Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 25th April 2014, 09:48   #871
BHPian

Default Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Some more pictures of KSRTC Multi axle volvos when they were heading home..

Image copyright: Ram of SSC.

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-14017247133_921504b3a6_b.jpg

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-13994078091_f49c73fdec_b.jpg

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-14017243703_90d9d3470a_b.jpg

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-13997243665_964f881177_b.jpg

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-14017234673_c0040cb491_b.jpg
dhandapanik is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 12:08   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Some more pictures of KSRTC Multi axle volvos when they were heading home..

Image copyright: Ram of SSC.

Attachment 1234109

Attachment 1234110

Attachment 1234111

Attachment 1234112

Attachment 1234113
And the driver is wearing a seat belt!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 15:16   #873
Senior - BHPian

Does the KSRTC plan to continue the same brand name Garuda for these multi-axle Volvos also? Though it was KSRTC that started using the name 'Garuda', it's the APSRTC that's running a higher number of Volvo and Merc buses in this name now.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 22:27   #874
Senior - BHPian

Post Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

An Old photo of Prakash Motors Bus. Prakash Motors is a famous and was a major operator in Idukki district of Kerala state.
Prakash motors buses, livery is similar to old KSRTC Fast passenger buses. Most of the buses in Muvattupuzha-Thodupuzha route was operated by them owning around 64 buses during their prime. The Owner, Prakash Krishnan Nair expired yesterday.
http://digitalpaper.mathrubhumi.com/c/3322727
Attached Images

Last edited by deepclutch : 14th August 2014 at 22:30.
deepclutch is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 15:52   #875
Senior - BHPian

A quick gentlemen. For the private inter-state buses coming in from Hyderabad what would be the most convenient stop to get down at? Is it at Anand Rao Circle or at Kalasipalayam? I stay in South Eastern Bangalore. And I don't think Hyderabad originating buses come all the way to Madiwala to drop passengers. The private bus operator is Kesineni.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2014, 19:32   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
A quick gentlemen. For the private inter-state buses coming in from Hyderabad what would be the most convenient stop to get down at? Is it at Anand Rao Circle or at Kalasipalayam? I stay in South Eastern Bangalore. And I don't think Hyderabad originating buses come all the way to Madiwala to drop passengers. The private bus operator is Kesineni.
Some buses of Kesineni do drop passengers at Madiwala. Where exactly is your destination? If it is towards Jayanagar/Hosur/Bannerghatta Routes, then I'd suggest getting off at Corporation Circle.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 10:42   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Some buses of Kesineni do drop passengers at Madiwala. Where exactly is your destination? If it is towards Jayanagar/Hosur/Bannerghatta Routes, then I'd suggest getting off at Corporation Circle.
Mine would be towards Hosur. But do the buses coming from HYD go through Corporation circle? Another point I need to consider is that I need to arrange for a taxi to pick me up. So if it is a more popular bus stop (or office), it would be easy for me to guide the driver.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 10:53   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine would be towards Hosur. But do the buses coming from HYD go through Corporation circle? Another point I need to consider is that I need to arrange for a taxi to pick me up. So if it is a more popular bus stop (or office), it would be easy for me to guide the driver.
If its Hosur road, get down at Corporation circle and take a Volvo (route 356/360) which goes to E.city/Attibelle.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 22:03   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do come to Corporation Circle.. they follow the route: Anand Rao Circle -> KR Circle -> Nrupatunga Road -> Hudson Circle -> Corporation -> Town Hall -> Kalasipalya

Some services of Kesineni come to Madiwala from Anand Rao Circle. If you intend to book a cab, Anand Rao Circle would be preferred as a better pick-up point. Just get off there and tell a nearby landmark to the cab driver - generally all these buses drop you right outside the old JD(S) HQ.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 14:29   #880
BHPian

Did a quick run to Mantralayam over the weekend, used the multi axle volvo of KaSRTC both ways. Nothing to complain except that the onwards ( BLR- Mantralayam) bus was rattling once we took the diversion of the NH. Timings were spot on and all the interior lights, power outlets, AC knobs worked.

Got the seats 23, 24 on the emergency door exit row which are great for tall passengers like me .
mazda4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 13:57   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold class View Post
New 4 AC Sleepers of Kerala Lines Getting Final Touches !!! This will operate in Bangalore-Pala-Adoor and Bangalore-Ernakulam-Kottayam route,Starting 30th Sep.
Are these buses leased to Kerala Lines? I see something like "Siddaganga" on the front windshield of one of the buses.

And I wonder why all these Volvo-esque bodies completely ignore the ventilation requirements of FE buses? Every such bus built by SMK is seen running with the panel above the small grill area, lifted up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Is it based on AL Viking Chassis? the GC looks low for a Viking or is the camera making the image look compressed?
It does appear to be a Viking chassis. The wheel base, overhangs, steering wheel all point to Viking. I guess it's the lighting playing tricks with the GC.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 06:11   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Are these buses leased to Kerala Lines? I see something like "Siddaganga" on the front windshield of one of the buses.
Yes.Out of 6 sleepers,4 are leased out from Siddaganga along with I Shift Multi Axle.
gold class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 11:06   #883
BHPian

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_4810.jpg

MSRTC's parivartan bus returns to its base depot Malkapur after working Belgaum - Vishalgad service. Vishalgad is a fort of historical importance in Kolhapur district.
AkMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 14:17   #884
BHPian

A Pondicherry(Karaikal RTO) registered bus of TNSTC-Kumbakonam. It belongs to Karaikal depot of TNSTC-Kumbakonam(Nagapattinam region) and runs in Chidambaram-Nagapattinam route via Karaikal. TNSTUs has interstate depots at Pondicherry, Karaikal and Trivandrum and this is something special because the registration itself is done based on the depot location. There are some more buses registered in Pondicherry.

Image copyright: Arun(TNSTCBlog)
Name:  15943220135_a1edfa72d6_c.jpg
Views: 2694
Size:  186.4 KB

Name:  15755936480_3d084c07ac_c.jpg
Views: 2652
Size:  173.1 KB
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 14:37   #885
BHPian

I need to travel back from Gulbarga to Hyderabad on 10-May evening anytime after 3:30 pm with my son (going to Gulbarga for him to write COMEDK entrance exam). I could find KSRTC Sarige buses as the only option at this time as the better options (AC Buses?) are not available in the evening.

Do we have any other options? Look forward to inputs.

Last edited by civic-dk : 27th April 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Needed to add some more details.
civic-dk is offline   Reply With Quote