Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 23:05   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,558
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Suggestions to MSRTC from Me:
  • Bring a route like Borivali - Kandivali - Malad - Goregaon - JVLR - EE Highway - Airoli - Palm beach road - Panvel - Pune. There are no services in this route. At least one bus in the morning, afternoon and evening will benfit hugely.
  • Conductor occupies one of the main seats. If conductor can occupy the "co-driver's" seat, that would increase revenue by 400/- per trip. This 400 is approx 10 litres of diesel more or 30 kms extra range.
  • Why should MSRTC buses pay toll in Maharashtra. TNSTC / SETC buses dont pay toll in Tamil Nadu.
  • Start sufficeiently early from Pune station keeping traffic in mind, so that its more punctual during peak hours
  • Have at least one bus that does NOT go to the "west" side of Borivali
MSRTC - are you listening. Please implement these at the earliest and your position in pune-mumbai sector will be unshakeable.
TBHPians - Please add your comments to this
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:19   #92
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Ashley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NH7
Posts: 2,080
Thanked: 1,414 Times
Default Re: Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
...[*]Why should MSRTC buses pay toll in Maharashtra. TNSTC / SETC buses dont pay toll in Tamil Nadu....
TNSTC/SETC does pay toll. They only dont have insurance like any other STU.
Ashley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:11   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 322 Times
Default Re: Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
MSRTC - are you listening. Please implement these at the earliest and your position in pune-mumbai sector will be unshakeable.
TBHPians - Please add your comments to this
Start Swargate - Dadar or Swargate - Bombay Central buses via Chandni Chowk. Currently they have only Swargate - Borivali buses.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:02   #94
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,435
Thanked: 5,666 Times
Default Re: Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Suggestions to MSRTC from Me:
  • Bring a route like Borivali - Kandivali - Malad - Goregaon - JVLR - EE Highway - Airoli - Palm beach road - Panvel - Pune. There are no services in this route. At least one bus in the morning, afternoon and evening will benfit hugely.
There's not just one but at least 5 buses daily on this route. Excluding the three that go from Swargate - Chandni chowk - Borivali route. See this screenshot for details

Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar-route.jpg
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:11   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,558
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
There's not just one but at least 5 buses daily on this route. Excluding the three that go from Swargate - Chandni chowk - Borivali route. See this screenshot for details

Attachment 950400
I was referring to a bus-route that takes JVLR - Airoli - palm beach. All Borivali buses go via Bandra Sion Chembur.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:23   #96
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,435
Thanked: 5,666 Times
Default Re: Suggestions to MSRTC for Pune- Borivali Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I was referring to a bus-route that takes JVLR - Airoli - palm beach. All Borivali buses go via Bandra Sion Chembur.
To be honest, JVLR is a nightmare to go across. Dharavi route is much faster. Even if you cross majority of JVLR upto Seepz in a jiffy, the remaining portion would take an hour at least if not more. There hasn't been a day when I witnessed moderate traffic on that route.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:09   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,563
Thanked: 1,768 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I thought I will pen down some DOs and Donts to make the travel easier and smarter. All this is as per my personal experience.
Thanks @scopriobharath, this list is very useful. Most of the points are in fact relevant to bus travel elsewhere too. Perhaps a point should be added for an extra layer of clothing or ear plugs/ cotton balls for those who cannot tolerate the AC levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Mega-highway is nothing but the expressway.
Finally someone sees that highway for what it is worth. We should just stop calling it an expressway.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 22:46   #98
BHPian
 
AkMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 767
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Had a journey by a Shivneri on Sunday. It was the 3.45 pm Pune - Dadar service. Departed Pune at 4 and reached Dadar at 7.45. Overall the experience was good. Booking counter at Pune was well managed. Got the usual bottle of water and newspaper with the ticket.

Our seats were in the 3rd row from behind, but still the ride was extremely comfortable. The bus had 5 lakhs on the odo, but there were hardly any rattles inside the bus. Speaks volumes about the quality of the body! The acceleration too was superb. The driver was fast, but not rash. We had a halt of about 15 minutes at Center Point hotel, Lonavala.

Overall an enjoyable ride. But there were a couple of negatives:
  1. The halts at Aundh and maitri park were a tad too long. The Aundh halt was almost 15 minutes long.
  2. Getting to NH-4 from Aundh too was a pain. Due to the extended Aundh halt and this, it took 1 hour to get to the expressway, inspite of getting clear roads in Pune.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 23:46   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,558
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Had a journey by a Shivneri on Sunday. It was the 3.45 pm Pune - Dadar service. Departed Pune at 4 and reached Dadar at 7.45. Overall the experience was good. Booking counter at Pune was well managed. Got the usual bottle of water and newspaper with the ticket.

Our seats were in the 3rd row from behind, but still the ride was extremely comfortable. The bus had 5 lakhs on the odo, but there were hardly any rattles inside the bus. Speaks volumes about the quality of the body! The acceleration too was superb. The driver was fast, but not rash. We had a halt of about 15 minutes at Center Point hotel, Lonavala.

Overall an enjoyable ride. But there were a couple of negatives:
  1. The halts at Aundh and maitri park were a tad too long. The Aundh halt was almost 15 minutes long.
  2. Getting to NH-4 from Aundh too was a pain. Due to the extended Aundh halt and this, it took 1 hour to get to the expressway, inspite of getting clear roads in Pune.
Lucky You !!

I did not get any water or newspaper.

Yes I Agree on the Aundh & Chembur part. Aundh halt is way too long. The Driver goes into the bus-office at Chembur and takes 15 mins. People alight for Tea/smoke/toilet and add 5 mins delay there
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 09:49   #100
BHPian
 
AkMar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 767
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Lucky You !!

I did not get any water or newspaper.
AFAIK, water bottle and newspapers are not provided in Borivali - Pune services. They are provided only in Dadar - Pune sector (assuming that you are referring to the Borivali - Pune journey that you have posted on the previous page).
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 11:05   #101
Newbie
 
RallyMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Thane
Posts: 16
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Did 4 years travelling up and down Thane-Pune (Hinjewadi) and Shivneri was the preferred choice. Loved the Volvo buses. MSRTC later introduced Tata Buses as Shivneri this was indeed horrible. Later they introduced King Long buses which was better than Tata for sure but Volvo remains the best.
RallyMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 19:30   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,558
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
AFAIK, water bottle and newspapers are not provided in Borivali - Pune services. They are provided only in Dadar - Pune sector (assuming that you are referring to the Borivali - Pune journey that you have posted on the previous page).
Wow !! This is surprising. Not sure why Borivali passengers are not provided water, whereas Dadar passengers do get. I could not think of any logical reasons.

On a similar note - Both KSRTC Volvos (Chennai-BLR via Hosur and via Kolar) offer water bottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
Did 4 years travelling up and down Thane-Pune (Hinjewadi) and Shivneri was the preferred choice. Loved the Volvo buses. MSRTC later introduced Tata Buses as Shivneri this was indeed horrible. Later they introduced King Long buses which was better than Tata for sure but Volvo remains the best.
I am sold on Shivneri. THe next time i visit Pune, I will take Shivneri only. People flock to shivneri, which itself proves that it is far better than private ones.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 19:48   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
binaiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KL-47 // KA-51
Posts: 1,709
Thanked: 782 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Wow !! This is surprising. Not sure why Borivali passengers are not provided water, whereas Dadar passengers do get. I could not think of any logical reasons.
AFAIK, the services on the Pune-Dadar-Pune route are sponsored by some company. In the earlier days, that was sponsored by Mid-Day. I am not sure of the current condition.
binaiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:14   #104
BHPian
 
coriollis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MH-14 MH 12
Posts: 198
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Wow !! This is surprising. Not sure why Borivali passengers are not provided water, whereas Dadar passengers do get. I could not think of any logical reasons.
It is just negligence on the customer as well as the service provider. You have to ask/ demand specifically at the starting point itself. When boarded en route, be sure you will not get water on Dadar Pune service as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
AFAIK, the services on the Pune-Dadar-Pune route are sponsored by some company. In the earlier days, that was sponsored by Mid-Day. I am not sure of the current condition.
While advertizing the Shivneri service, MSRTC has said it will provide water bottle in the decided fare as standard. Now whether it is sponsored or not, it is MSRTC`s responsibility to make it available.
Maybe this is our agreed way of life, that to shout and beg for our own promised rights.
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 11:27   #105
BHPian
 
d_himan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 674
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Shivneri Bus Services : Dadar - Pune - Dadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
It is just negligence on the customer as well as the service provider. You have to ask/ demand specifically at the starting point itself. When boarded en route, be sure you will not get water on Dadar Pune service as well.
This is right. When you don't board from the starting point, there is usually no water bottle given. Sometimes, the driver keeps a carton of water bottles next to him. Interested passengers who board en-route can take the same. Reckon these are the honest drivers - the rest would be siphoning off.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Select Auto Garage - Sunil Shanbaug (Dadar, Mumbai) Sahil Mumbai 59 28th March 2017 11:29
Early 20th century road infrastructure/bus transport services/automobile traffic Stefan Tetzlaff Pre-War 35 15th December 2015 07:35
Around Pune : Go SLO - Shivneri, Lenyadri, Ozar pjbiju Travelogues 16 29th June 2014 23:30
Help regarding Bus services from Cochin Airport emkay456 Route / Travel Queries 3 3rd January 2011 13:53
Golden Zen with TBHP stickers around Dadar? aalaap Shifting gears 10 24th September 2004 09:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks