Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 30th August 2011, 13:24   #31
Default Re: Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)

This shop has moved around 500m towards Sec-14.I have visited this shop for my ice requirements but it is good only for buying. Installers are noob. Infact they installed my amplifier a little diagonally and inverted.Moreover they have no idea about tuning -gains,lpf,hpf etc..
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 13:03   #32

[quote=bloodred;2448909] The guy whom I bumped into didn't seem very interested to talk. Told him I'm looking for sunfilm for my Laura. He said he only stocks Garware and 3M (quoted some series which, given his eagerness to get over with me, I couldn't figure out despite knowing the series by heart). Asked him if he can fit CR / RE. He said no and ended the conversation. Was not at all interested to recommend anything else / make a sale.

You bet bloodred, their attitude will bring the doom to carplus.. and they are well on their way to it. Stocking up well on the back of huge pile of cash is no way to success but they seems to have miss this small bit of business acumen in this "connected" world
New.Novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 17:09   #33

Reliance Autozone is something which I can also recommend, having scouted the store for quite a few accessories and find them to be having a large quantity and variety in stock, including BMW authorised accessories, or at least what I found was that the store salesmen are having enough knowledge about the parts that you ask about, an indication that they mean business.
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 00:12   #34

Dealing with Autozone(Deepak and Gagan) for over three months now and here is my honest review.

Products/Parts the stock : All kinds of accessories for all majorly popular cars. They have all fancy accessories including Projectors, Alloy Wheels, Hella's(Authorised Dealers), ICE equipments(Good Stock), Seat Covers(Autoform), KnightRiders/Halo's , Perfume's and Sparco Accessories too.

Products I got[Esteem 2006] - Projectors with CCFL rings, Car Perfume, Tube Sub. + Amplifier, Dome Lights, Seat covers etc.

Installation time : They take a long time and there are noticeable delays even after you have 4 people working on your car. The Owners are nice and friendly, but expect them to fake you when it comes to the time of installation. I reached the place at 11. My seat covers were done at 2:50. A hefty 4 hours. The projectors took another 5 hours along with the ICE.

Installers : They are n00b. They do not understand the equipment. Their wiring is clumsy. They work like they are not paid for it. They often are inconsiderate and do not care about the equipment. My experience with them regarding the seat cover's was good, and that was it. My sub is underpowered(He never told me the amplifier is not powerful enough). They did not even told me about dampening the car(It does rattle a lot).

Pricing/VFM : Do not expect the to give discounts. The ICE was spot on MRP. The projectors were chinese and I was asked to pay Rs.11,500. The Same projectors are available for a healthy Rs.7500 at Ebay and Rs.8600 at Blaze(Chattarpur). Almost all their products are sold at MRP. When I told them I am a bhp'ian,they asked me for the car sticker which unexpectedly had to be removed when I got my bumpers touched up.So no discount on that part too.

Also, in these 3 months, both my CCFL ring relay's have been replaced once and I have been charged Rs. 1500 for a Rs.150 part. Overall, an unskilled and unwelcoming experience. I would suggest you to look for shops in Delhi, they are much courteous than hot headed Gurgaon'ites.
Also, do not head into Deepak. He is a rude chap. Gagan is nicer.

Last edited by devilwearsprada : 15th July 2013 at 00:13. Reason: Forgot to add a point.
devilwearsprada is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 11:38   #35

Spurred on by generally favorable reviews on team-bhp, I have got some work done by this store too.

Things installed
1. Red (with chrome inserts) side beading
2. Art Leather wrapped steering with red thread.
3. Autoform Seat Covers with red thread.

The good:
1. Friendly people. They love their gypsys and you can actually have a good conversation with them.
2. Resourceful - my red thread demand was unique. So was my red beading with chrome insert request for the Figo (Red figo - rarity in white obsessed north India) Stuff like Sparco etc is available.

The bad:
1. Was being billed for a higher model of autoform with 25% discount. Checked out the real prices and confronted them. They were evasive and then changed the pricing but this time with 23% discount and extra charges on CC payment (previously they claimed they don't charge extra)
The fraud was being propagated by the employee and one of the brothers kept quiet initially.
2. Too much time taken for installation.
You need to do constant supervision as the employees are not that enthusiastic.

The installation:
1. The seat cover has been in use for 4 months and is still perfect. So no problems there.
2. The steering wheel cover with red stitching was shoddy to begin with. But, no loose hanging threads so far.

Will I go there again: Most probably no unless its a small job.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 23:46   #36

A little update on my side. I was looking for Dynaedge 20/18 for my car and headed to Reliance Auto(Ambience). They did a nice clean and quick install. Also got a wax and a microfiber cloth from them. Nice Experience overall but they do have a limited and repetitive range. For Audio products, the best bet is to look for a shop like 'Driven' or 'Motor Concepts' who pioneer the Audio Installations.

Also, just another note : Living in Gurgaon for the last 18 years, it is better to go to Delhi and have the install done. It is a waste of your hard earned money when you come across rude chaps with zero Business Ethics and unprofessional attitude.
I had my Car AC repaired in Gurgaon once. The AC went kaput in two weeks. I was fortunately in Delhi, found a corner shop/repair guy and got the AC done for 150 Rs. It hasn't given me a problem for 5 months now.
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote