Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 9th July 2010, 11:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

okay, if you are talking only about the driver's seat, then i dint get it changed. spoke to my drivers & they are fine with that seat.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 11:29   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ugly is what I would say !!
Just look at the drivers seat ...its as if ALL is doing a favour on the driver by providing a seat !!

Also ,the GC looks scary ...with a full load ,this bus would scrape through all the speed breakers and potholes.

Last edited by speedsatya : 9th July 2010 at 11:30.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 12:12   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

@Satya, Raj's drivers seem fine with that seat. Though I agree it could have been better.

The GC is standard I think - TVS wouldnt make a mistake on that front.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 12:45   #49
BHPian

Ashley! Did you check out the Luggage space. Looking at the ground clearence, this one looks to have more space between the floorboard and the undercarriage. I believe Luggage would be the bread and butter for all these operators and TVS has sacrificed the GC as the roads on NH are going to be good which makes it attractive for the operators. Would love to see a RE, monocoque chassis from them to challenge Volvo, rebranded as IRIZAR so that operator can charge a premium to offset the higher cost.
DWind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 21:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Ashley! Did you check out the Luggage space. Looking at the ground clearence, this one looks to have more space between the floorboard and the undercarriage. I believe Luggage would be the bread and butter for all these operators and TVS has sacrificed the GC as the roads on NH are going to be good which makes it attractive for the operators. Would love to see a RE, monocoque chassis from them to challenge Volvo, rebranded as IRIZAR so that operator can charge a premium to offset the higher cost.
There are high chances that there could be a luggage space. I remember it was told there is a luggage space upto 8 Cu.m during the product launch. But anyway I have not checked that
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 22:10   #51
BHPian

I believe the subject bus is nothing but a combination of "branded body (iT09)" on a regular AL Viking222"WB chassis. So compare it with the likes from Prakash / Veera / Tata Globus1616 etc.

Other than the AL Luxura, the only product that was offered by IrizarTVS comparable to Volvo was the AL LIMO FE/RE.

The driver seat in this one is one of the best for a non A/c bus. It offers more comfort than a cushioned seat....during long drives. But for an A/c bus things would be different...!
The driver seat in an AL 12M high-end version offers all the features that one can find in any Indian Volvo.
Transsenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 22:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

it09 looks like a luxzury town bus from out side.

I will not complain the paint choice as it is decided by the owner and such kind of colours will pull crown in small towns.

But AL should really think of the driver comfort,Poor fellows some even drive 10-15 hrs non stop and There are some people complaining of backpain ,tiredness for just 50-100 kms driving with all those AC and good seats in cars
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 00:29   #53
nbr
BHPian

Exclamation Looks fully loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Ugly is what I would say !!
Just look at the drivers seat ...its as if ALL is doing a favour on the driver by providing a seat !!

Also ,the GC looks scary ...with a full load ,this bus would scrape through all the speed breakers and potholes.

The bus looks already fully loaded with parcel ( cargo service provided illegally by bus operators),could be on the top and in their luggage compartments. If you notice, the Ground clearence in the front looks okay and at the back ,its looks fully loaded

The bus operators will be happy since nobody can see the parcel being loaded in the bus.
nbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 16:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Here's more from the Net
Attached Images

TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 17:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

the interiors look nice, classy & airy.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 21:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

From what I see in the pictures, I think the BUS comes in different trim levels. Maybe the body shell is standard and things like the paint and interiors can be customised as per requirement.
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
The bus looks already fully loaded with parcel ( cargo service provided illegally by bus operators),
yeah thats my guess ...the rear overhang looks too low ...some speedbreakers and diversions on our NHs will ensure that this overhang is corrected
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 14:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

I saw this bus the other day at Koyambedu bus stand, the bus certainly looks quite aggressive in flesh as compared to the pics. The interiors looked decent as well.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 19:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
To add to what agspins said, no manufacturer other than Volvo has designed a proper, ergonomic adjustable driver's seat. This is a major cause of driver fatigue on all buses. How much would it cost to add a good automobile seat? Less than 1% of the vehicle cost I presume.
Disagree there. Tata had designed, to use your words "a proper, ergonomic adjustable driver's seat" way back in 1970s. It was called TATA EASYRIDE. It was available as an optional feature. It had various adjustments and quality was decent. I remember having seen many Haryana Roadways buses fitted with that seat.
directinjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2010, 19:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Disagree there. Tata had designed, to use your words "a proper, ergonomic adjustable driver's seat" way back in 1970s. It was called TATA EASYRIDE. It was available as an optional feature. It had various adjustments and quality was decent. I remember having seen many Haryana Roadways buses fitted with that seat.
True; have seen several such seats in KL, and those was replaced with ones like we see in the pic pretty soon.

HCV drivers spend long hours on the seat. About 10 minutes from before the trip starts to upto 1 hour after the trip ends. And more than 1/3 of breaks are spent on the seat. Any other material will result in discomfort.for the driver.

At work, I have the option getting a full fledged, foamed fuill backed "executive chair". I prefer the wired ones since the office is not a/c, and the fan may not work always.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote