Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:24   #31
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 913
Thanked: 278 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Another huge advantage of MSRTC Shivneri buses is that during breakdowns at remote places, there is always another semi luxury or ST bus coming along which will gladly accommodate you, which is not the case with private operators. My wife had a first hand experience with both these scenarios and now is totally refuses to take any private bus between Pune Mumbai.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:15   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,921
Thanked: 1,908 Times
Wink re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Have been a huge fan of the Shivneri Volvos since I use them for my Thane-Pune-Thane trip. No hassles regarding the ticketing - online ticketing available, these days with the choice of seating too. The Volvo service in this sectro is second highest revenue earner after Dadar - Pune.
Many a times I have reached Pune or Thane in 3 hrs flat. Only annoying thing is the halt at different food courts. Surprisingly while coming from Pune, the Volvo halted at a food court in Lonavala which I felt was a sheer waste of time since there is a food court available just before the Khalapur toll.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:02   #33
BHPian
 
nomadabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 343
Thanked: 73 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Not much travelled in volvos on that route (preferred my RD to cover the distance flat in 2 hours) But recalled this instance where I dropped my friend to Neeta's and it failed at Panvel exit. Then replacement sent to that was another Neeta and it failed in ghats and finally my friend was able to make it to Pune in the 3rd one. Maybe a bad day for him or Neeta.
nomadabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:36   #34
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Folks, If I am not wrong I had read about Swargate-Dadar-Swargate Shivneri starting in 31st Dec2010 in TOI.
Any idea what happened to it?
Does anyone has the timetable for this service?

Just found MSRTC Helpline - 1800 22 1250 (God knows, if it really works?)

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 3rd March 2011 at 12:48.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:51   #35
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 294 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Just one point. Ex Aundh it is always wise to book seats in advance, specially on Fridays-Mondays. Do this either online or there is a restaurant near the bus stop where you can book the ticket.

Ex Dadar there has never been a problem getting seats !

This is a very informative thread.

Captain Nandu Chitnis
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:04   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,530
Thanked: 5,927 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Folks, If I am not wrong I had read about Swargate-Dadar-Swargate Shivneri starting in 31st Dec2010 in TOI.
Any idea what happened to it?
Does anyone has the timetable for this service?

Just found MSRTC Helpline - 1800 22 1250 (God knows, if it really works?)
Not sure if you understand Marathi, but here it is - Schedule.

From Dadar: 7.30, 16.00
From Swargate: 12.00, 20.00

Route - Maitri Park, Vashi, Wakad, Chandni Chowk, Kothrud.
Fare: Dadar to Swargate - Rs. 280/- and Vashi to Swargate - Rs. 250/-

They would be introducing Multi-axle buses in near future.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:35   #37
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 163 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Not sure if you understand Marathi, but here it is - Schedule.

From Dadar: 7.30, 16.00
From Swargate: 12.00, 20.00

Route - Maitri Park, Vashi, Wakad, Chandni Chowk, Kothrud.
Fare: Dadar to Swargate - Rs. 280/- and Vashi to Swargate - Rs. 250/-

They would be introducing Multi-axle buses in near future.
Thank you moralfibre, I understand marathi.
The time table looks ok, though only twice a day each way.
Just checked the ebooking of msrtc from the pdf, it doesn' have any clue about it
The problem is there are lot many things started with big hash-hush, not sure how long they sustain it.
Again the question is has anyone tried this service from Swargate??
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 814 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
The problem is there are lot many things started with big hash-hush, not sure how long they sustain it.
Again the question is has anyone tried this service from Swargate??
The service does not exist anymore. This service was launched when MSRTC was running trials of a Mercedes bus. The bus has been returned to Merc, and the service was cancelled as soon as the bus was returned.

There used to be "Mahabus" services between Dadar and Swargate sometime around 2007~2008. "Mahabus" is now history, and I guess the services too are gone.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:59   #39
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 111 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The service does not exist anymore. This service was launched when MSRTC was running trials of a Mercedes bus. The bus has been returned to Merc, and the service was cancelled as soon as the bus was returned.

There used to be "Mahabus" services between Dadar and Swargate sometime around 2007~2008. "Mahabus" is now history, and I guess the services too are gone.


Well firstly , there exists a service from Swargate to Dadar/Borivali. I am a regular traveler on that route ( I travel every weekend ). Although i do not take the shivneri but i prefer the newly introduced air-suspension Asiad buses which are very comfortable.
Mr.Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:03   #40
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,530
Thanked: 5,927 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Well firstly , there exists a service from Swargate to Dadar/Borivali. I am a regular traveler on that route ( I travel every weekend ). Although i do not take the shivneri but i prefer the newly introduced air-suspension Asiad buses which are very comfortable.
There is no "Shivneri" service from Swargate to Dadar. The one that goes to Borivali goes via Sion-Dharavi-Bandra route.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 07:35   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,921
Thanked: 1,908 Times
Smile re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
There is no "Shivneri" service from Swargate to Dadar. The one that goes to Borivali goes via Sion-Dharavi-Bandra route.
The Swargate - Borivali goes through Thane, I have travelled on a couple of occassions by this bus. The only pain was if you wanted to get off the bus on the Ghodbunder road, you need to pay the Thane - Borivali fare which is way higher than the normal fare.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 07:44   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,530
Thanked: 5,927 Times
Default re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Swargate - Borivali goes through Thane, I have travelled on a couple of occassions by this bus. The only pain was if you wanted to get off the bus on the Ghodbunder road, you need to pay the Thane - Borivali fare which is way higher than the normal fare.
Interesting. Are we talking about Shivneri service here?
I just checked on their online reservation site that the bus service is only via Dharavi - Sion. I checked all schedules from 05:30 to 17:30.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 08:00   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,921
Thanked: 1,908 Times
Smile re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Interesting. Are we talking about Shivneri service here?
I just checked on their online reservation site that the bus service is only via Dharavi - Sion. I checked all schedules from 05:30 to 17:30.
Yes, the Shiveneri service. I see the bus almost daily plying on the Ghodbunder Road. There are two services to Borivali from Swargate and vice versa which shows via Aundh, Thane.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:42   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 72
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Shivneri: Dadar - Pune - Dadar - SURPRISE !!!

Surprise !!!!

Just came to Mumbai on the 0930 Borivalli SHivneri and guess what ?
It took a turn near the Lonavla and headed straight away towards the Neeta refreshment point.
Luckily, we did not land up there but at Center Point, just short of it.

The bus of course made a 15 min halt and resumed the journey, but I missed the ambience and the service of the MacD near the khopoli exit.

Hope this was an exception - couldn't extract anything concrete from the conductor.
sandip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:50   #45
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,530
Thanked: 5,927 Times
Default Re: Shivneri: Dadar - Pune - Dadar - SURPRISE !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
It took a turn near the Lonavla and headed straight away towards the Neeta refreshment point.
Luckily, we did not land up there but at Center Point, just short of it.
I had heard of a similar experience from a relative who traveled to Borivali too.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai) Sahil Mumbai 59 28th March 2017 11:29
Early 20th century road infrastructure/bus transport services/automobile traffic Stefan Tetzlaff Pre-War 35 15th December 2015 07:35
Around Pune : Go SLO - Shivneri, Lenyadri, Ozar pjbiju Travelogues 16 29th June 2014 23:30
Help regarding Bus services from Cochin Airport emkay456 Route / Travel Queries 3 3rd January 2011 13:53
Golden Zen with TBHP stickers around Dadar? aalaap Shifting gears 10 24th September 2004 09:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks