Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 21st December 2010, 17:07   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ashok Leyland U-truck 2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
AL seems to target MAN, AMW etc head on. With the strong market acceptance for AL in south, these new U-trucks are sure to rule the roads in near future.
I still believe there is no competition to MAN in the 18 cu m 8 X 4 category with twin steerable axles. Neither TML nor ALL has a model in that region and believe me, the model CLA 31.280 8 x 4 twin is a hot favorite with the mining fraternity.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 17:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ashok Leyland launches U-truck platform-based vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
I still believe there is no competition to MAN in the 18 cu m 8 X 4 category with twin steerable axles. Neither TML nor ALL has a model in that region and believe me, the model CLA 31.280 8 x 4 twin is a hot favorite with the mining fraternity.
I am not sure about the market acceptance of CLA 31.28 in the market yet. I am sure there are equivalent products from TML with 3128 and ALL 3123

Quote:
Are you sure this hauler was a 'U' coz other models in the ALL line up also share the 'cargo' derived 'newgen' cabin. The only distinguishable feature i believe between the 'newgen' s and 'U' is the badging.
This is for sure is a U truck.. no doubt in that.
The U-trucks are platform which are currently offered with New Gen cabs.
New Gen was the name of cab and U truck is the name of platform
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 19:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

The MAN CLA31.280 will now be met head on by the Tata Prima 3128K, which is proving to be a pretty big hit. There should be about three to four hundred of these trucks delivered before March. With the Tata name behind it I am sure this model will make a serious dent in both the share of Volvo and MAN in the mining tipper market.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I am not sure about the market acceptance of CLA 31.28 in the market yet. I am sure there are equivalent products from TML with 3128 and ALL 3123
Three - Four months back, when we tried buying trucks for our mining operations in Orissa, Only LPK 2523 was available from TML with a rock body and that too 14 Cm cu against 18 cm cu of MAN. The daewoo Novus available was a 6X4 and not 8 X 4. There was no mention of 3128(probably from the prima range). As i understand, the Prima tipper is not launched yet.
As for the 3123 U, it again was not launched at that time and the established and tested model available in the market was the CLA 31.28 which incidentally also won the 'rigid of the year award' from apollo CV magazine and was recommended by other mine owners too.

Quote:
This is for sure is a U truck.. no doubt in that.
The U-trucks are platform which are currently offered with New Gen cabs.
New Gen was the name of cab and U truck is the name of platform

I know that the platform is called U, but this cabin(newgen) was seen on the roads much much before the 'U' truck was launched. I remember having seen this truck in 2008 expo fitted with a new 6 liter (again called H series but not the W 06) with about 160 BHP on tap. An R&D chap posted in the stall actually explained to me that the engine is an all new 6 liter 'H' series unit developed by ALL and is not a Hino W 06 or its variants(neither a development of the AL402). I guessed that it would be similar to the Hino unit albeit would save ALL from 'royalty' issues while still maintaining the 'H' series nameplate. Eventually i saw a few of these cabins on the road with ALL tractor trailers. Around this time ALL made statements in the press stating that they've 3 cabins, the 'Kailash made cabin', the 'Iveco Cargo ICV' derived cabin and the modified 'Cargo' cabin (which is the present newgen). The true 'full size cabin' for the 'U' truck is still under development and might eventually replace the 'Newgen' in a couple of years.
SAE40 in veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 23:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that the platform is called U, but this cabin(newgen) was seen on the roads much much before the 'U' truck was launched.
Yes you are right!
The look wise they both are similar but the earlier one was a fixed cab while the current model in the u trucks are fully floating type. Apart from this additional features should have been added.

Quote:
The true 'full size cabin' for the 'U' truck is still under development and might eventually replace the 'Newgen' in a couple of years.
That should be in the next lot
Old 29th January 2011, 23:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default First U Truck accident ?

Spotted this U - 4023 TT.
Name:  P260111_11.47.jpg
Views: 7201
Size:  100.4 KB
Out of Curiosity I approached driver to have a word with him and later I understood that the vehicle have met with a accident. Also the vehicle was under break down with battery completely drained. With key in the ignition on condition they have left it for whole night and with repeated cranks they have blown the battery. But any ways they have made it ready in a couple of hours.
Name:  P260111_11.48.jpg
Views: 4413
Size:  137.8 KB
Owner : Sonu Cargo Movers - Mumbai
They have ordered about 20 numbers of U 4023 TT and 5 was delivered and the others are to be delivered in a couple of week it seems.
Driver was though happy with the engine and performance but felt disappointed about the accident in the maiden trip.
The Air deflectors, LH A pillar got damaged and the LH door was jammed.
Name:  P260111_11.48_01.jpg
Views: 3833
Size:  162.4 KB
Old 30th January 2011, 11:19   #52
BHPian

One small request.

The next time when you all get a chance to spot a U truck upclose, please click a pic of its cabin and dashboard. Am really waiting to see one pic, as i even tried searching it in google but ended up in vein.
urzdeepu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 17:11   #53
BHPian

i saw a couple of Utrucks in chennai in the NH to banglore between maduravoyal and poonamalle parked in the service lane..
leylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Default Website for U-Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leylander View Post
i saw a couple of Utrucks in chennai in the NH to banglore between maduravoyal and poonamalle parked in the service lane..
A seperate website for U-truck is lauched.
www.Utruck.in

The website is really good to see. More info and gives a complete details of the current range of products and options.
Some photos of the Interior from the website for you
Ashok Leyland launches U-truck platform-based vehicles-inter.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches U-truck platform-based vehicles-inter1.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches U-truck platform-based vehicles-new-bitmap-image.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches U-truck platform-based vehicles-home.jpg
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Website for U-Truck

Quote:
A seperate website for U-truck is lauched.
www.Utruck.in

The website is really good to see. More info and gives a complete details of the current range of products and options.
Oh boy! The main website of Ashok Leyland is never updated, but they have a good site for their new offering!

I hope they come up with a dedicated site for their buses - especially the Luxura.
binaiks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 14:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Website for U-Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Oh boy! The main website of Ashok Leyland is never updated, but they have a good site for their new offering!

I hope they come up with a dedicated site for their buses - especially the Luxura.
They have recently updated (not upgraded) with products on BSIII range but still way to come.
Yes a dedicated website for buses will be a killer one!
Old 21st February 2011, 17:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

On my visit to Kerala, I saw many U2523 tippers. Didn't know they are selling like hot cakes!

Another thing I noticed is that there are more number of car carriers with AL Tractors compared to earlier times - 2-3 for every 10 TM Tractors. But they didn't seem to look like the U series - the cabs i mean. They did have the fresh instrument cluster design
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 20:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Isn't the muffler too close to the fuel tank? I am asking this as there is a possibility of sparks coming out of muffler when the fuel is getting filled?
Sorry for digging a old thread.

BTW the only possibility is the sparks that are escaping from the combustion chamber (may be due to poor valve timing) will come out of muffler. While filing the fuel it is always recommended to switch off the engine.
Chance of fire accident due to closely placed fuel tank & muffler is negligible. The only drawback is the change in density of fuel due to excessive heat from the muffler.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 11:58   #59
BHPian

Ashok Leyland to roll out Neptune engines this year!!!

Hinduja Groupís flagship company Ashok Leyland will roll out its much-awaited completely electronically governed Neptune engines, globally benchmarked for lower operating costs.

Business Line : Companies News : Ashok Leyland to roll out Neptune engines this year
vivekkp is offline   Reply With Quote