Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 11th January 2011, 09:00   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Rashly Driven Private Buses

I think this video will be of relevance to this thread.

sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 09:30   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
I think this video will be of relevance to this thread.
If that guy isn't already working for KSRTC (Kerala), he's highly qualified for it . What speed was he doing?
SafeDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 09:47   #138
BHPian

^^ It is not my video, yanked it off from youtube.
I feel he is reaching a peak of 85-90 kmph and slowing down when there is traffic DIRECTLY ahead of it to traffic speed +10%.

This is a Sophiya Lines Volvo, Bangalore Trivandrum route.

Don't kill me for saying this, but on NH17 during daytime, one would be hard pressed to drive hard if he/she wants to make any kind of time. The road is a narrow two laner with continuous small car/bike/auto/ bullock cart traffic. One would not get a grammatically correct overtaking opportunity for 10-15 kilometers at a stretch and will be stuck behind an auto laden with 5 passengers. Hence, forceful overtaking and lane clipping is kind of unavoidable.

I observed that the Volvo buses do not bother much about left or right while driving. They drive bang in the middle of the road, with a slight bias towards on coming traffic. Whoever coming from the opposite has to pull to their extreme left to avoid a bruise.

Anybody knows from where could I buy those horns. Kicks the backside of Skoda windtone etcetera with aplomb.
sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 17:39   #139
BHPian

Wtch till the end

prmd_cochin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 17:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

prmd_cochin, this video has been posted here. It should've been posted in this thread, IMO. Scary in one word
silversteed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 07:41   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Wtch till the end
Was that intentional or accidental ? I think these drivers are so skilled that they can control the buses like that.. But anyway scary.. sad thing is that you can still be at risk walking through the road side, let alone travelling in that thing.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 18:33   #142
BHPian

Move back Hamilton...

prmd_cochin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 19:05   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Move back Hamilton...
You should see what happens on flatter roads. Overtaking in blind corners, when a vehicle is there in the opposite lane and so on.

P.S. - The guy driving the car ain't exactly practicing safe driving too.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th July 2011 at 19:22. Reason: Video quote removed for the benefit of mobile users.
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 13:06   #144
BHPian

Here is another Story from Mavelikkara. Kayamkulam Triuvalla SH 6 is dominated by rashly driven private buses, KSRTC Venads and FPs.
Reghumon KL 04 U 8182, a bus working on KYLM TVLA route hit at the back of Rajaram[ex Moncy] a bus working on KYLM CGNR route. 4 people were injured.
Rajaram bus was at the Chettikulangara Temple bus stop picking passengers, Reghumon was rushing to Mavelikara to start their trip hit at the back of Rajaram. Both buses moved forward 10 meters due to the impact.

PIC 1 is Reghumon Bus KL 04 U 8182 KYLM TVLA
PIC 2 is Rajaram KYLM CGNR
Attached Thumbnails
Rashly Driven Private Buses-dsc00039.jpg  

Rashly Driven Private Buses-dsc00042.jpg  

ranjithrnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 14:20   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Here is another Story from Mavelikkara
I've always wondered why such a thing isn't happening in that area. There are quite a few private buses driven rash - one particular bus from Nelson Motors, which used to reach Chengannur at around 9 o'clock was almost always driven rash. It was a rather old Leyland but somehow felt like it had quite a few horses under the hood, and the driver would rip like crazy, even with many people, mostly students from the Chengannur ITC, hanging from the rear door. The winding corners at Pennukkara area and the Y junction where the CGNR-MVKA road joins the MC road are always dangerous.

Reghumon had a Leyland bus earlier, this one looks new.
silversteed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 16:42   #146
Senior - BHPian

Recently ,was on a KSRTC day service B7R from Bangalore to Mangalore.As i was sitting right behind the driver I could hear his conversations with another driver who was supposed to take over from mid-way ( hassan).

This driver was driving very slow and was exceeding 70 kph .I was very impressed with his driving style as he never exceeded 70kph inspite of the other driver mocking him when HH bikes were overataking our bus.

At Hassan,I was curious and asked this driver abt the FE that he gets when driving at those speeds.The answer was very interesting .He said he was bashed up 2 times on his previous drive from Mangalore to Bangalore .

The first time was when a trucker waved him ahead on a blind corner only to find a small car bang in front of him .All he could do is accelerate in the hope that he would cross the truck before the car crashes into the bus .It seems the car driver just moved wide down the road and thats how they were saved.But later on ,the car driver took a u turn and overtook the bus and blocked his way only to beat him and the conductor black and blue .

That is when ,one of the passengers ,who was supposedly watching all this enfold joined the party.

The driver said ,henceforth ,no matter what ,he wouldnt trust a trucker unless he could see the road ahead and that he would never speed beyond 70 kph

All i want to say is that even though this might be about taking the law in your hands ,its time passengers and other road users try to bring some sense into errant drivers .After all ,its your own lives !!
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 17:10   #147
Senior - BHPian

Had a narrow escape from a very rashly driven KK menon during a trip to palakkad last Saturday. We were going toward Palakkad and after mannuthy, a KK menon coming from opposite direction decided to overtake few cars in front of him, forcing me to almost completely go off the road - I some how sensed the intent of the driver and instead of breaking, took my car to extreme left side and narrowly avoided the bus - I am sure if I had braked, the bus would have hit my vista for sure.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 17:29   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
All i want to say is that even though this might be about taking the law in your hands ,its time passengers and other road users try to bring some sense into errant drivers .After all ,its your own lives !!
I remember reading in the papers, once, a KSRTC (Kerala) driver was found DUI on an inter-city route, and some of the passengers who found this when the bus entered the next depot, handed him over to the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Had a narrow escape from a very rashly driven KK menon during a trip to palakkad last Saturday.
Watch out for these buses - they are reckless, if not anything else - Anandaraj, Gijo, KK Menon (used to have some sensible drivers, but not anymore)...
silversteed is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 17:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Earlier ,I used to take a U turn and overtake the bus and test my brakes in front of the bus .But I soon realised that I trying to teach the driver a lesson or two on proper driving ,I might endanger the passenger's lives ...and even mine ( what if the driver doesnt brake !!)

All buses should have CCTV cameras installed in them .This will track and record everything .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 20:44   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Had a narrow escape from a very rashly driven KK menon during a trip to palakkad last Saturday. We were going toward Palakkad and after mannuthy, a KK menon coming from opposite direction decided to overtake few cars in front of him, forcing me to almost completely go off the road -
I thought that is the rule of the road in NHs in Kerala. Small guys always give way to the big ones. But normally in this situations the big guy will turn on his head lights. This is regular thing, not an exception.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote