but the interiors are good. The fitting in the first lot of buses have held through for over 9 months now.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_9026.jpg