Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2014, 20:26   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,378
Thanked: 9,845 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
My point is actually the opposite , as a segment the car is lower but when it comes to the 3M classification they should be the same - which is LARGE and hence the same charges should apply to both , the only thing i can think of is they classified the civic in an even bigger category.
When I had a talk with the Store Manager if 3M, Hyderabad a few days back I remember him telling that they follow the SIAM's vehicular classification to decide on the rates to be charged.

From out forum thread on classification, here is the image posted by GTO:

Name:  What sits where.JPG
Views: 3783
Size:  83.2 KB

Going the image:

Swift = Compact
Linea = C2
Civic = D1 (I suspect).

Hence the price difference. But now my worry is for the Swift I am being charged 1448 even being 2 classes lower than the Civic.

Shall talk to them again and clear the doubt here. Shall update the thread soon.

Can you ask your friend how much was the final bill he had to pay for the same?

Thanks,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 20:29   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,425
Thanked: 743 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

He has actually put the costs on the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...uth-delhi.html (Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (South Delhi))


"GermiClean was INR 2190 + tax, and Wash+wax was INR 1090 + tax. Total with tax was INR 3686."

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Can you ask your friend how much was the final bill he had to pay for the same?

Thanks,
Anurag.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 21:54   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 36
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

This was my last visit to this 3M centre as I am planning to drive back to Bangalore next month.

Ended my relationship with these guys by buying some chocolates and distributing it to all the guys working there. Good bunch of guys and hope they maintain the same standards.
I had my first visit to the 3M center to get a power shine treatment done (details listed below) for my new car (yes it's a brand new car, but it's dark maroon, and the way Ring Road Honda stored the vehicle in an open stockyard, where I suspect they dry-dusted the car often, there were lots of swirls all over). I met Anurag and he was talking to one of the workers about a "last visit of the white Civic as the owner was moving" - I instantly knew it must have been you - so I asked him and he indeed was talking about "Nikhil B". He said you were one of the first customers there when they opened last Oct-Nov.
Rest assured, they all will remember you

About the treatment:

As I mentioned, there were minor swirls all over with some significant scratches over the rear left quarterpanel - my guess is a fuel hose was dragged over the surface at a fuel station.

Power shine involves:
(Before they start, they do a general vaccuming of the car with washing the mats and all and a basic wipe down of the interior for any visible dust/dirt for every car - no matter what treatment/procedure you're getting done on the car)
- Foam wash
- Claying
- Mild Rubbing with a rubbing compound
- Polishing
- Waxing (3M's brand of Carnauba wax, not a synthetic paint sealant)
Cost with taxes ~3700

How was it? I was thoroughly impressed! They do put in the time needed (the above took slightly over 3 hours by 4-6 guys)

I think my car and this 3M center are going to have a long relationship.

Also got a couple of microfibre cloths and a Meguiar's tech wax nxt 2.0 (the word 'wax' in the name is a misnomer - it's actually a synthetic polymer sealant - I know many purists here will suggest natural Carnauba instead, but given the dust, heat, pollution and smog in Gurgaon, I don't think anything less than a sealant will do).

A word of advice to anyone planning a pamper-your-car visit - try to do it on a weekday (non-holiday), they're packed on the weekends and your ride will get a slightly better treatment on a weekday.

Also, I asked if they can do the final waxing with a product I provide rather than their own (I was planning Collinite 915), but Anurag said that being a 3M franchisee store, they stick to the book with their treatments - so an outside product can't be accommodated. (FYI in case someone's wondering)

Last edited by Travis : 30th March 2014 at 21:58.
Travis is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 19:16   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 559
Thanked: 2,227 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

I learnt of 3M Gurgaon through Team BHP. Tried it out today on my Skoda Superb. Quality of work is good and service attitude is positive. I have signed up for a package deal for a year and will take my Honda Jazz there later in the month. If you are willing to spend a few thousand rupees this is well worth it.- Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 09:52   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 144
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

My experience after repeated visits is as under:

a) quality of work remains as good as the first experience.
b) they LOVE to polish the cars and recommend it to everybody, even the new car owners. I don't subscribe to the view of removing a layer of clear coat at the drop of hat, especially on a new car.
c) they want to sell you something, even floor mats when you already have 3D mats.
d) as the volumes have picked up, they prefer to deal with customers who go for swirl treatments. Anybody going for simple wash/wax is not too welcome now (purely based on body language).
e) continue to be inflexible. Won't spray water on the underbody, won't do only washing, claying and waxing even if you are ready to pay. You need to choose between packages on offer.

I still go to them for getting a car wash and at times add a wax coating as they seem disheartened by prospects of super low billing.
bloodred is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 12:51   #51
XD2
BHPian
 
XD2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: HR-26
Posts: 58
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Visited this place recently to have a wash+wax done for my Thar covered in a ton of dust. I must say the place is very well maintained and run. A very courteous and responsive staff executing the job to good detail. The process they followed - with the foam wash and polishing shows good results. Will definitely be going back again.
Attached Images
 
XD2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 14:08   #52
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 30km. from IGI.
Posts: 385
Thanked: 519 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
My experience after repeated visits is as under:

a) quality of work remains as good as the first experience.
b) they LOVE to polish the cars and recommend it to everybody, even the new car owners. I don't subscribe to the view of removing a layer of clear coat at the drop of hat, especially on a new car.
c) they want to sell you something, even floor mats when you already have 3D mats.
d) as the volumes have picked up, they prefer to deal with customers who go for swirl treatments. Anybody going for simple wash/wax is not too welcome now (purely based on body language).
e) continue to be inflexible. Won't spray water on the underbody, won't do only washing, claying and waxing even if you are ready to pay. You need to choose between packages on offer.

I still go to them for getting a car wash and at times add a wax coating as they seem disheartened by prospects of super low billing.
True that. Their quality is pretty good, but their hardselling is disheartening at times. IMHO a customer even when he is getting a simple wrap job done should be treated equally.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 17:08   #53
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

I had recently bought a 2011 Laura TSI and wanted the car detailed. Read up about these guys on this very thread and paid them a visit last Sunday. I was expecting hardsell and true to that expectation, I was sold the highest detailing package by these guys - Germkleen and Paint sealant advanced - for a total sum of 10k. The interiors of the car I bought were dirty and there were swirl marks all over so I really wanted a good job to be done on it. Hence played along and bought that package.

I didnt know that I would end up pretty dissapointed on multiple counts. My experience with them left a lot to be desired - both on the attitude front and on the detailing front. They did a pretty hurried job with my car. My main issues with the job were:

a) Swirl marks are still visible all over. If they cant remove those with their best exterior package then they really cant remove them.

b) Interiors are still dirty in patches - one of the headrest looks as if it wasnt touched at all (the seats are all fabric ones in beige colour). Carpetting in multiple places still has dirt.

c) My seats were left pretty much soaking wet. After getting home, I used a towel to soak water from the seats. The towel was all wet after going over only the front 2 seats. AND the white towel was brown in color after soaking water from the seats. So plenty of dirt and water left in the seats. The seats - after 2 full days - are still not fully dry. This after I have left window panes partially open throughout past 2 days.

d) They messed up the central window controller module on my car. This in fact is my biggest grouse with them. All 4 window buttons near the driver's armrest are not working. Actually I called them in the evening to check on picking up my car. Thats when they tell me that my driver side window is not going up. Now it is is not too unrealistic for me to assume that someone messed it up while washing and the part was exposed to water/moisture. However they would have none of that. One of the guys even suggested to me that since I have bought a 'used' car these things happen in such cars. With luck the driver side glass closed fully on their premises. I checked all 4 windows with the remote in my hands and all worked fine. I should have checked the operation of all 4 windows from the controller on driver side before leaving their workshop. When I pulled over for petrol at a pump near my house I realized that none of the window switches were working from the controller. Even after 2 days one or 2 switches work on a random basis and the front 2 look as if they are gone for good. This when all four switches were working absolutely fine with zero glitches before I gave my car to these guys. The replacement part has been quoted at 20k by Skoda.

There are other pain points also but am not listing every single one of them. Suffice to say that they really did a shoddy job with my car. This despite selling me the highest detailing package they potentially could. I was there for an hour or so towards the end of it and everybody was just trying to get it over with. All of it was pretty contrary to what I had read up on this thread. Their work can probably be called decent if I was paying half the money for it. But for 10k I expected a lot better than what they dished out. Any usual detailer should have done the job they did for half or less than half the price that they charged me. So all in all I am pretty dissapointed by the quality of their work as well as customer treatment. For sure they have seen the last of me and my business.

Last edited by Cesc : 25th November 2014 at 17:09.
Cesc is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 23:15   #54
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 30km. from IGI.
Posts: 385
Thanked: 519 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

There are other pain points also but am not listing every single one of them. Suffice to say that they really did a shoddy job with my car. This despite selling me the highest detailing package they potentially could. I was there for an hour or so towards the end of it and everybody was just trying to get it over with. All of it was pretty contrary to what I had read up on this thread. Their work can probably be called decent if I was paying half the money for it. But for 10k I expected a lot better than what they dished out. Any usual detailer should have done the job they did for half or less than half the price that they charged me. So all in all I am pretty dissapointed by the quality of their work as well as customer treatment. For sure they have seen the last of me and my business.
I am not blaming you here, but I dont see the point in not going to them and bashing them verbally for this act. Either by threatening to put up reviews everywhere or take them to the court. If I was in your place, I wouldn't have accepted it and paid for it.
But, as I said before they are good till just a foam wash for me.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 15:22   #55
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

To be honest, I was completely taken aback by their attitude. As anyone else who has gone through this entire thread, I was really expecting top notch people and a top notch job. Anurag himself dismissed it right out of hand that my malfunctioning window controller module had anything to do with their work. Rest of the staff all sang different tunes. One kept on harping about how they stuck to their SOP and hence nothing worng could have happened and there was this another guy who told me how 'used' cars have parts that keep on failing. It is pretty clear to me that they are solely responsible for messing up my window controller. That part is not working even today when it had zero issues before going to them. And the controller module sits on the driver side door pad which they washed/steamed. It is clear that they didnt mask the electronics properly and hence I am staring at an unnecessary and substantial expense.

Upfront people are open to reasoning and thats what I tried to do with them. When they note down every single scratch on the car so that customer cant claim damage from them then what about damage that actually happens in their workshop? It should be a two way street. I said as much to them but until the end not a single person wanted to assume any kind of responsibility. A botched detailing job and damage is what I got from them.

Can I do something about it? I absolutely can. To be honest I would not even need the courts to get them to cough up the money for the part. I am a local here and have enough pull for those kind of things. Its just that I dont want to go down that route because theres a lot else going on in my life. Moreover good customer service in our entire country is nearly non-existent. I was basically naive in expecting these guys to be good professionals. I just wrote about my experience here so that people who read this thread have the right expectations when they go to them.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 18:57   #56
XD2
BHPian
 
XD2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: HR-26
Posts: 58
Thanked: 175 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
...
...

c) My seats were left pretty much soaking wet. After getting home, I used a towel to soak water from the seats. The towel was all wet after going over only the front 2 seats. AND the white towel was brown in color after soaking water from the seats. So plenty of dirt and water left in the seats. The seats - after 2 full days - are still not fully dry. This after I have left window panes partially open throughout past 2 days.
Sad to know the way it turned out for you.

Was there any explanation as to why the seats turned out wet. Any treatment that leaves any liquid residue applied on the interiors would be a big no. I'd be surprised if 3m products did that.

Any chance a window was left open when they would have taken the car for the wash. That could be one possible explanation.
XD2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 01:41   #57
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 30km. from IGI.
Posts: 385
Thanked: 519 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

Can I do something about it? I absolutely can. To be honest I would not even need the courts to get them to cough up the money for the part. I am a local here and have enough pull for those kind of things. Its just that I dont want to go down that route because theres a lot else going on in my life. Moreover good customer service in our entire country is nearly non-existent. I was basically naive in expecting these guys to be good professionals. I just wrote about my experience here so that people who read this thread have the right expectations when they go to them.
Respect for you buddy. Ping me if you need me to help you out with the matter. Available all the time for fellow BHP'ians. None the less, its shocking that such a big dealership takes such an attitude and moreover washes their hands away from such a big goof up.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 11:32   #58
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 597
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD2 View Post
Was there any explanation as to why the seats turned out wet. Any treatment that leaves any liquid residue applied on the interiors would be a big no. I'd be surprised if 3m products did that.

Any chance a window was left open when they would have taken the car for the wash. That could be one possible explanation.
Nope no explanation. I was told the seats were wet whic is usually the case when interiors are cleaned. A polythene was laid out on the driver's seat. I sat on that and drove away. Realized soon after that the seats were really wet because the water seeped over the polythene and my jeans was all wet in a few minutes. A brownish looking jeans is another casualty from their detailing job. I dont know what they applied. Just know that the seats were really wet and the water comning out was pretty brownish.

I actually dropped the car at their workshop so I dont know wether or not they left anything open/unmasked while washing. But there is a large fabric insert on the door pad just above the window controller. Either they messed it up while cleaning that fabric insert or they left something open while washing. God knows.

The windows controller notwithstanding their core product - car detailing- itself dissapointed me. So as much as the window controller is a financial loss for me, I dont want that to be the sole focus of people reading up my experience. The focus should be their poor detailing and even poorer attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Respect for you buddy. Ping me if you need me to help you out with the matter. Available all the time for fellow BHP'ians. None the less, its shocking that such a big dealership takes such an attitude and moreover washes their hands away from such a big goof up.
Thanks for your help offer brother. Much appreciated.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 12:14   #59
BHPian
 
married2speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 215
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Echo the thoughts. A visit yesterday for an interior clean had people pushing an exterior package down my throat - not blaming anyone but the focus seems to have shifted to garner more $$$. The quality still exists but perhaps the percentage has come down and the overall experience leaves you with a thought if it was worth it rather than leave the place a big grin.
married2speed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 14:01   #60
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Had a slightly disappointing incident with 3M gurgaon too which put me off. I have an annual exterior treatment package running on my BMW with them and wanted to get a foam wash done as part of the package. Usually I would have just taken the car since foam wash hardly takes more than an hour but it being a sunday I asked my sister to call them first. They told her they don't do package cars on weekends and will do the same only on a weekday. Now this is very unprofessional as no where have they mentioned the same in the terms and conditions or conveyed it to us at the time of purchase. I would honestly have accepted the simple excuse that they were busy on a sunday even if it was a lie. But this excuse that they gave me just shows that they are only bothered till the time you are paying and once you have done that, the treatment, tone and ethics change!!

Anyways Sister took the car the next day i.e. Monday for the foam wash. Anurag wasn't there both the times and anyways I am not the sort of person who complains. I just stop visiting. Next time going to give the car to someone who is more passionate about this like Sparkle Detailing. 3M lost me as a customer once my pack runs over in February.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Pune) moralfibre Other Cities 141 6th October 2016 20:58
Car Detailing Center/Car Care - Kforce (Madinaguda, Hyderabad) kanwal Other Cities 32 6th October 2015 15:06
Professional Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Borivali, Mumbai) raj_5004 Mumbai 75 1st September 2015 13:58
Car Detailing : 3M Car Care (UB City, Bangalore) sandeepmohan Bangalore 21 30th October 2013 19:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks