Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 23rd June 2012, 09:15   #721
Senior - BHPian

Spotted 3 brand new KSRTC Airavat Gold Class buses on Mysore road near Rajarajeshwari Arch. All of them were heading towards the city. I wonder why they were coming from Kengeri side. Are their bodies built there?
Attached Images

addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:07   #722
BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Spotted 3 brand new KSRTC Airavat Gold Class buses on Mysore road near Rajarajeshwari Arch. All of them were heading towards the city. I wonder why they were coming from Kengeri side. Are their bodies built there?
These seem to be North West Karnataka Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) buses. The 'gold class' I guess is equivalent to KSRTC's 'Club class'. They are currently operating these kind of multi-axle volvos on Hubli-Bangalore-Chennai and Hubli-Hyderabad sectors. May be there is an expansion of services on the cards and these buses are meant for that.
No idea why they would be coming from Kengeri side though.
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:26   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7

These seem to be North West Karnataka Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) buses. The 'gold class' I guess is equivalent to KSRTC's 'Club class'. They are currently operating these kind of multi-axle volvos on Hubli-Bangalore-Chennai and Hubli-Hyderabad sectors. May be there is an expansion of services on the cards and these buses are meant for that.
No idea why they would be coming from Kengeri side though.
Yep, they are NWKRTC buses. They were brand new. Even the registration was not done. I vaguely remember seeing one of the earlier Gold Class buses with KA 42 (or 41) registration, which means that these buses probably were also coming back after registration from Ramanagar or Kengeri. Not sure though

Edit: Just went through Binai's blog, his recent travel from Chennai to Bangalore was on a KA 42 registered NWKRTC Airavat Gold Class which was running on Chennai-Bangalore-Hubli route. So, I guess the buses I spotted were returning from Ramanagar after registration

Last edited by addyhemmige : 23rd June 2012 at 10:33.
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:22   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
These seem to be North West Karnataka Transport Corporation (NWKRTC) buses. The 'gold class' I guess is equivalent to KSRTC's 'Club class'.
A small correction: The "Gold" class is not equivalent to the "Club" Class. Gold Class has 53 seats (without calf support) while the Club Class has 47/49 seats (with calf support).

Quote:
Yep, they are NWKRTC buses. They were brand new. Even the registration was not done. I vaguely remember seeing one of the earlier Gold Class buses with KA 42 (or 41) registration, which means that these buses probably were also coming back after registration from Ramanagar or Kengeri. Not sure though
Of late, ALL NWKRTC buses are being registered with KA-42 marks. Looks like NWKRTC has started an office or something in Ramanagara area.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:36   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks

Of late, ALL NWKRTC buses are being registered with KA-42 marks. Looks like NWKRTC has started an office or something in Ramanagara area.
From what I remember, all KSRTC Volvo/Mercedes buses ate mostly registered in Bangalore (even NWKRTC). Now that they have a separate registration no for BMTC/KSRTC (KA 57) I had thought these buses would come under the same. I wonder why they are using KA 42.
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:39   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I remember, all KSRTC Volvo/Mercedes buses ate mostly registered in Bangalore (even NWKRTC). Now that they have a separate registration no for BMTC/KSRTC (KA 57) I had thought these buses would come under the same. I wonder why they are using KA 42.
The initial lot of Volvos for NWKRTC were registered in Hubli (KA-22). Later on, NWKRTC started getting older Airavats from KSRTC, and hence they bore KA-01 marks.

Now, Volvos of Mysore division are registered with KA-09 numbers, while the other divisions get KA-01/KA-57 (newer ones only KA-57).
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:27   #727
BHPian

Ktc has started their volvo multi axle service in Kannur-Trivandrum sector. Service starts at 8pm from Kannur and reach Tvm by 6AM via Ekm,Allpy. Return at 9Pm from Tvm and arrival at Knr by 630am. Tickets can be booked through www.ktcbus.com phone 9847545454
ontheroad is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 12:27   #728
BHPian

KTC to operate Volvo 9300 multi-axle in intra state long distance routes. This would be the first private Volvo to be operated within the state. I guess this si going to be a big boon for long distance travelers in Kerala.

Departs Trivandrum at 9.00 PM , EKM at 1.30 AM and Departs Kannur 8.30 PM, EKM at 2.30 AM.

Fare from TVM to Kannur INR 650, to Calicut INR 550 and to Ekm INR 400.

Fare from EKM to Calicut INR 400, to Kannur INR 450.

They are also starting from Kasargod to Tvm.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-2.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-7.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-8.jpg  

prmd_cochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 13:13   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
KTC to operate Volvo 9300 multi-axle in intra state long distance routes. This would be the first private Volvo to be operated within the state. I guess this si going to be a big boon for long distance travelers in Kerala.
They are not the first. Golden Travels Kannur has been operating a Volvo B9R from Kannur to Trivandrum since January this year. That bus leaves at 6.30pm from either places.

KTC has extended their bus to Kanhangad now. It runs Kanhangad-Trivandrum at present. They have taken delivery of Volvo 9100 - the first company to get a Volvo 9100!
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 19:27   #730
BHPian

9400 XL - multi-axle with 9L engine
9400 - single axle with 7L engine (9L option ?)
9100 - ?? whats different w.r.t above two ?
venkyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 21:24   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
9400 XL - multi-axle with 9L engine
9400 - single axle with 7L engine (9L option ?)
9100 - ?? whats different w.r.t above two ?
Volvo 7400, 8400, 9100 and 9400 are names given to volvo bus bodies. They can be built on an chassis as chosen by the purchaser.

As of now, 7400 is available only as 7400XL - which is a 14.5m long bus, with a 290hp, 7-litre engine mounted at the rear.

8400 is available with a 290hp, 7-litre diesel engine; as well as a 285hp, 9-litre CNG engine.

9400 is available with 290hp, 7-litre engine (12M); 340hp, 9-litre engine (12M two-axle and 13.8M three-axle) and 370hp, 11-litre engine (14.5M three axle).

9100 is a new product from Volvo - they call it as "Asia Bus" now. It is a product developed by Volvo for the asian market. This bus comes with a 240hp, 7-litre engine.
Old 5th August 2012, 22:55   #732
BHPian

A travel operator in Mumbai (Bhagirathi trans corpo) has purchased Tata Marcopolo low floor AC buses for intercity operations! I have never heard of such a thing before.

Saw one such bus today evening, but could not take a pic due to low light. The bus has been fitted with the reclining seats found in Intercity buses. It does not have rear door. That place is taken by an additional window which looks extremely weird as it is of a different size than the others. There seemed to be an emergency exit door at the location of rear door. The front door too was smaller than usual (two parts instead of 4). A small vertical fixed glass filled the space that was created due to the smaller door.

I found this extremely unusual. Why would any operator do this? The low floor Marcopolo has a pathetic suspension. I wonder what must be happening to the passengers inside.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 08:53   #733
BHPian

Has any of our Bhpians have used Hyderabad - Madurai services either in KPN or Kesineni? There are 2 services operated by both the operators I guess 1 each for Trivandrum and 2nd one to Madurai. The Trivandrum starts from hyderabad around 2.30PM while the Madurai service starts by around 5 pm. I would like to know tentative arrival time so that I can plan my day accordingly.

Any feedback on the services would be really appreciated.
venki.bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 09:01   #734
BHPian

According to a facebook update , KeSRTC has dispatched a Volvo low floor city bus to work the TVM BLR route yesterday evening since the regular Volvo B7 R was unavailable.

Here is the pic:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...82243525_o.jpg

-- Wind

Last edited by Wind : 6th August 2012 at 09:03. Reason: added link to pic
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 12:15   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Madurai service starts by around 5 pm. I would like to know tentative arrival time so that I can plan my day accordingly.

Any feedback on the services would be really appreciated.

My brother traveled in the Madurai service Kesineni travels about 2months back.
It started from Gachibowli around 4.20pm.
He traveled upto Karur in this bus and we were expecting him to arrive by around 6am.
To our surprise was was dropped at Karur bypass around 4.50am and he was struggling to get any transport to go into the city.
From Karur it might be 2.30hrs to Madurai you can plan accordingly.

Last edited by gajadonga : 6th August 2012 at 12:16.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote