Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
do you know who takes care of passenger safety aspects and is it done by Ashok Ley while building the chasis or prakash(while building the body)
is there a crumple zone in bus chasis or body?

-MUKE
AL cannot take care of the safety aspects when the body is not built by them as in our case.

it is prakash's responsibility. when i enquired about seatbelts, they were amused & questioned me "do you think bus drivers will wear them even if we get them fitted for you?". i obviously dint have an answer! thank god i dint ask about airbags!

no seatbelts are provided by prakash & we cant really blame them as they make/sell what the customer needs & i can guarantee that nobody would have asked about seatbelts before me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I too was suprised at the odd number of wheels. Its still six whether you have a spare or not. Same as how cars are four wheelers.

Anyway, very cool ownership report! I will be following this thread for sure.
i know buddy. but if i would have written 6 wheels, you could have easily understood its a bus! then whats the point of having a question mark in the end of the title?!!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:25   #17
BHPian
 
gomzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 783
Thanked: 125 Times
Default

Raj, this is an interesting and very nice Initial ownership report!

Are these busses going to be run down south only? Any chance of them making their way up to Mumbai/Thane?


Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
max power: 84 KS @ 2400 RPM
max torque: 410 NM @ 1700-1800 RPM
Is that 84 PS? even though the engine torque figure is tremendous, I thought the power would be a bit higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
this thread will be my ownership experience of the buses! hope the mods wont mind.
Looking forward to more of this unique ownership thread and experience.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:29   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Raj, this is an interesting and very nice Initial ownership report!
thanks mate.

Quote:
Are these busses going to be run down south only? Any chance of them making their way up to Mumbai/Thane?
most probably it will run in south only until someone is crazy enough to hire this bus for a kerela-mumbai trip!

Quote:
Is that 84 PS? even though the engine torque figure is tremendous, I thought the power would be a bit higher.
very sorry. its actually 84kW.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 14:51   #19
BHPian
 
ariendj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 503
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

a very intresting ownership thread.always kept me guessing how buying a 6 wheeler or more would be..
now its the wait for the 17th to see the finished product and surely the interiors.

guess someday i might see it transversing through kerala!!
where are you based in the state?
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 15:07   #20
BHPian
 
Off Roadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 280
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Hey Raj,
Firstly my heartiest congratulations to you and i hope your business venture performs well. i have always fancied driving a truck or bust just to get the feel now i know which door to knock =P.
to be honest my initial impression was that you may ave purchased an army stallion or something to go off road hehe but this is good and makes sense and money.
All the best once again and i will be reading this to know more about this field.
Rohan
Off Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 15:22   #21
BHPian
 
SanScorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 118
Thanked: 13 Times
Default congrats...

Hey congrats,
14 wheels at a go, thats a big buy!!

any chance of putting in alloys??
SanScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 16:16   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
a very intresting ownership thread.always kept me guessing how buying a 6 wheeler or more would be..
now its the wait for the 17th to see the finished product and surely the interiors.

guess someday i might see it transversing through kerala!!
where are you based in the state?
we are based in allepey & ernakulam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Hey Raj,
Firstly my heartiest congratulations to you and i hope your business venture performs well. i have always fancied driving a truck or bust just to get the feel now i know which door to knock =P.
to be honest my initial impression was that you may ave purchased an army stallion or something to go off road hehe but this is good and makes sense and money.
All the best once again and i will be reading this to know more about this field.
Rohan
thanks a lot mate. i'll update this thread for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Hey congrats,
14 wheels at a go, thats a big buy!!

any chance of putting in alloys??
yea, how about some chrome alloys with low profile tyres with underbody neons & K&N filter?

also i'll ask AL for performance enhancement chips & projector lights!

raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 16:35   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 944 Times
Default

Hi Raj,

Congratulations!! Good write up, waiting to see the full detailed pics of both interior and exteriors.

Great show pal.
getsurya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 17:05   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Raj,

Congratulations!! Good write up, waiting to see the full detailed pics of both interior and exteriors.

Great show pal.
thanks buddy. pics will be uploaded ASAP.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 17:58   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 24
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

this report sure brought that smile! Nice write up.. can feel your passion and attachment Raj. It's just not a 'vehicle' but an integral part of your life. Thanks for sharing.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 20:00   #26
BHPian
 
pugram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 271
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

I have heard a corporation employee (TNSTC, Tamilnadu) quoting mileage figures of 6 ~ 10 for a bus, based on city or mofussil duty. Any idea if this can be true ?

I am thinking of joining a heavy driving school, just for the heck of driving a bus :-).
pugram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 20:14   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
this report sure brought that smile! Nice write up.. can feel your passion and attachment Raj. It's just not a 'vehicle' but an integral part of your life. Thanks for sharing.
thanks buddy.

and for the part marked in bold, you got it spot on. these buses are not just a way of minting money for me. after all, we all are automobile freaks & i love this new possession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
I have heard a corporation employee (TNSTC, Tamilnadu) quoting mileage figures of 6 ~ 10 for a bus, based on city or mofussil duty. Any idea if this can be true ?

I am thinking of joining a heavy driving school, just for the heck of driving a bus :-).
since i have been getting strange figures, i will quote the FE figures after my bus starts running.

by the way, 6-10 kmpl sounds highly unlikely. my 120 bhp, 1800 kg scorpio gives 10 kmpl! a V6 accord gives 6 kmpl!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 20:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Zimbly kicka$$$, Me likes.

Now be careful - TBHPians will post pics of your bus whenever it overspeeds
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 20:45   #29
BHPian
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

We get free rides, don't we?
Nice wheels raj! Reminds of my Midtown Madness playing days. Had fun with city buses. Hope you don't do that. lol!
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:00   #30
BHPian
 
PM - B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 182
Thanked: 277 Times
Default

Way to go man, I have driven a completely sand laden truck in the small streets of Dharwad, Karnataka. Of course it was only for ~ 18 odd kms.
But the feeling is awesome.
Congrats on your buy, Happy Times to you.
PM - B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 Honda Accord 4 cyl idling issues! aditya.86 Technical Stuff 10 21st June 2011 20:32
Hyundai's new Kappa 1.0, 3-cyl engine: Will it come to India? Mpower The Indian Car Scene 4 25th January 2011 22:18
Hyundai i10 facelift EDIT: Pic on Page 7, Brochure on page 18 Simhi The Indian Car Scene 451 21st December 2010 16:05
Ambassador with a 4.5 Liter, 6 cyl FORD engine!! n_aditya Modifications & Accessories 70 7th November 2009 08:07
A New type of engine -> NEVIS Engine, 2x Fuel Economy, 2 Stroke 2 Cyl 1000 cc 250hp 1Day Technical Stuff 16 2nd January 2009 18:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks