Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 14th February 2011, 08:04   #661
BHPian

Default Re: City Buses of various STUs all over India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It is for ventilation, at foot level. It can be seen on the lower deck too.
Aren't the windows for that purpose?
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 10:55   #662
Senior - BHPian

Won't these ventilators allow water ingress during the rains? I believe they cannot be closed. Moreover, it's going to be an easy way out for dust, muck and other waste found on the floor - while on the lower deck, I wouldn't like to see these things falling down from the top deck. Hope the KSRTC workshop seals them permanently
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 12:18   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Won't these ventilators allow water ingress during the rains? I believe they cannot be closed. Moreover, it's going to be an easy way out for dust, muck and other waste found on the floor - while on the lower deck, I wouldn't like to see these things falling down from the top deck. Hope the KSRTC workshop seals them permanently
Nope, water doesn't enter from these vents atleast in our Mumbai BEST buses and the rains that we have. I believe they are for ventilation and for easy cleaning of the floor. These are common on all single and double decker buses that BEST has.

P.S: About four years back, I did lose a Rs 2 coin due to these vents. When the conductor gave me return change, it slipped out of my hand and also slipped out thru these vents.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 20:20   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Nope, water doesn't enter from these vents atleast in our Mumbai BEST buses and the rains that we have. I believe they are for ventilation and for easy cleaning of the floor. These are common on all single and double decker buses that BEST has.

P.S: About four years back, I did lose a Rs 2 coin due to these vents. When the conductor gave me return change, it slipped out of my hand and also slipped out thru these vents.
Oh, so maybe they really are there for the water discharge from cleaning.
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 21:11   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Around 8 years back, I got a 5 rupee coin from one of these vents! Back then, as a college student, I made sure to pocket the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Oh, so maybe they really are there for the water discharge from cleaning.
I too think the same.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 23:01   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I recall several years back, there was an attempt to introduce double deckers and vestibule buses in Kochi.
Vestibule buses for Kochi? Look at the back sides of JNNURM low floor buses. They should get mini buses instead!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
KeSRTC would also have a tough time getting windshields of this design if they end up with an accident.
Not sure why they cannot use a curved windshield at the top also covering full width of the bus as that of the bottom windshield. Some where i read the main pupose of introducing the DD bus was for tourists. I wish they had a livery based on this theme, instead of the boring red/yellow
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 09:24   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Vestibule buses for Kochi? Look at the back sides of JNNURM low floor buses. They should get mini buses instead!!!
IMO, vestibule buses are better than aanavandis (long wheel-base buses).

Quote:
Not sure why they cannot use a curved windshield at the top also covering full width of the bus as that of the bottom windshield. Some where i read the main pupose of introducing the DD bus was for tourists.
I agree with your point on the windshield for the top deck. It should've been wide, tall and made of a single glass.
Old 15th February 2011, 10:15   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vestibule buses for Kochi?
Yes, Vestibule buses are expected in Kochi soon.
Its best suited for Aroor-Angamaly bye pass route. I can't comment on how they can manage inside city especially on MG Road, Chittoor Rd, SA Rd etc where even ALL low floor buses are a pain.

Last edited by coolclouds : 15th February 2011 at 10:17.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 16:36   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Yes, Vestibule buses are expected in Kochi soon.
Its best suited for Aroor-Angamaly bye pass route. I can't comment on how they can manage inside city especially on MG Road, Chittoor Rd, SA Rd etc where even ALL low floor buses are a pain.
No... Not at all!

KeSRTC purchased only ONE vestibule bus, and that is to be run in Trivandrum city only. Kochi will receive one double decker, but no vestibule. This is the information I get - but then the minister hails from Angamaly, and you never know what finally happens!
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:17   #670
Senior - BHPian

The Vestuble Bus has reached Trivandrum it looks like

Picture courtesy www.skyscrapercity.com - Trivandrum Projects - Thanks to member - ajithV.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-image213s.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:22   #671
Senior - BHPian

few days back The Hindu reported that the Kerala Srtc has got a brand new double decker bus and thats an AL one !
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:18   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
The Vestuble Bus has reached Trivandrum it looks like

Picture courtesy www.skyscrapercity.com - Trivandrum Projects - Thanks to member - ajithV.
Funny... very funny! Why do you want to credit the image to another website? The original image already has a T-BHP watermark, which means the image is already here! The original of this image is right in this tread, a few pages before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
few days back The Hindu reported that the Kerala Srtc has got a brand new double decker bus and thats an AL one !
The news and image is already here! See this post for an image of the new Double-decker.
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:46   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Funny... very funny! Why do you want to credit the image to another website? The original image already has a T-BHP watermark, which means the image is already here! The original of this image is right in this tread, a few pages before..
Binaik,

I am glad that you think its funny. I copied the picture from the other site. Honestly I did not see the picture in this thread but by coincidence I read the post about the vbus in the othere thread and here almost in sequence, hence I posted the picture here. I was not claiming any credit and I did not see the TBHP mark on the original picture

Any ways no harm at all I suppose

Best Regards

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 23:16   #674
BHPian

Here is a sample of BEST's maintenance standards these days.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-dsc006411.jpg  

AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 11:55   #675
Senior - BHPian

Default AL RE buses in Bangalore

Have been spotting a few RE AshLey buses here (route 201x). They look really run down. Aren't they Panthers? What are their specs, anybody? I think they have air suspension at the front and rear. Body is made to look like that of a Volvo 8400, but with openable side windows.

Even without AC they don't sound harsh inside. I got into one, but had to get off there itself as it was not the route i wanted to travel. So, i don't know about the ride quality.

Last edited by silversteed : 8th March 2011 at 11:57.