Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 4th September 2016, 12:22   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

I have been using the 3M Gurgaon unit for the last 2 years on all 4 of our family cars. The quality and service is very good and timely. On 3 of the 4 cars I have pre-paid coupons which allows me to send the car with a driver without my having to go there to pay. It costs a bit but worth it.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2016, 11:22   #77
BANNED

I enquired 3M for the underbody rubber coating for my Sx4. There were 2 rates provided to me 1) Rs 2,000 (this will last for 2 years) 2) 5,000 (material lasts for 5 years).

Just want to know, is there a significant difference between the 2 options?
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 17:52   #78
BHPian

Hello Rachit

Get Duragloss 905 Car Wash Concentrate Packet from bringingbest.in , as this shampoo doesn't wash away the wax .

http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...product_id=117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am pretty regular there. The wax they use is on the softer side so it does not last very long.
Also, local boy washing the car everyday will reduce the wax effect for any polish. Some might last 2 weeks.

My car stays covered under a cover and I use the Jopasu duster to dust it. Even then the shine does not last for more than 2 weeks. Gurgaon is very dusty. Honestly so far I have not seen any polish lasting more than 3 weeks on my car. I have used Colinite 845, Meguiars Ultimate wax, Chemical brothers black light and what not.

This is a continuous fight that I guess we will have to keep fighting.

Rachit
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 22:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Rachit

Get Duragloss 905 Car Wash Concentrate Packet from bringingbest.in , as this shampoo doesn't wash away the wax .

http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...product_id=117
Cool. Thank you sir.
Will try and get it and then will take along when getting the car washed.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2016, 14:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guys, have they stopped doing foam wash these days? I called up and asked for UV protect treatment and they said they would be doing water-less wash. Is that different from foam wash?
My car is way too dirty as i just drove back from Mumbai hence wanted to have it either steam or pressure washed. But the guy said that it would be fine with water-less wash.

Do you guys think UV treatment would be fine in order to get it cleaned properly?
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 18:26   #81
BHPian

Guys, my Ciaz have completed one year - looking for some polish/shine/waxing/swirl removal work done on it ( The car had a coating of 100plus Waxoyl sealent applied a year back). Apart from 3M, any other known detailer who can work on this ?

Second question, interiors being beige in color, any dry cleaning outlet someone is aware who can take the seats out, and give a carpet a good rub ? Roof and Doors are done by anyone in this business - but I am looking specifically for carpet area. I have seen this kind of service in Delhi near Karol Bagh - but looking for something similar in Gurgaon.
ptaneja is offline   Reply With Quote