Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles

Old 5th January 2011, 11:19   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Contemplating a new intercity coach service..Need your valuable suggestions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Why are you setting the ticket price of a Tata bus at 800, while all present operators charge Vovlo equivalent prices for the Hispano Globus.
Thats what i think was resonable.We can go upto Rs.1000. Which would be excellent.

Quote:
Also, though I think the prices of the Merc, Volvo and the Tata Hispano Globus are in range, which bus from ALL are you considering at 45lakhs?? Also you can expect the Hispano globus prices to go up a bit in near future with the introduction of the 285hp engine and some other cosmetic improvements.

Also could anybody post a picture and some technical details of the Isuzu bus here, just for reference sake.
Does any one have the website for the Tata Hispano Globus?

And when is the 285HP engine version expected? I say a article dated Feb 2010 claiming that it would be released in 3 months.
george_kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 11:40   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Contemplating a new intercity coach service..Need your valuable suggestions!!!

Quote:
Also could anybody post a picture and some technical details of the Isuzu bus here, just for reference sake.
Here are the details i think is the Isuzu bus that everyone talks about.Correct me if i am wrong. From the Swaraj Mazda website

Name:  Bus_Swaraj Isuzu Prestige.jpg
Views: 5686
Size:  57.8 KB

SPECIFICATIONS

MODEL : SWARAJ PRESTIGE
ENGINE : ISUZU 6 HK1-TC BS III COMPLIANT DIESEL ENGINE
POWER : 169 KW@ 2500 RPM ELECTRONIC GOVERNING
TYRES : 7 ( INCLUDING 1 SPARE TYRE) 11-R 22.5-16 PR (BS)
SEATING : 40+1 PUSH BACK, COMFORTABLE SEATS WITH PADDED ARM
REST AND FOOT REST

FEATURES & FITMENTS

Aero dynamic Shape
Roof Mounted A/C with individual Ducts
Reading Lights
Roof Hatch
Hat Racks
2 No. LCDs for easy viewing
Driver Controlled Passenger Entry Door
Driver Controlled Retractable Ultra Low Foot Step
Under floor Luggage compartment with 7.4 Cu.M. capacity
Power operated Rear View Mirrors
Tinted sealed window glasses
Curtains
Engine Overrun Buzzer
Reverse Warning Buzzer
Passenger door open Buzzer
Tachometer
Special Sun Visors
Old 5th January 2011, 11:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

You can expect the release of the 285hp version in this financial year acc to my sources.

As for a website, sorry Tata's CV branch is just too lazy for such a thing. You have to stay in touch with the local area offices. If you express an interest I am sure they will get in touch whenever it becomes available.

The following two links are pretty much the best source of info for these buses.

Picasa Web Albums - Raghu - Tata Globus

Description of Tata Hispano Globus Rear engine A/C Hi-Decker Coach. | AUTOPEDIA

This present bus is a slightly redesigned Hispano Divo from the Tata Hispano stables. Though it would be better in my opinion if the bring in their latest design, the Xerux.
Attached Thumbnails
Contemplating a new intercity coach service! Need your valuable suggestions-hispano_xerus_intro_6.jpg  

julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 16:26   #34
BHPian

George: Give me an idea how much each of these 36~40 semi sleeper buses cost?

Mercedes Benz
Volvo B7R CRDi
TATA Globus
SML ISUZU

Last edited by AirWind : 5th January 2011 at 16:37.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 17:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Do the Indian Volvo buses get the 380hp 9 liter engines or the 290hp 7 liter engines?? Mercs provide a 300hp engine as of now. And Tata's is joining the big league with 285hp.

Also what are the specs of the ALL Luxura?
Old 5th January 2011, 20:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Do the Indian Volvo buses get the 380hp 9 liter engines or the 290hp 7 liter engines?? Mercs provide a 300hp engine as of now. And Tata's is joining the big league with 285hp.

Volvo B9R is avaliable with 9L 340HP engine in 4x2 and 6x2 configurations. B9R (4x2) is the replacement for B7R mark3. May be next month we can expect launch of AL "Luxura V2" with H series CRS engine.
Transsenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Volvo B7R gets a 290hp 7 Litre engine, while the Multi Axle B9R gets a 340hp 9 litre engine.

Regular Merc buses are powered by a 305hp 7 litre engine, while the multi-axle bus gets a 360hp 9 litre (??) engine.

ALL Luxura is currently offered with a 230hp Hino engine. A friend of mine (who has access to the development of Neptune) claims that the new Luxura is expected to come with a 320hp Neptune engine - not sure of this claim though.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Volvo B7R gets a 290hp 7 Litre engine, while the Multi Axle B9R gets a 340hp 9 litre engine.

Regular Merc buses are powered by a 305hp 7 litre engine, while the multi-axle bus gets a 360hp 9 litre (??) engine.

ALL Luxura is currently offered with a 230hp Hino engine. A friend of mine (who has access to the development of Neptune) claims that the new Luxura is expected to come with a 320hp Neptune engine - not sure of this claim though.
Are AL Luxura buses available in the market now?

What is the expected cost? Any idea?
Old 5th January 2011, 20:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

If a 320hp AL Luxura does get launched it should be one hot sell, considering how much of the standard intercity bus market ALL presently has.

Tata motors should come out with the latest Tata Hispano Xerux and plonk in a slighly detuned FPT C10 engine, to properly give competition to the premium Volvos and Mercedes Benz buses. The Xerux definitely looks the best among all the buses seen yet on Indian roads.

Coming back to topic, I think you should check out both the ALL and TML guys for the latest Luxura and Hispano Globus before making any choice.
Old 5th January 2011, 23:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Why does Volvo India website not show B7R's anymore?

Quote:
If a 320hp AL Luxura does get launched it should be one hot sell, considering how much of the standard intercity bus market ALL presently has.

Coming back to topic, I think you should check out both the ALL and TML guys for the latest Luxura and Hispano Globus before making any choice.
Yes, i will check with AL and Tata.

What are the new models to be released from Tata Hispano?
Old 6th January 2011, 07:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

As of now there is confirmed news of a new premium bus with 285hp, but nothing about the design or any other changes from TML.
Old 6th January 2011, 09:15   #42
BHPian

Heard that the new Kesineni's B9R met with an accident today morning about 40 kms away from Anantapur. ..

It was on its way from Ernakulam to hyderabad. Hit a tractor it seems.

Sad. I think they started it last week.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_kj View Post
Heard that the new Kesineni's B9R
It was on its way from Ernakulam to hyderabad.
Redbus shows Kallada in Ernakulam-Hyderabad route. So 2 buses already in this route? How is the load factor? Frankly, i cannot imagine taking a 22 hour bus trip.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 19:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Volvo B9R is avaliable with 9L 340HP engine in 4x2 and 6x2 configurations. B9R (4x2) is the replacement for B7R mark3.
Are you sure of this? AFAIK, 9400s still come with the 7L 290hp engine, while the 9400XL comes with a 9L 340hp engine. The 9L engine sounds very different as compared to the 7L engine. The 9400s still sound like the old B7Rs.

Quote:
Why does Volvo India website not show B7R's anymore?
They still show. See this. They discontinued naming their buses after the Chassis, and buses are named in their international convention of numbers. The B7R is now called the 9400, while the B9R is called the 9400XL.

Quote:
Heard that the new Kesineni's B9R met with an accident today morning about 40 kms away from Anantapur. .

It was on its way from Ernakulam to hyderabad. Hit a tractor it seems.
Oh! So sad! I saw this bus yesterday at Ernakulam - already had a cracked front windshield.

Quote:
Sad. I think they started it last week.
They've been operating from mid-December

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Redbus shows Kallada in Ernakulam-Hyderabad route. So 2 buses already in this route? How is the load factor? Frankly, i cannot imagine taking a 22 hour bus trip.
Kallada runs a Coimbatore-Hyderabad B9R service, with a dedicated connecting B7R service from Ernakulam to Coimbatore. Their website has been showing the schedule as "Ernakulam-Hyderabad B9R" for the past two days - so not sure if they B9R is now coming to Ernakulam (Highly unlikely since the incoming service reaches EKM only at 12.30, while the outbound is at 11AM).

The Kesineni has half full at Kadavanthra itself yesterday (being the middle of the week as well). They get good bookings from Coimbatore too.

Last edited by binaiks : 6th January 2011 at 19:22.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 22:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure of this? AFAIK, 9400s still come with the 7L 290hp engine, while the 9400XL comes with a 9L 340hp engine. The 9L engine sounds very different as compared to the 7L engine. The 9400s still sound like the old B7Rs.
Yes!. For example, the B9R (4x2) is operated by Rathimeena in TVM-Chennai route. It has the same engine of multiaxle B9R, i.e Volvo 9L truck engine. Moreover the 7L engine used in B7R is actually sourced from Deutz by Volvo.
Transsenger is offline   Reply With Quote