Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Commercial Vehicles


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 11:08   #16
BHPian
 
nikhilj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Using "White Plate" Private Cars as Cars-for-hire and Cabs [Delhi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As far as I know, taxis - whether Uber or otherwise - must have a yellow plate only. As hserus posted, white plate cars on hire are illegal. The taxi union has lodged several protests against this practice.
Ohh. So, isn't there ANY way to make money off a car with white plates legally? (Just curious)
(Like getting it chartered with an Office, or Giving it for Daily/Hourly Self-Drice Hire, etc)
nikhilj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2015, 11:44   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,895
Thanked: 1,942 Times
Default Re: Using "White Plate" Private Cars as Cars-for-hire and Cabs [Delhi]

Your insurance would get invalidated, to start with - there is some fine print there about not making any commercial use of the vehicle.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2015, 13:45   #18
BHPian
 
couswheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 152 Times
Default

For driving a taxi, shouldn't one have a commercial driving license ? Believe our normal license would carry a word 'Non Transport' vehicle license.
couswheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2015, 16:36   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,734
Thanked: 89,233 Times
Default Re: Converting Private Car to Commercial Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilj View Post
Ohh. So, isn't there ANY way to make money off a car with white plates legally?
Legally, I don't believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Your insurance would get invalidated, to start with - there is some fine print there about not making any commercial use of the vehicle.
Good point! I remember an insurance case quoted on the forum where the claim was rejected, as the vehicle was being used commercially (but registered / insured privately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
For driving a taxi, shouldn't one have a commercial driving license ? Believe our normal license would carry a word 'Non Transport' vehicle license.
Yes - Sample link from Delhi. Renewal is required every 3 years.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2015, 18:54   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
GrammarNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,620 Times
Default Re: Using "White Plate" Private Cars as Cars-for-hire and Cabs [Delhi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilj View Post
Ohh. So, isn't there ANY way to make money off a car with white plates legally? (Just curious)
(Like getting it chartered with an Office, or Giving it for Daily/Hourly Self-Drice Hire, etc)
Yes there is (not on hire though), IIRC there was this advertisement company that paid private cars if you let them wrap it with an Advt. around the cars' body & and drove for a certain minimum number of kilometers for the month.

The discussion was on T-BHP itself, can't find it.

Basically IIRC people concluded it wasn't preferable for anyone to do such a thing.

Edit
:
here it is (New Deal - Put Ads on your car, get paid every month!)
&
the Advt company.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 14th June 2015 at 19:04.
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 13:02   #21
BHPian
 
nikhilj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Using "White Plate" Private Cars as Cars-for-hire and Cabs [Delhi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Yes there is (not on hire though), IIRC there was this advertisement company that paid private cars if you let them wrap it with an Advt. around the cars' body & and drove for a certain minimum number of kilometers for the month.

The discussion was on T-BHP itself, can't find it.

Basically IIRC people concluded it wasn't preferable for anyone to do such a thing.

Edit
:
here it is (New Deal - Put Ads on your car, get paid every month!)
&
the Advt company.
Well, the whole point of not having Yelow plates ,os that the vehicle can be used for personal use as well.
Having a Yellow Plate is far more preferable to having ur car wrapped around in Ads

Thanks for the suggestion though
nikhilj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 00:40   #22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 15
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Converting Private Car to Commercial Registration

Uber/Ola as a matter of fact require a commercially registered vehicle and a driver with commercial license for enrollment.

I have a swift dzire running on their platform. Currently i want to sell off the car. Someone told me that commercial cars in Delhi which are less than 3 years old, their ownership cannot be transferred. Is it true?? This vehicle is just 8 months old.

How do i go about on selling it.
abhisek.parija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 16:41   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Converting Private Car to Commercial Registration

Hi All,

I wish to purchase a second hand car. I have heard that some unscrupulous people run their cars as a commercial vehicle for high 6 digit kms, convert to a private number thereafter and then tamper with the odometer to show low 5 digit kms and sell their cars.

Is it possible to know if a private car was on a commercial number earlier so that I can safeguard myself from such scams. Am not sure if the VAHAN SMS service will reveal this. Please help.

Regards

Gokul Mani
gokulmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 23:34   #24
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Converting Private Car to Commercial Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisek.parija View Post
Uber/Ola as a matter of fact require a commercially registered vehicle and a driver with commercial license for enrollment.

I have a swift dzire running on their platform. Currently i want to sell off the car. Someone told me that commercial cars in Delhi which are less than 3 years old, their ownership cannot be transferred. Is it true?? This vehicle is just 8 months old.

How do i go about on selling it.

Yes, it's true, but why you want to transfer, so early
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Procedure for converting commercial vehicles to private vehicles honeybee Commercial Vehicles 19 16th September 2017 16:12
Transfering from Company registration to Individual registration joshi_pravin The Indian Car Scene 11 5th September 2016 10:11
Isuzu D-Max in Tamil Nadu: Paint it yellow for commercial registration? arjuna_r Commercial Vehicles 15 17th September 2015 19:20
SWIFT - Delhi Registration V/s Gurgaon Registration Tarunl Indian Car Dealerships 27 15th August 2010 06:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks