Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 29th May 2017, 14:10   #1
BHPian

Default Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)

Ramesh and Rakesh are two brothers who run a Body Work Workshop in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. They undertake complete Dent-Paint jobs for all cars.

Their numbers are as follows :
Ramesh (The elder brother and the boss, he's standing on the left in the pics) : 9971475702
Rakesh (Younger brother who is really sweet and hard working):9560029743

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-img_3821.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-img_3823.jpg

They work from a small space on Aruna Asaf Ali Road, Vasant Kunj, very close to Fortis Hospital. If you are driving from Fortis Hospital towards JNU on Aruna Asaf Ali Road their workshop is just about 400 mts on the right. The location on google maps is here.

I have been using their services for the last 8-9 years. I had casually mentioned about them in a post on team-bhp once when I got my Toyota Camry's Bumper repaired and painted. I had not even posted their phone number then, and still a lot of folks from Team-BHP reached them and got their work done. If you contact them you can give them my (Amit from C9, Vasant Kunj who got the Grand Vitara Done) reference.

Last week I bought a Grand Vitara 2007 of a friend which was in a pretty bad shape, and took upon myself to restore it perfect condition.
They did an excellent Denting Painting job on the Grand Vitara, and I thought it is time I posted their services in the team-bhp NCR Directory.

First about the services

The good things :
1. They are excellent in their work.
2. Both brothers are really soft spoken and hard working.
3. Ramesh specially has an eye for detail and is a perfectionist.
4. They really care for customer satisfaction. They will do anything to make sure you are satisfied. For example when the paint job on my Vitara was complete, at another place the Tail light was replaced and there some scratches were made on the newly painted rear bumper. They repainted the bumper at no extra cost although it was not their fault.
5. Last but most important - They are really reasonable. They will cost you a fraction of what you will be charged for the same work at any Authorized Service Center.
6. Ramesh can source all parts including Bumpers, panels etc at a very reasonable cost.
7. There is a MGP-GAPL store just across the road from them. If you want to get your own parts for a Maruti Vehicle just get them from there. In the second picture above, where you see the red board, The GAPL MGP store is in that building is on the other side of Aruna Asaf Ali Marg.

The small issues :
1. They are roadside operators and do not have a paint booth.
2. They do a lot of work for Taxis so sometimes you have to remind them that when they are working for people like us we don't mind a little extra expense as long as job is done perfectly.
3. They sometimes take up more cars than they can handle and then take time. What I do is give them a heads-up about the job a week in advance. I then tell them to call me when they do not have too many cars, they will have time and they can finish the job fast.
4. The place where they work from is a little congested.

Now I will let the pictures of before and after of my Grand Vitara do the talking. The following things were done in this :
1. Front Bumper replaced
2. Both Front Fender Linings Replaced
3. Body panels fixed properly.
4. Painting of complete both sides including doors, front and rear fender.
Painting of Front and Rear Bumpers, and the Spare Tyre cover at the back.
5. Rear Bumper was repaired.
I got all the new parts required from the MGP Store across the road.
It costed me under 18K for the whole Dent-Paint job with them.

Grand Vitara : Before Pictures

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitara1.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitara2.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitara3.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitara4.jpg

Grand Vitara -After Pictures

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew1.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew2.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew3.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew4.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew5.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew6.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew7.jpg
Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-vitaranew8.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2017 at 08:48. Reason: As requested
Styler is offline   (17) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 16:45   #2
BHPian

Default re: Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)

I found the link where I had posted details of the bumper repair of my Toyota Camry a few years ago by Ramesh and Rakesh.

Here is the thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3052161 (Dent on my swift)

And Here are the Pictures

Before

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-img_0748.jpg

AFTER

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-img_0753.jpg

Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)-img_0754.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Re-uploading pic as attachment. Thanks for sharing!
Styler is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 10:49   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I have been using their services for the last 8-9 years. I had casually mentioned about them in a post on team-bhp once when I got my Toyota Camry's Bumper repaired and painted. I had not even posted their phone number then, and still a lot of folks from Team-BHP reached them and got their work done.
Thanks for sharing! The after-market is the best for old cars.

Quote:
They did an excellent Denting Painting job on the Grand Vitara
Looks good and a steal for 18k. White cars are usually the toughest to colour-match as the original paint gets yellow'ish with time. The difference is always visible in pics, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this job.

Quote:
There is an MGP-GAPL store just across the road from them. If you want to get your own parts for a Maruti Vehicle just get them from there. In the second picture above, where you see the red board, The GAPL MGP store is in that building is on the other side of Aruna Asaf Ali Marg
Hahaha! How convenient. They have half the market covered then (Maruti = 50% market share).

These are exactly the kind of hidden gems that the Team-BHP Directory was created for. Thanks again for sharing!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 23:07   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Denting, Painting & Bodywork : Ramesh and Rakesh (Vasant Kunj, Delhi)

I saw this thread and decided to try them instead of going to a VW service station. My Vento went over a pothole at high speed and the underbody protector took a hit, front bumper got dislocated and radiator assembly was broken. Could barely drag the car home at 12 in the night! Service center would have charged me a good 25-30K for this out of which insurance would have covered just half plus I would have lost my 50% NCB forever.

Ramesh explained to me the damage and my options-

1) They could repair the damage but it won't be very sturdy so I'll have to be careful
2) He could source new parts and replace
3) He could arrange used parts from mayapuri with one day notice

I opted for repair as I only use the car for city travel so another serious hit is unlikely and in any case, I could always get it changed later if it comes to it.

Total damage came to just Rs. 2200 and the entire job was done in less than half a day despite there being some 30+ cars at the workshop. Overall quite satisfied and would recommend the shop to everyone, Thanks for sharing!
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 22:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for the denting painting job on the Vitara. But still a little weary of the paint work without the paint booth. How well does it hold up over the years? MGP generally charges about 5000 per panel for denting and painting but the quality is quite good. Styler, How long did the Camry paint job last? What I have heard is that the roadside paint generally doesn't last for more than a couple of years and starts to break. Is it so?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 09:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I am looking for the denting painting job on the Vitara. But still a little weary of the paint work without the paint booth. How well does it hold up over the years? MGP generally charges about 5000 per panel for denting and painting but the quality is quite good. Styler, How long did the Camry paint job last? What I have heard is that the roadside paint generally doesn't last for more than a couple of years and starts to break. Is it so?
Hi

The Camry bumper was painted around 3-4 years ago and it is still perfect. The Toyota Authorized workshop quoted 14K to replace the bumper and paint. My job was done for 2K.

If a panel / bumper is badly damaged and it is not replaced, some Denter Painters do apply a lot of filling and that tends to crack over time. What the Authorized service centers do is they will not repair a panel but simply replace it. A panel will not crack if you replace it and do not repair it even at a roadside dent-paint workshop.
Sure the quality at a workshop with a Paint Booth will always be better but then according to the price you mention (5K per panel) it is easily 4-6X the cost at a workshop like Ramesh's. I got both sides (8 panels), 2 bumpers, and Spare tyre cover dented painted. In all about 10 panels, and I spent less than 20K. If you got this done at an authorized workshop it would cost not less than 50-70K.

So it depends, if money is not a factor and you want to get a perfect job done go to the authorized workshop.

Styler

Last edited by Eddy : 13th September 2017 at 10:27. Reason: spacing for better readability
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 11:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information. As it seems I will be needing this work a lot as today morning itself I have received the news that the car carrier carrying my GV has toppled. The extent of damage is still not known and they have promised to send the pictures in an hour or so. Keeping my fingers crossed.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote