Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 13th March 2011, 22:52   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
One small suggestion : I know it costs..but if you add alloy wheel sets in this design, it sure will rock!!

They make alloy wheels for buses?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 14:09   #302
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Congrats,the bus looks awesome from outside, really liked the classic look.
If you had selected the seats with some darler shade, it would have been very nive, IMHO.
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:50   #303
BHPian

Congrats on the new bus. It looks really good. Can u pls tell us the top speed you've clocked with the AC running on this bus. Also since your earlier buses(114 HP) have done long trips, can u disclose the actual top speed attained on those.
As i understand, the ALL AC chassis will have a min 177 HP on tap and even with the AC running, the vehicle should have at least 140 BHP at its disposal which is higher than your earlier ones.
Also do u have any info on BS IV Bus Chassis available from ALL.

In a lighter vein, Does the new Bus suffer from a slight 'Mohanlal syndrome'. It looked slightly leaning to a side in one photograph where it was sandwitched between the other two. Hope it's the camera angle or uneven surface.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 17:52   #304
Senior - BHPian

@raj_5004

Thanks for posting the pics. I liked the livery, though I had initially suggested going ahead with the same livery as your non-AC buses.

Could you post some more pics -
1. Driver cabin - perhaps shot from in front of the door to the passenger cabin, or from behind the driver seat.
2. The underside of the hat-racks, to show the AC vents and reading lamps (if any)
3. Rear profile of the bus
4. If possible, a night shot of the exteriors, with all the lights on

Now the million dollar question from an Indian - mileage ethrayaa chettaa? ;-)
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 21:21   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
@ Raj, Congrats and Good luck.
The gray one looks the best. Though the seats look great, the material looks slippery. Will it 'hold' the passenger when fully reclined?
Can the center arm rest be fully reclined as the seats or is it fixed?
How about providing seat belt to the middle seat in the last row which will save the passenger from being thrown down to the passage in case of hard breaking.
The seats are not at all slippery. The fabric is better than the normal ones.

The armrest can be fully reclined.

Quote:
One small suggestion : I know it costs..but if you add alloy wheel sets in this design, it sure will rock!!
Alloys for a bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Classy looks, Raj. Just love it. Though the interior seems at times to be dull. I have to say though, those Vectra seats do look inviting.

Hope this bus succeeds! Good Luck.
Thanks a lot buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Hi Raj,

Congrats,the bus looks awesome from outside, really liked the classic look.
If you had selected the seats with some darler shade, it would have been very nive, IMHO.
I thought a darker shade would have made the interiors look gloomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Congrats on the new bus. It looks really good. Can u pls tell us the top speed you've clocked with the AC running on this bus. Also since your earlier buses(114 HP) have done long trips, can u disclose the actual top speed attained on those.
As i understand, the ALL AC chassis will have a min 177 HP on tap and even with the AC running, the vehicle should have at least 140 BHP at its disposal which is higher than your earlier ones.
Top sped achieved in the 114 HP non-AC buses is around 90 kmph. The AC bus has not been pushed so hard till now.

Quote:
In a lighter vein, Does the new Bus suffer from a slight 'Mohanlal syndrome'. It looked slightly leaning to a side in one photograph where it was sandwitched between the other two. Hope it's the camera angle or uneven surface.
Gosh! I will get that checked. I hope there is nothing like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
@raj_5004

Thanks for posting the pics. I liked the livery, though I had initially suggested going ahead with the same livery as your non-AC buses.
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Could you post some more pics -
1. Driver cabin - perhaps shot from in front of the door to the passenger cabin, or from behind the driver seat.
2. The underside of the hat-racks, to show the AC vents and reading lamps (if any)
3. Rear profile of the bus
4. If possible, a night shot of the exteriors, with all the lights on
I have not yet seen the bus!

I will ask someone to take the pics.

Quote:
Now the million dollar question from an Indian - mileage ethrayaa chettaa? ;-)
Now, we are getting around 3 kmpl with AC.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 21:49   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Alloys for a bus!
Oh yes! IIRC, Wheels India is making "Alloy wheels" for buses. The wheels would look exactly like your current set of wheels, except for the fact that they'd be silver in colour, and would give a different look to the bus.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 02:54   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Oh yes! IIRC, Wheels India is making "Alloy wheels" for buses. The wheels would look exactly like your current set of wheels, except for the fact that they'd be silver in colour, and would give a different look to the bus.
Binaiks, you where right. Wheels India make customized alloy wheels. Parveen travels B7R(mark iii)which used to operate in EKM-CHN sector had alloy wheels.Only one bus had alloy wheel and other had company built one. It was used for testing purpose.
gold class is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 06:59   #308
BHPian

Yes that was what i intended.But those sets are costly for sure. But you can go for those found in these pictures. These sets are additional fitments and they are also a kind of alloys if i am right. Sorry for poor quality pics but doesn't these look much better than normal wheels or those with wheel caps?
Attached Thumbnails
An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-photo0016.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-photo0103.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-photo0386.jpg  

urzdeepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 08:23   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that was what i intended.But those sets are costly for sure. But you can go for those found in these pictures. These sets are additional fitments and they are also a kind of alloys if i am right. Sorry for poor quality pics but doesn't these look much better than normal wheels or those with wheel caps?
Those are the factory fitted wheels when your chassis ends up with radials IIRC. I think Raj wasn't lucky to get the radial tires.
smashnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 11:47   #310
BHPian

Those wheels are not alloys, unlike the conventional rims for HTV's its a pressed discs like the ones you find on volvos, AFAIK going forward all HTV's will have similar pressed disc wheels.

Quote:
Those are the factory fitted wheels when your chassis ends up with radials IIRC. I think Raj wasn't lucky to get the radial tires.
Those wheels are not alloys, unlike the conventional rims for HTV's its a pressed discs like the ones you find on volvos, AFAIK going forward all HTV's will have similar pressed disc wheels.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th August 2011 at 14:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use edit option if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks
abhilash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 11:57   #311
Senior - BHPian

Those wheels are the newer single piece wheels, like the ones you find on cars, ie ones without the locking ring mechanism. It will become the norm in a few years.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 12:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Why those fake Audi logo at front above grill? IMHO it does not look good. Try to get something new or innovative
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 21:03   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even thought we ordered for Radials, we dint get them as they were not in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Why those fake Audi logo at front above grill? IMHO it does not look good. Try to get something new or innovative
That, i think, is Prakash's new logo. they fix it on every new buses.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 22:10   #314
Senior - BHPian

uzrdeepu - thanks for bringing up the topic; and my apologies. And thnaks to others who have clarified.

So, how do they propose the tyres off the wheels? HTV tyres have very stiff - almost solid edges (where they fit the rim), and prising them off the wheel like the way we do on the cars is next to ...... (hmmm... nothing is really impossible, right?)
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 06:49   #315
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Thank you for sharing the pictures. (I was trying to put this post earlier, but some IE 9 issue with site today only team-bhp support informed me to use some other browser and it worked for me)

What is the KM charge in Kerala for A/C buses. How is the pulling in steep roads with A/C on.
anumod is offline   Reply With Quote