Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 13:15   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,189
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Thank you very much. Do you know if the Thane Vandana Bus Stop has only Shivneri buses or also other Volvo operators/share taxi etc? Asking because if I miss the bus or if the bus is full, I will have other options.
Sorry, don't know. From what I remember, Vandana is only for MSRTC (state transport) buses. A native Thanekar would be the best person to tell you the location of private Volvo buses and share taxis.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 14:00   #137
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIM, Ahmedabad
Posts: 486
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Thank you very much. Do you know if the Thane Vandana Bus Stop has only Shivneri buses or also other Volvo operators/share taxi etc? Asking because if I miss the bus or if the bus is full, I will have other options.
Why miss or face a full bus? Book online.

If you do miss it, you will need to go to Thane Station or Eternity Mall for share taxi options, but the buses to Pune are quite frequent.

Alternatively, you could take the train to Vashi station and get any private bus from there as well.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 14:07   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
If you do miss it, you will need to go to Thane Station or Eternity Mall for share taxi options, but the buses to Pune are quite frequent.
Thank you. Do you know if Taxi Share options will be available at Eternity Mall early the morning like 6 - 7 am? Also are there also buses from Eternity Mall. Would like to go to where there are maximum options. Not booking in advance because it's not a confirmed trip. Can get cancelled at the last minute.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 14:25   #139
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIM, Ahmedabad
Posts: 486
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Thank you. Do you know if Taxi Share options will be available at Eternity Mall early the morning like 6 - 7 am? Also are there also buses from Eternity Mall. Would like to go to where there are maximum options. Not booking in advance because it's not a confirmed trip. Can get cancelled at the last minute.
These
+(91)-9320205519, +(91)-22-25822075, 25828351, 25826105, 25814599, seem to be the numbers of Krishna Travels, the main travel agency and bus stop at Eternity Mall. You could call and enquire with them for buses.

Taxi Share in the early morning, maybe some one else can suggest?
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 15:19   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
These
+(91)-9320205519, +(91)-22-25822075, 25828351, 25826105, 25814599, seem to be the numbers of Krishna Travels, the main travel agency and bus stop at Eternity Mall. You could call and enquire with them for buses.

Taxi Share in the early morning, maybe some one else can suggest?
Called them up. They said there are neither buses nor share taxis for Pune from there. I called even the Vandana Shivneri. They said the first bus from there starts at 8:30 - that's too late for me! I guess I will go to Chembur.

Last edited by carboy : 31st March 2015 at 15:21.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 16:32   #141
BHPian
 
latentpotential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IIM, Ahmedabad
Posts: 486
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Called them up. They said there are neither buses nor share taxis for Pune from there. I called even the Vandana Shivneri. They said the first bus from there starts at 8:30 - that's too late for me! I guess I will go to Chembur.
Could you look for the viju natekar taxi stand numbers? Thats the one at thane station and will know about the eternity mall one as well.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 12:14   #142
BHPian
 
PetrolRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 171
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Hi Guys,

Sorry for this silly question, planing for my first time bus travel from Pune to Mumbai.
Searched for MSRTC website and found results for following bus types:
  1. 'AC-SHIVNERI'
  2. 'SEMI SLEEPER VOLVO AC'
Which ones are Volvo services? I have seen on road MSRTC volvo which have written 'SHIVNERI' (light blue colored one) on them.

Plus, I have to catch a flight in the afternoon from Mumbai domestic airport. I believe private Volvo services such as Neeta have a drop point near airport, but what I have heard the services are not as reliable as MSRTC.
But MSRTC goes up to Dadar, so how much time / taxi fare would cost me to go from Dadar to Domestic terminal?
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 13:02   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,868
Thanked: 1,852 Times
Smile Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Which ones are Volvo services? I have seen on road MSRTC volvo which have written 'SHIVNERI' (light blue colored one) on them.

Plus, I have to catch a flight in the afternoon from Mumbai domestic airport. I believe private Volvo services such as Neeta have a drop point near airport, but what I have heard the services are not as reliable as MSRTC.
But MSRTC goes up to Dadar, so how much time / taxi fare would cost me to go from Dadar to Domestic terminal?
The option AC Shivneri is for the Volvo buses. Don't know about the other, never used it till date. There are AC Shivneri buses from Pune to Borivali which would be better as it takes the Western Express highway IMO (pls confirm before booking). You can be dropped nearer to SantaCruz from where getting to the domestic terminal will be relatively easy.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 13:55   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 344
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for this silly question, planing for my first time bus travel from Pune to Mumbai.
Hi,

The Ac- shivneri buses have a stop on the WEH for the domestic airport at Santacruz. The Domestic Terminal is 5-7 minutes walk from the WEH. But, the catch is luggage. If you are carrying any heavy luggage it will be difficult to cross the highway and go upto the terminals. Do not expect any rick/taxi guys to accept your request to drop you on the terminal from WEH.

I would also suggest for an afternoon departure please ensure that you catch a Shivneri which leaves Pune latest by 7:00 AM. If you are travelling on a working day the stretch from Panvel to Sion can get jam and will take a long time to cover. From Sion to Santacruz should not be a problem.

MSRTC is far more disciplined then the private operators and do not waste time to fill their buses at way side stops.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2015 at 05:38. Reason: lease quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:15   #145
BHPian
 
PetrolRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 171
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
The Ac- shivneri buses have a stop on the WEH for the domestic airport at Santacruz.
Thanks 'Dieseltuned'. I think can get down at 'WAKOLA POLICE STN', where I think, I can get a rickshaw, as per Google map it says 3 KM plus. Will it be a problem ?

Quote:
I would also suggest for an afternoon departure please ensure that you catch a Shivneri which leaves Pune latest by 7:00 AM.
Got the idea, thanks for suggestion. I have a flight at 5-30 in the afternoon from 1B. I will get the bus at 9-30 am with schedule arrival at Vakola is at 12-35. Or can I catch the 10-30 am service, which will reach at 1-35 PM?

Quote:
MSRTC is far more disciplined then the private operators and do not waste time to fill their buses at way side stops.
That is the main reason, I am trying for MSRTC, thanks again for confidence building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The option AC Shivneri is for the Volvo buses. Don't know about the other, never used it till date. There are AC Shivneri buses from Pune to Borivali which would be better as it takes the Western Express highway IMO (pls confirm before booking). You can be dropped nearer to SantaCruz from where getting to the domestic terminal will be relatively easy.
Thanks 'ghodlur'. Yes, I got that route. I can see the stop at 'WAKOLA POLICE STN.' and VILEPARLE (E) SAIBABA MANDIR. I think I can get the 9-30 service for 5-30 pm flight.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:19   #146
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 80 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for this silly question, planing for my first time bus travel from Pune to Mumbai.
It will be better to catch the Shivneri Dadar bus and from Dadar take a cab to the airport. The cab fare will range from 190 to 225 Rs. depending on the traffic.

Alternatively, people also come by their personal cars from Pune, park them at the airport premium parking, catch the flight, come back and then take their car home from the airport. Offcourse this is more suitable for business trips of one or two days duration.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2015 at 05:36. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
vinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:26   #147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bombay
Posts: 344
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
It will be better to catch the Shivneri Dadar bus and from Dadar take a cab to the airport. The cab fare will range from 190 to 225 Rs. depending on the traffic.

Alternatively, people also come by their personal cars from Pune, park them at the airport premium parking, catch the flight, come back and then take their car home from the airport. Offcourse this is more suitable for business trips of one or two days duration.
I agree, Dadar Shivneri has good frequency, I think a bus every 30 minutes from Pune RLY station. You can get down at Sion and take a cab to the airport. No need to go all the way to Dadar.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:34   #148
BHPian
 
vibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 823
Thanked: 721 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry for this silly question, planing for my first time bus travel from Pune to Mumbai.
Borivali Shivneri would be the best bet, or you could take Dadar Shivneri and get down at Chembur or Sion and then Taxi from there to Airport. You can go upto Dadar too if you are not too comfortable getting down in between. Taxi fare from Dadar to Airport should be around INR 250 on meter depending on traffic.

Other option is KK Travels. They have cabs on sharing basis (Aria) between Pune to Mumbai Airport. Have availed their service once from Mumbai to Pune and was a good experience. Doorstep drop, Aria with only 4 passengers and sedate driving (not exceeding 80-100 Kmph on Expressway). They charge around INR 950 per trip on sharing basis. You may check out their website for more info.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2015 at 05:37. Reason: lease quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 14:36   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,189
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I think a bus every 30 minutes from Pune RLY station
Every 15 minutes, in fact.

http://www.msrtc.org.in/msrtc-timetable.php

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 15:15   #150
BHPian
 
PetrolRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 171
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
It will be better to catch the Shivneri Dadar bus and from Dadar take a cab to the airport.
Alternatively, people also come by their personal cars from Pune, park them at the airport premium parking, catch the flight, come back and then take their car home from the airport.
Thanks 'Vinit'. I am going for a week. My family are already at my native and I am going to join them for Christmas/New year holidays. So, personal car is not an option, thinking of using Bus service this time, rather than a cab as I am traveling alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Borivali Shivneri would be the best bet, or you could take Dadar Shivneri and get down at Chembur or Sion and then Taxi from there to Airport.
Other option is KK Travels.
Thanks 'Vibbs'. I am thinking of 10-30 Swargate - Borivali service. Anyway, my place to Swargate is 12 Km, which will be a taxi (appx 250 - 300 fare) and again another taxi from Dadar to airport, does not make sense for me, as a few hundred more and I will get a Indica from my home to airport from my regular cab provider. Any idea, how much the service may get delayed on an Saturday?

I am geting few bad reviews on KK travel, even one from a fellow BHPian, hence giving them a miss.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2015 at 05:37. Reason: lease quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai) Sahil Mumbai 59 28th March 2017 11:29
Early 20th century road infrastructure/bus transport services/automobile traffic Stefan Tetzlaff Pre-War 35 15th December 2015 07:35
Around Pune : Go SLO - Shivneri, Lenyadri, Ozar pjbiju Travelogues 16 29th June 2014 23:30
Help regarding Bus services from Cochin Airport emkay456 Route / Travel Queries 3 3rd January 2011 13:53
Golden Zen with TBHP stickers around Dadar? aalaap Shifting gears 10 24th September 2004 09:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks