Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 15th September 2016, 16:02   #1
Default Detailing & related services - 3M Car Care (Sector 10, Noida)

The 3M Car Care outlet in Noida has not been listed in our directory. I think it is worth listing. So here goes.

Works handled:
Car Detailing
Paint protection
Other standard offerings by a 3M Car Care outlet

What I like:
Bright, clean work area
Attention to detail
Competent staff

What work I had done from them:
Paint protection / sealant on VW Vento

Pricing: Rs.3,600 plus taxes, total Rs.4,100

Contact Details:
FS Motors, A4, Sector 10, Noida
Phone: 098188 84477, 0120 424 2475
Owner: Ranpreet Singh
Landmark: near those road side furniture shops on the road from DND to Barabais (please refer maps at end of post)

it is a decent sized establishment, not very spacious but not cramped either. The waiting area is a bit small though. The owner Ranpreet is knowledgeable and professional; during a chat he told me he did Business Management in the UK. He is a young chap. He stuck to the timing promised and delivered the car just 15 minutes later than promised.

As you drive into the shop there is a straight driveway which they also use as work area; it is very well lit. At the end of the driveway, off it on the left is an enclosed wash area. Off this driveway, on the left again, next to the wash area are three car bays / work areas. Overall the layout is quite neat and logical.

The staff are quite thorough and know their job. While I took the Essential Paint Sealant package, they also cleaned and rubbed cleaning compound on the tyres and plastic parts, even in the engine bay. I specifically requested Ranpreet not to wash / spray the engine, so they did not.

They did the following jobs as part of Paint Sealant package:
Spray wash and wipe dry with micro fibre cloth
Apply 3M clay (I missed watching this step)
Apply 3M polish: applied with rotary polisher using foam pad. Masking tape and paper was applied on strategic locations, but not over entire glass area.

Apply 3M wax sealant with a foam pad by hand and rub in with micro fibre cloth

Clean all rubber, plastic and glass thoroughly, including engine bay, tyres, mmedia unit screen and MFD glass.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with their work.

The owner of this outlet tells me the coating / sealant will last 8 months. My only worry is how the 3M coating will withstand being cleaned with the salty water of Noida. I am a sucker for brands, so I will keep going to 3M Car Care outlets until such time similar options come up. I will not go to a local outlet which purportedly uses better products, because it does not carry the assurance of quality workmanship and material that a branded outlet gives.
Attached Thumbnails
Detailing & related services - 3M Car Care (Sector 10, Noida)-map-1.jpg  

Detailing & related services - 3M Car Care (Sector 10, Noida)-map-2.jpg  

Guite is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 00:36   #2
Default re: Detailing & related services - 3M Car Care (Sector 10, Noida)

I got 3m Paint Protection done on my Honda City last year and it costed me approx Rs. 6,000. Have they reduced their prices? Also the sealant will didnt last for more than 2 months in my case.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote