Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 10th January 2012, 09:28   #616
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Yes, I am referring to the same Tellus with light green tinted glasses and light grey body color. They had only one bus in PLKD-KKD route.
Tellus and Peekeyem sounded simar, and I had heard from the latter's staff that it is an izuzu (vaguely remember) when asked about the differing sound. But i have not heard any other isuzu to ascertain that though . Never felt like it could be a AL viking too. Peekeyem had many other buses all AL's but none sounding like this ( reg# 6543) nor having such longevity.
Well, that bus was not an Isuzu. It sounded more like the AL Taurus trucks that were available around that time. I'm guessing that it had a different engine, not the ones used in the Cheetah chassis.

Though I remember seeing Peekeyem in the Palakkad municipal stand, haven't travelled in it. So I can't comment on that.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 09:00   #617
BHPian

Catch At CMBT.
This one is doing Hubli-Bangalore-Chennai trip,owned by NWKRTC.Another Gold Class-AIRAVAT.
Sorry for the clarity of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-6.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-7.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-8.jpg  

gold class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:46   #618
BHPian

All,
Earlier ARC had buses running to bangalore from Coimbatore, Chennai, Nagercoil(Marthandam). Now a days i'm not seeing any bangalore bound buses from them. What happened to those buses and what they are doing with their KA registered buses?

After discontinuing bangalore routes, i haven't seen any new routes from them.
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:14   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
All,
Earlier ARC had buses running to bangalore from Coimbatore, Chennai, Nagercoil(Marthandam). Now a days i'm not seeing any bangalore bound buses from them. What happened to those buses and what they are doing with their KA registered buses?

After discontinuing bangalore routes, i haven't seen any new routes from them.
I'm hazarding a guess that they're dividing their routes with ABTX Travels. It's been quite a few months since they stopped their Bangalore-CBE services. Did they have any KA registered buses? I thought all of them were TN registered
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 11:29   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I'm hazarding a guess that they're dividing their routes with ABTX Travels. It's been quite a few months since they stopped their Bangalore-CBE services. Did they have any KA registered buses? I thought all of them were TN registered
They had Ka registered buses. I have seen them many times. Regarding ABT and ARC dividing their territories, Not sure whether that is true or not. You can see three different buses in the following set of images.

Below one is one among their KA registered bus.
Copyright: Harish Vaithy @ Picassa.
Name:  Photo019.jpg
Views: 6037
Size:  57.5 KB

Below image is from their website gallery.
Name:  2b365f0.jpg
Views: 4965
Size:  41.3 KB
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2012, 21:34   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Nagpur - Hyderabad : Saini Travels

Travelled from Nagpur to Hyderabad in Saini Nagpur travels.
Chassis - Ashok Leyland 12M
Body - Sutlej.
Type - 2+1 AC Sleeper

Scheduled departure was 8.45 PM at Gandhibagh. Bus came a bit late at around 9.00 PM.I was asked to keep my luggage at the boot with my seat number was written on it.

Here I should tell something about their coaches. They had a different facia compared to our conventional SMK's and Veera's. It had a (I shall post the pic later as I am unable to download now)The coach was well maintained with no major rattles. Speakers and LCD screen were provided in each compartment and it played only on demand with switch and remote control provided - In many of my experience these LCD's are never played in south based operators fleet.
Bed sheet, pillow, shall and even curtains were very clean and inviting.
There was some pick ups in some part of city and hit the high way soon.Driven by Sardarji and he was very smooth in overtaking and during braking.
Reached Hyderabad Paradise at around 6.15 AM. My experience was really good in terms comfort and punctuality.
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 11:30   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Nagpur - Hyderabad : Saini Travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Travelled from Nagpur to Hyderabad in Saini Nagpur travels.
Chassis - Ashok Leyland 12M
Body - Sutlej.
Type - 2+1 AC Sleeper ....
Some inspiration from Neoplan Spaceliner!
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-p110112_16.51.jpg
Old 17th January 2012, 22:15   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)

I am aware that Central regions (Mostly MH and GJ) are biggest sleeper markets in India. But this one little too much to see a Mofusil sleeper bus running for less than 150 kms.
The cleanliness is nothing to quote as I found difficult even to sit in them.
Spotted this from Nagpur - Tata LP 1109.
Name:  P110112_14.15.jpg
Views: 15366
Size:  256.1 KB
Old 17th January 2012, 23:12   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am aware that Central regions (Mostly MH and GJ) are biggest sleeper markets in India. But this one little too much to see a Mofusil sleeper bus running for less than 150 kms.
Wow, rare species Ashley. But what about it as a double decker. According to me, the next logical step for mofusil buses in India is Double Deckers. A DD on semi low floor, can be a nice option on routes like Covai-Erode-Salem. Considering Upper deck for seating only, it could easily seat 75 passengers. We think double decker is not practical because what when we say DD what comes to our mind is BESTs DDs. They are a century old design and the new ones from Marcopolo, VanHool etc are not that high and highly practical in India, especially for mofusil use. These semi-lowfloor DDs wont be taller than our KPNs that ply with luggage on top. Only question is who is that first one? Tata-Marcopolo, show us one in next auto-expo.
teamveevee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 23:20   #625
Team-BHP Support

Ashley. Is that Bus safe.

The long overhang and the height. I am guessing the person sitting in the top row at the rear will be feeling quite sick during the journey.
The bus feels badly designed.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 14:24   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Wow, rare species Ashley. But what about it as a double decker. According to me, the next logical step for mofusil buses in India is Double Deckers. ..... Only question is who is that first one? Tata-Marcopolo, show us one in next auto-expo.
If Paradiso G7 takes of in a good manner they will definitely bring it sooner than we anticipate. Wishing it to happen.

But DD for a Mofussil is still a long journey as practical difficulties are more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Ashley. Is that Bus safe.

The long overhang and the height. I am guessing the person sitting in the top row at the rear will be feeling quite sick during the journey.
The bus feels badly designed.
I have nothing much to tell about safety as its only the fate drives the bus and not the poor driver.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 14:01   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Wow, rare species Ashley. But what about it as a double decker. According to me, the next logical step for mofusil buses in India is Double Deckers. ....
Hope you are not meaning these DD's.
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-p120112_08.05.jpg

Pic from Hyderabad.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:16   #628
BHPian

Private stage carriers of TN started using 12M Ashley buses for their regular operations. Recently one operator inducted it in their regular Pollachi-Palani route. Body is built by Hari Body builders, Karur. It is a 68 seater bus, whereas KeSRTC uses 60 seater configuration in their 12M FPs running in Coimbatore-Palakkad route. Later came to know that two operators already have 68 seaters running in Coimbatore-Palani and Coimbatore-Pollachi route.

It is powered by160HP Inline engine.

Earlier we used to have 55+2/57+2 seaters on 10.8M vikings, now we got 68 seater on 12M bus.

Once these stage carriers started seeing the benefits of 12Ms, then slowly all private operators will switch over to 12M AL or TML buses.

Name:  DSC_1939.jpg
Views: 8377
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  DSC_2026.jpg
Views: 4698
Size:  82.3 KB

Name:  DSC_2043.jpg
Views: 4968
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  DSC_2037.jpg
Views: 5750
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  DSC_2025.jpg
Views: 3785
Size:  81.1 KB

Last edited by dhandapanik : 19th January 2012 at 16:23.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 17:14   #629
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Nagpur - Hyderabad : Saini Travels

Quote:
Some inspiration from Neoplan Spaceliner!
I can see that almost all coaches are built by Sutlej, which I think is based in Punjab? Infact, In South India also they are seen.
Do the newly built Buses are actually driven down from Punjab?
deepclutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 18:07   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Private stage carriers of TN started using 12M Ashley buses for their regular operations. Recently one operator inducted it in their regular Pollachi-Palani route. Body is built by Hari Body builders, Karur. It is a 68 seater bus, whereas KeSRTC uses 60 seater configuration in their 12M FPs running in Coimbatore-Palakkad route. Later came to know that two operators already have 68 seaters running in Coimbatore-Palani and Coimbatore-Pollachi route.

It is powered by160HP Inline engine.
Incresed revenue is the prime KBF, for these products.
If used appropriately in proper route they will yield better revenue. In this case Covai - Pollachi - Palani is a hot route which always runs full and many times there are acute shortage of buses ( Sri Lakshmi also got its route extended from Palani - Pollachi to Palani - Covai few years back).

Quote:
Earlier we used to have 55+2/57+2 seaters on 10.8M vikings, now we got 68 seater on 12M bus.
Once these stage carriers started seeing the benefits of 12Ms, then slowly all private operators will switch over to 12M AL or TML buses.
Other regular Vikings are a mix of both 222" (10.86m) and 210"(10.37m). Its not possible to find out in regular view but takes time.
Also 210" Viking can't take 57 seater!