Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 12th December 2011, 21:41   #61
BHPian

Default Re: LUXURIA - Bangalore to Chennai. EDIT : Now renamed to *Luxury* Buses

My First spotting of Olivea on road!
Name:  Olivea.jpg
Views: 15102
Size:  54.1 KB

Olivea along with KSRTC's 444(Vellore-Bangalore). 444 route code is share between TNSTC and KSRTC.

Name:  IMG_0121.jpg
Views: 17604
Size:  32.3 KB
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 14:33   #62
BHPian

Default Re: LUXURIA - Bangalore to Chennai. EDIT : Now renamed to *Luxury* Buses

If I am right, 444 uses the Kolar route to travel between Vellore and Bangalore. So even Olivea uses this route?
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 16:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
So even Olivea uses this route?
I doubt. The Olivea bus that I'd travelled in, took the NH7 route itself.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 16:11   #64
LDJ
BHPian

Crazeal gives a discount of 45% on the Olivea ticket price so the effective price is Rs.1049 now.

This seems to be a good value for luxury travel.
LDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 16:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
If I am right, 444 uses the Kolar route to travel between Vellore and Bangalore. So even Olivea uses this route?
Nope. It uses the Krishnagiri Route only. The one which goes via Kolar is Route No 555.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 17:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Nope. It uses the Krishnagiri Route only. The one which goes via Kolar is Route No 555.
Ah! Now I remember. I had traveled on this route when I had to urgently travel between Bangalore and Chennai, 12 years back. Took this bus in the morning, reached Vellore in the late afternoon, then took another bus to Chennai reaching late in the night. Those days there were no day buses and lalbagh express had already left when I had to start from Bangalore
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 18:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Ah! Now I remember. I had traveled on this route when I had to urgently travel between Bangalore and Chennai, 12 years back. Took this bus in the morning, reached Vellore in the late afternoon, then took another bus to Chennai reaching late in the night. Those days there were no day buses and lalbagh express had already left when I had to start from Bangalore
Olivea uses Hosur-Krishnagiri route only. This 444 also runs via Hosur, Krishnagiri to reach Vellore. This route number is famous in TNSTCs and KSRTC is also using the same route number.
dhandapanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 22:03   #68
BHPian

guys one doubt. Does this bus by any chance start from ITPL? I have spotted it far too many times there on my way to office.
vivekkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 23:37   #69
BHPian

Traveled from Chennai to Bangalore and back on Olivea. Here are my experiences

Overall
1) Tickets booked by my company through red bus and they sent me an m-ticket.
2) The bus no longer runs on Chennai OMR. It starts from Radha regent in Arumbakkam and stops at HSR layout.
3) To cab arranged for pick up and drop (infer that they were doing it earlier)
4) Food offered was ok. no coffee
5) Stewards were friendly
6) No water in toilets. After use, the stewards use room spray to ward off the smell.
7) Seats were excellent (only 24 seats in 2 X 1 configuration )

Onward trip
1) Had a pretty new bus for the onward trip.
2) Seats were excellent, Dish TV, movies, music was available on touch screen monitors along with Wifi.
3) Was sitting on last but one seat and the ride quality was nothing great to write about. Felt that Single axle volvos from KPN /Rathimeena that I had traveled earlier had better ride.
4) The driver did Arumbakkam to silk board in 5 hrs including a 10 minute loo break for himself. Could have reached even faster if not for the slow moving truck traffic between Krishnagiri and Hosur.
5) The drive was not smooth with the driver applying sudden breaks many number of times.
6) There was some rattling from the last few rows

Return trip
1) Bus was from the first lot. Still had Luxur(y) stickers.
2) Monitor, head phones were old. The head phones were not fitting onto the slots
3) No wifi
4) Similar ride quality even though I was sitting slightly on the front this time
5) Better driving but the trip took 5.5 hrs.
6) The used plates were kept on the floor near the toilets. Could be handled better.
7) The waiting area was good and they offered tea/coffee unlike that of Radha regent.
Sridhar K is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote