Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2010, 20:55   #1
BHPian

Exclamation SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing

The guys at Motoroids have caught the Tata's EECO killer,while testing on Mumbai-Pune Highway. Venture is powered by 71 bhp diesel engine.
Here is the link to video :

Source : Motoroids.com - Motoroids.com
Old 10th March 2010, 20:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

They might as well have removed the camo and driven the van without the tarpaulin cover!
(OT:And as expected, the person driving the van swerves in and out of lanes and either the indicators are not seen, or aren't being used!).
Old 10th March 2010, 21:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

The front portion reminds me of ACE.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:38   #4
BHPian

Lightbulb What is tata testing?

People here must be familiar with the tata motors Aria convoy or the new safari convoy,which consisted of a disguised aria/safari with two accompanying vehicles (usually Vista/nano/safari).Nowadays the I still spot the convoy as it stops for a breather in my colony but now it consists of two vistas and a manza.. I've been observing this for a week now.No aria/Safari is present,is tata testing out a new engine?
Old 10th March 2010, 22:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
!
(OT:And as expected, the person driving the van swerves in and out of lanes and either the indicators are not seen, or aren't being used!).
Real time simulation - what do you expect?
Old 10th March 2010, 23:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Man, this stuff looks so dangerous! Driving without any rear-view & endangering own as well as others lives! The guy is driving like a serpent!
Old 10th March 2010, 23:23   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Man, this stuff looks so dangerous! Driving without any rear-view & endangering own as well as others lives! The guy is driving like a serpent!
These drivers are specially trained driver and so we need notworry but at the same time they should consider other road users who might be new to driving and driver with responsibility .
Old 11th March 2010, 02:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Whats the use of camouflaging the Venture after it was revealed for all to see at the Auto Expo, or am I missing something here!!!
Old 11th March 2010, 14:59   #9
BHPian

I think Venture will fair well and give a stiff competition to the EECO, as it's a got torquier Diesel engine, which will also be fuel efficient
Old 11th March 2010, 16:21   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
? He did it just once. Watch the way he keeps to the left side of the line. He is driving ok IMHO.

Thing looks very Daewoo.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:26   #11
BHPian

The Venture will create a new segment in the MUV territory in India if TML does not go the Maruti way and provides AC, power steering and hopefully ABS on it for the 6 to 8 seating version. It enjoys the small car excise cuts (thanks to the less than 4m length and the less than 1.5 l diesel) and that will help Tata in pricing it with the B segment hatches.
It might just be the Tata Nano for the Indian Joint Families.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:40   #12
BHPian

This video reminded me of this game called crazy taxi which was a rage some years ago!
As per shortbread, if the vehicle is officially unveiled why on earth are they camouflaging it? Any idea on the engine specifications on this one yet?
Old 11th March 2010, 16:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Real time simulation - what do you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Whats the use of camouflaging the Venture after it was revealed for all to see at the Auto Expo, or am I missing something here!!!
I don't know how much press coverage the Venture received after it was revealed, but the general public is hardly concerned about what happens in the Auto Expo. So, the Venture still needs to be hidden before launch. Otherwise, it will be termed outdated by the time it's up for sale.

On a side note - though the rag used to cover it up looks old as hell, I must say it looks pretty cool flying all over the place, somewhat similar to a guy on a motorcycle with an unzipped jacket. Like it's going really fast or something.

Last edited by tacho : 11th March 2010 at 16:45.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:43   #14
BHPian

Great update on the new vehicle. Seems like it was a hot chase.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Riding a bike an dtaking video is definitely more dangerous than the way Venture was being driven.

Looks like TATA wants to conquer every segment of automobile market.
Closed Thread