Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 12:40   #601
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TN58/TN41/TN37
Posts: 181
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Isn't the driver cabin separated from the passenger saloon? The folding door doesn't go well with the body design - a single piece door, like the ones in ABT, ARC, Volvo et al would've looked better.

Any pics of the interior?
I think the driver cabin is separated from passenger saloon. Havent gone inside the bus, so not able to take any interior pics. It didn't give me an impression of a 12M AC bus.

They could have tried something similar to this. Rajahamsa AC which was running to Madurai during the initial runs.

Name:  IMG_0546.jpg
Views: 12565
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0533.jpg
Views: 6143
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0540.jpg
Views: 5730
Size:  96.8 KB
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 22:20   #602
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Last week spotted this APSRTC Bus going for delivery, probably one those "Indira" Economy AC Bus Service.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0036.jpg  

agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 22:31   #603
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,080
Thanked: 1,414 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

May I present this from the house of bus museum

Corona to Cerita and Starbus to 20.15 :-)

Name:  P020109_03.35.jpg
Views: 6857
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  P020109_03.36.jpg
Views: 12668
Size:  155.7 KB

Last edited by Ashley2 : 31st December 2011 at 22:39.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:28   #604
BHPian
 
ranjithrnath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 119
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Found this pic in Facebook, Its an old pic.
KeSRTC Globus kissing pipes at Kozhikode byepass
Attached Images
 
ranjithrnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:08   #605
BHPian
 
ranjithrnath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 119
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

PSM TRAVELS
I saw these buses near Gandhi Nagar near Supplyco Head Office, Ernakulam. The buses leave at 04.30 PM to Chennai.
They are 2+1, Sleeper/Seater, Non-AC (40 seats), one bus is Prakash built, other is Veera. Both are run down 2nd hand buses.
PSM Travelss BUS # 1 EKM-Chennai PY 02 H 7741
PSM Travelss BUS # 2 EKM-Chennai KA 01 B 5162
Their website shows another 2+2, Executive AirBus, Non-AC, Video (40 seats) 05.00 PM departure.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-01.jpg  

Attached Images
  
ranjithrnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:37   #606
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 782 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
PSM TRAVELS
I saw these buses near Gandhi Nagar near Supplyco Head Office, Ernakulam. The buses leave at 04.30 PM to Chennai.
They are 2+1, Sleeper/Seater, Non-AC (40 seats), one bus is Prakash built, other is Veera. Both are run down 2nd hand buses.
PSM Travelss BUS # 1 EKM-Chennai PY 02 H 7741
PSM Travelss BUS # 2 EKM-Chennai KA 01 B 5162
Their website shows another 2+2, Executive AirBus, Non-AC, Video (40 seats) 05.00 PM departure.
I think the seater bus is not running - the website is showing that trip to be sold out for all the days - this is usually a trick followed on redbus as well as many private operators. They'd show the trip to be full, instead of saying the schedule is cancelled.

The KA registered Sleeper was, AFAIK, with Kallada (or Kallada G4). I have a vague memory seeing it with Kallada - as an AC sleeper bus on the BNG-EKM route. Not very sure of that though.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:05   #607
BHPian
 
ranjithrnath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 119
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Whiteline Tours

Whiteline Tours & Travels based in Chembumukku ,Kakkanad, Ernakulam, Kerala owns these AL Panther 160HP 219"WB AC Semi Sleeper Buses. The buses are built by Prakash. Looks like a volvo B7R MK3 Clone.
They have a HM ISUZU slave engine to power the AC compressor, located at the RR side.
The seating layout is 11 rows 45 seats [last row 5 seats and front row 4 seats are executive, rest 9 rows 36 semi sleeper seats]
These buses run as "weekend specials" to Chennai charging Rs 1000- 1200 [ got this information from the crew]
Attached Images
  
ranjithrnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 14:56   #608
BHPian
 
Jimmyjosek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 193 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

A total surprise. Eicher has finally managed to sell a bus in Kerala's major trunk route!

This beautiful bus, called F4 Queen operates as Kozhikode-Kannur LS. I initially thought this was Tata but the sound was unfamiliar. To my surprise, it is an eicher. Look at the steering wheel, typical Eicher.

A very rare species for Kerala
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_7277.jpg  

Jimmyjosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 15:21   #609
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,324 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
A total surprise. Eicher has finally managed to sell a bus in Kerala's major trunk route!

This beautiful bus, called F4 Queen operates as Kozhikode-Kannur LS. I initially thought this was Tata but the sound was unfamiliar. To my surprise, it is an eicher. Look at the steering wheel, typical Eicher.

A very rare species for Kerala
It's a Tata LP1512C. The registration no KL-58-G-27 is registered in Vadakara, and matches the bus in the picture. Are you sure it's an Eicher?


EDIT: Jimmychayaa, i saw your FB album now, ranjithrnath has already posted the Kerala MVD site info there. Will they make such a gross mistake, ie., change an Eicher to a Tata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Whiteline Tours & Travels based in Chembumukku ,Kakkanad, Ernakulam, Kerala owns these AL Panther 160HP 219"WB AC Semi Sleeper Buses. The buses are built by Prakash. Looks like a volvo B7R MK3 Clone.
They have a HM ISUZU slave engine to power the AC compressor, located at the RR side.
The seating layout is 11 rows 45 seats [last row 5 seats and front row 4 seats are executive, rest 9 rows 36 semi sleeper seats]
These buses run as "weekend specials" to Chennai charging Rs 1000- 1200 [ got this information from the crew]
Nice catch! Any more pictures, i mean, of the interiors and the rear? It would easily pass off as a Volvo for most of the public.

Last edited by silversteed : 9th January 2012 at 15:31.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 15:21   #610
BHPian
 
prmd_cochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cochin
Posts: 575
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
A total surprise. Eicher has finally managed to sell a bus in Kerala's major trunk route!

This beautiful bus, called F4 Queen operates as Kozhikode-Kannur LS. I initially thought this was Tata but the sound was unfamiliar. To my surprise, it is an eicher. Look at the steering wheel, typical Eicher.

A very rare species for Kerala
I saw this in your album a few days back. Im a regular visitor there. PPK used to operate Eicher on one of their long distance routes, forgot the exact permit.
prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 18:02   #611
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 782 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

KPN has launched a new Ernakulam-Hyderabad Service. Its a Volvo B9R doing the run.

The bus departs at 1400 hrs from Ernakulam (Kadavanthra) and at 1500hrs from Hyderabad. The run time claimed is 18hrs.

Name:  IMG_2960.jpg
Views: 18651
Size:  179.0 KB

KPN has also launched a new B9R service between Ernakulam and Bangalore (Dep: 2200hrs from both ends).

Name:  IMG_2965.jpg
Views: 13960
Size:  218.7 KB

With these additions, KPN has the following services from Ernakulam:

1. Chennai (1x B9R, 1x Non-AC)
2. Bangalore (1x B9R, 1x AC Sleeper)
3. Hyderabad (1x B9R)
4. Madurai (1x Non-AC)
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 18:10   #612
BHPian
 
ThePunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TN-22 / KL-53
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Sorry for slight deviation.
When talking about non-tata-AL buses in Kerala inter city buses, I remember at least of 2 buses which were plying in the Kozhikkode - Palakkad route many years back in the late 1990s. Guess both were izuzu - if any one else think otherwise.
One was named "Tellus" - It had a very nicely built contoured body (TN built) with sliding glasses (most were with the regular shutters) and should have been well driven too, dont remember of any deformations/dents for quite a long time. Then the body was refurbished and it just looked and sounded very new. I loved to travel in it rather than any other bus during my early morning commute just to enjoy the sweet hissing growl, where as AL was having more of deep growl and not thisss smooth ;-).
The other bus was "Peekeyem" was more taller in stance and plyed for a longer time than other buses and was very regular. Both buses were logging more no. of hours per day than most other buses in the same route with almost 16 hours running per day with two to & fro trips while others did 1.5 to & fro trips at max!!
ThePunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 19:44   #613
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,936
Thanked: 1,324 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Sorry for slight deviation.
When talking about non-tata-AL buses in Kerala inter city buses, I remember at least of 2 buses which were plying in the Kozhikkode - Palakkad route many years back in the late 1990s. Guess both were izuzu - if any one else think otherwise.
One was named "Tellus" - It had a very nicely built contoured body (TN built) with sliding glasses (most were with the regular shutters) and should have been well driven too, dont remember of any deformations/dents for quite a long time. Then the body was refurbished and it just looked and sounded very new. I loved to travel in it rather than any other bus during my early morning commute just to enjoy the sweet hissing growl, where as AL was having more of deep growl and not thisss smooth ;-).
The other bus was "Peekeyem" was more taller in stance and plyed for a longer time than other buses and was very regular. Both buses were logging more no. of hours per day than most other buses in the same route with almost 16 hours running per day with two to & fro trips while others did 1.5 to & fro trips at max!!
I remember travelling in a "Tellus", somewhere in the 90s. It was an AshLey, IIRC but it did sound different from the rest of the pack. Did they have more than one bus in PLKD-KKD route? The bus I'm referring to was grey in colour, with light green tinted window glasses.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2012, 23:19   #614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 457 Times
Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

KPN has launched a new Ernakulam-Hyderabad Service. Its a Volvo B9R doing the run.

The bus departs at 1400 hrs from Ernakulam (Kadavanthra) and at 1500hrs from Hyderabad. The run time claimed is 18hrs.


Kesineni in the meanwhile has as per their website stared a second service on HYD-COK. This one is a 24 seat AC sleeper service and charges 2000 Rs end to end.
TKMCE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 05:28   #615
BHPian
 
ThePunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TN-22 / KL-53
Posts: 104
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed

I remember travelling in a "Tellus", somewhere in the 90s. It was an AshLey, IIRC but it did sound different from the rest of the pack. Did they have more than one bus in PLKD-KKD route? The bus I'm referring to was grey in colour, with light green tinted window glasses.
Yes, I am referring to the same Tellus with light green tinted glasses and light grey body color. They had only one bus in PLKD-KKD route.
Tellus and Peekeyem sounded simar, and I had heard from the latter's staff that it is an izuzu (vaguely remember) when asked about the differing sound. But i have not heard any other isuzu to ascertain that though . Never felt like it could be a AL viking too. Peekeyem had many other buses all AL's but none sounding like this ( reg# 6543) nor having such longevity.
ThePunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City Buses of various STUs all over India condor Commercial Vehicles 1085 11th May 2016 00:01
Rashly Driven Private Buses Jimmyjosek Commercial Vehicles 194 28th July 2015 09:57
Intercity buses: What kind of seats? binaiks Commercial Vehicles 2 3rd May 2013 15:46
Maintenance of Buses by various STUs girishglg Commercial Vehicles 7 16th January 2013 19:57
Any SunFilm Ban on Private Buses? amtak Commercial Vehicles 26 23rd December 2012 21:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks