Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 25th September 2010, 12:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Rs 72500000/150 vehicles = Rs 483333; So does a Getaway cost only 4.83 Lakhs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Precisely my calculation Argee.
If they have been given at a cost of 4.8 lacs, I think it is a good deal since the cost is almost at par with the Bolero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Gov't purchases are done on DGS&D Rate Contract which are devoid of excise duty and sales tax. Those are added extra. So please add 16% ED (IIRC) and 12% ST. So the landed cost is actually 6.23L. Now thats not bad either consider each vehicle is retrofitted with GPS and other gizmos.
what will be cost of bolero without excise duty and sales tax?
its a good move by mahindra & wrong move by police.
jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 00:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its not that much difference in price in DGS&D. Its about 80 thousand less in case of vehicle.

Best part of DGS&D is that even if the market price increase by any means, they have to supply the vehcile in same rate that was quoted.

DGS&D works best in Computer field. for obvious reason. We supply outdated stuff at great prices.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 00:18   #18
BANNED

apologies for posting a similar thread in "indian cars scene".

i think its a good move by PP and MM. it will be kind of indirect marketing for the non started getaway to sell in north india.

im sure PP got a good price for those MGs from MM.

i remember in the troubled times in Punjab, the PP used swaraj Mazda 3 ton pick-ups for its force. they had few TATA pick-ups too.

PP has a good experience of using commercial vehicles for security purpose. im sure PP was the first police force in india to use an armoured tractor to hunt down bad guys in sugarcane fields!

here is one more inspiration from The Land of Five Rivers (i guess this is also a first in India)!

front radial tyres with chrome alloy wheels. after working hard in the fields, it goes for on road ride!

Chamak Chalo (its written in punjabi on the front)

(pic courtsey Navjot Singh Mangat, facebook profile)
Attached Images

Last edited by Parm : 26th September 2010 at 00:21.
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 23:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thats one bling tractor. It seems owner is an enthusiasts. Would really like to check his other daily drives.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 20:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have been told by Sterling Motors in Gurgaon that I cannot register a Scorpio Getaway on Private registration, anywhere in India now. Is this really true? Please help.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 23:28   #21
BHPian

@ roy

i think they dont have stock of scorpio getaway or they dont want to take risk of after sales service of this vehicle, I dont know why they said so. but upto my knowledge it is not true
rajivanoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 23:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

A good move to modernise the police forces.

About the prices, you just can not compare with the market rate. There are special contracts for this purpose. They must have asked quotes from various companies for these number of vehicles. Winning contract of 150 vehicles in one go is no joke. I am sure the actual contract would be for much more as these are vehicles for PHASE1 only.

In addition, M&M would also get maintenance contract of these vehicles for certain period of time.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 08:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
@ roy

i think they dont have stock of scorpio getaway or they dont want to take risk of after sales service of this vehicle, I dont know why they said so. but upto my knowledge it is not true
Thanks Rajiv. They told me that it is not possible to register any vehicle with a flat cargo bay for personal use; and said it was a recent rule that the RTO have implemented. Is this really true?
They told me that they were happy to sell me a Getaway with Commercial license. So, I do not think stock or service would be the issue.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 12:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Thanks Rajiv. They told me that it is not possible to register any vehicle with a flat cargo bay for personal use; and said it was a recent rule that the RTO have implemented. Is this really true?
They told me that they were happy to sell me a Getaway with Commercial license. So, I do not think stock or service would be the issue.
That makes no sense considering Tata's pickup, The Xenon can be bought for non commercial purposes with a normal car registration. Check with some other dealer or send an e-mail to someone in M&M to confirm.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote