Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 34 64.15%
Recommended 15 28.30%
NOT Recommended 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th May 2013, 07:40   #31
akp
BHPian

Default Re: Tyre & Alloy Wheels - BK Tyres (Lajpat Nagar-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Please share the details of other dealer for benefit of all. Also, it would be great if you share your complete experience with him.
This was Tyre Emporium, in Malviya Nagar. You will find them in the list of dealers on the Michelin website. In fact, I had visited them first, as that is close to where I stay. But they didn't have four Michelins in stock then. After about a week, they still could not get new stock - so I decided to explore BK Tyres. Called Jitesh - he was very courteous and all, said he has tyres in stock, but one thing I didn't ask him over phone was the date of manufacture; and I have already mentioned the rest of my experience when I visited BK. So back to Tyre Emporium again. They said there are some supply issues but he hopes to get new stock in about a week. Finally three weeks from the date of my first visit, they got new stock, and I got the tyres from them.

For the 175/65 R15 energy XM2, other dealers (BK and Mahavir in Palika Bhavan) I talked to offered 4500/- that included wheel balancing, whereas Tyre emporium price was 4400/- including wheel alignment and balancing.
akp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 21:35   #32
BHPian

My 2cents on BK Tyres, Jitendra is an immensely helpful guy. And he is professional. I had exchanged my Thar OE rims and appollos the next day I took the delivery of the vehicle. He had asked me about my usage, my predicaments with the OE tyres, and helped me in the choice of what I wanted. 1 year down the line, whenever one asks me about tyres I refer them to Jitendra. Kudos to you and you can absolutely rely on him.
iMASKARAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 23:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMASKARAN View Post
My 2cents on BK Tyres, Jitendra is an immensely helpful guy. And he is professional. I had exchanged my Thar OE rims and appollos the next day I took the delivery of the vehicle. He had asked me about my usage, my predicaments with the OE tyres, and helped me in the choice of what I wanted. 1 year down the line, whenever one asks me about tyres I refer them to Jitendra. Kudos to you and you can absolutely rely on him.
iMASKARAN, I think you meant Jitesh, the younger brother.
Just for the information, elder one is Atul Bhaiya.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 16:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

I got my tyres and battery changed from BK yesterday. A rather mixed bag experience:

The Good
  • Called Jitesh before going and asked him if we had ZLOs of 195/60 R14 size in stock. He quoted me a price of 4100 per tyre (cheaper than what I was getting elsewhere). Also asked for a Verna CRDI battery. He said he did stock it, but was not aware of the price (as his uncle looks after the battery business). Asked me to come over.
  • Upon reaching the store, he brought the price down to 4k a tyre! Even the XM2, which I was considering as an option, was 5.8K (mostly 6K & upwards at other dealers). Listened to me patiently, and agreed that the 7.2K I'd be saving (by going for the ZLO) would be greater than whatever technological advantage I'd get with the XM2s.
  • These guys know the tech of tyres. (Showing off some knowledge I gleaned recently from SS-Traveller) When they mounted the tyres, I found they had matched the yellow dot (which indicates the lightest part of the tyre body) with the heaviest part of the rim (the valve tube). Not many tyre dealers are even aware of this.
  • The battery-wale uncle was also very helpful, guiding me with a choice between the 70amp Amaron (used in the Innova) and the much more expensive Exide Matrix for the Verna. I ultimately went for the latter, which he also gave at a 1K discount over market price.

The Bad
  • When the tyres reached the counter, I saw they were manufactured almost a year ago. He said he'd check if he had newer stock and went off into the godown (like AKP's experience on the previous page). He returned in 5 mins and said all 195/60 R14 tyres he had (all brands) were of 2012 make. Take it or leave it! Considering MRF offers a 6 year warranty on the ZLOs (as said by Jitesh), and I'm sure to use up the workable life of a tyre in 3-4 years, I reluctantly agreed.
  • Yesterday there were at least 7 cars which came for fitting new tyres. Plus battery-wale uncle was not at the store and came later. The net result was I waited almost 4 hrs at the store to fit new tyres and battery! Spent my time chatting with fellow owners, but too much waste of time for what is just a swap.
  • The store doesn't do alignment, just balancing. That too I didn't get a balancing report card, just relied on word-of-mouth. Moreover I categorically told them to set the pressure to 32, they said they had. The moment I drove off, instinctively I felt the tyre pressure was too low. Took it to a petrol pump and they found all tyres were set at 23!!
  • Nitpicking a little, but Jitesh offered me just Rs 100 per tyre as buyback for my good tyres. Another store had offered Rs 300.

Conclusion

Lets put it this way. Minku of Indo-radial Club (Kolkata) is a guy I trust blindly for advice and rates, and I wouldn't have even called any other dealer had I been in Kolkata. Jitesh gave me a very good price deal, but little niggling issues fell short of developing a similar relationship.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 9th June 2013 at 16:29.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 16:36   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
...set the pressure to 32...
...all tyres were set at 23!!
Obviously they have a dyslexic fellow checking tyre pressure.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 16:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Obviously they have a dyslexic fellow checking tyre pressure.
Yeah obviously. Thank God MRF doesn't make a tyre called the OLZ!
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 17:20   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Yeah obviously. Thank God MRF doesn't make a tyre called the OLZ!
No, dyslexia's the major problem over there, it seems. You asked for ZLO tyres, and they gave you OLZ tyres - 1 year OLZ, to be precise!
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 01:37   #38
BHPian

hi

Do they do wheel alignment job as well? I need to get it done for my car. And where should i get it done in delhi if bk tyres aren't doing it?
torque18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 11:48   #39
BHPian

I got my i10 tyres changed from bk motors. I'm no tyre expert so maybe I missed something but as a layman I don't see what the fuss is about.

Afaik bk motors is just another shop. Nothing great. Definitely nothing special.

When I called up I was quoted a lower price for tyres (potential customer) but when I landed up they quoted a higher price (captive customer).

Then there was an overweight, nicely dressed gentleman with a moustache who lied outright when I asked him about warranty. He said warranty applies from the billing date not manufacturing date.

In front of me they tried to pass off six month old tyres to a customer. When he refused they brought him newer tyres.

Parking is a royal mess. A car banged into me while I was backing out.

They don't do alignment for which you'll have to shell out an extra 300 bucks or so.

I got only a hundred bucks for my old tyres. If I had gone to reliance auto zone I would have got 150 for each. Plus free alignment. Although Reliance auto zone is significantly more expensive so despite higher buy back price and free alignment it would have not been cheaper.

I went to bk because they're authorised Apollo dealers. I had gone with the intention of getting acelers for my i10. But jitesh and his dad convinced me to go for michelin xm2. Now I read in the forum that there have been mixed experiences with michelin.i can only keep my fingers crossed now.

Jitesh undoubtedly has a pleasing personality but the shop overall isn't beyond the usual tricks to take advantage of a customer.

Caveat emptor applies here just as everywhere else.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th August 2013 at 17:54. Reason: Corrected typo
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 22:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Afaik bk motors is just another shop. Nothing great. Definitely nothing special.
When nobody was around with a tyre shop in this part of the city, they were. Since 1976!
Further, customers just send their drivers in Mercs, BMW's, JLR's, Bentley's, Audi's et al for tyre change.
You went in for a common demand, ask them to source a particular size of a particular brand (say an Off-roading tyre) or even an Alloy wheel and at the same time, ask another store to do so - you'll feel what makes them stand apart.

Quote:
When I called up I was quoted a lower price for tyres (potential customer) but when I landed up they quoted a higher price (captive customer).
Should've contended and they would've agreed.

Quote:
Then there was an overweight, nicely dressed gentleman with a moustache who lied outright when I asked him about warranty. He said warranty applies from the billing date not manufacturing date.
Warranty applies from the Date of Billing and if you ever encounter a problem, that's the point when the Store owner steps in your defence.

Quote:
In front of me they tried to pass off six month old tyres to a customer. When he refused they brought him newer tyres.
Sir, that's the norm everywhere. Not every size sells in same number, FIFO (First In First Out). The Kizashis being sold at a discount with tyres over 6 months old, they still work the same. Tyre compounds have Anti-Ozonants & Anti-Oxidants to prevent damage from Environmental Factors hence, any tyre over 6 months old doesn't necessarily mean expired or dangerous, the newer the better but to what extent, that's debatable.

Quote:
Well Agreed but let me re-assert something here, they're amongst a handful of traders who're concerned about parking cars properly. I live few houses down the line so this is a first hand account. To name a few, Carwell, Anand Traders, Ahuja Car Decor et al are in the same line and never encourage or indulge in traffic hampering activities.

Quote:
They don't do alignment for which you'll have to shell out an extra 300 bucks or so.

I got only a hundred bucks for my old tyres. If I had gone to reliance auto zone I would have got 150 for each. Plus free alignment. Although Reliance auto zone is significantly more expensive so despite higher buy back price and free alignment it would have not been cheaper.
Well said, none of the Corporate Accessory dealers can match the expertise and prices of an Proprietor driven Car Accessories store.

Quote:
I went to bk because they're authorised Apollo dealers. I had gone with the intention of getting acelers for my i10. But jitesh and his dad convinced me to go for michelin xm2. Now I read in the forum that there have been mixed experiences with michelin.i can only keep my fingers crossed now.
Need not worry Sir, you've made a wonderful choice. Mixed reviews was the case with earlier Primacy LC's and XM's. I was the amongst the first to get XM2 from them in March 2012 and have covered 30k+ Kms till date on the 'BEST' roads of Delhi.

Quote:
Jitesh undoubtedly has a pleasing personality but the shop overall isn't beyond the usual tricks to take advantage of a customer.
A store of their stature wouldn't have survived since 1976 if they were to cheat you.

Just to add, apart from the best tyres you need a skilled workforce for the work to be executed. Maybe you didn't find Pneumatic Wrenches and Alignment Facility, you took them to be 'just another store' but they can't encroach on Government land for Alignment facility. Even I know I've to shell extra 300 bucks for the Alignment but then I know their work and the help which has been extended when I needed a Warranty Claim for a Tata Green Battery purchsed from someone else and the same Moustached Gentleman, Atul Bhaiya (Jitesh's brother) helped me right at 11 in the morning when stores are just opening up.

Last edited by tsk13 : 11th August 2013 at 22:18.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 13:22   #41
BHPian

@tsk13: sir, your posts are usually informative, but in this instance your stout defence of bk motors makes me think that your association with the shop is more than that of a mere customer like me. If this is true then please put up a disclosure upfront.

The "nothing great" reference was in terms of overall customer satisfaction. In my book, that matters more than whether a shop opened in 1976 or yesterday.

I think I gave a pretty balanced review, pointing out both the good and the bad. No offense, but going by my personal experience, your excessive gushing is misleading.

It's great that you've had only pleasurable experiences with the shop, but that need not be true for everyone else. I still maintain that this shop is not to be trusted blindly.

Last edited by naru : 14th August 2013 at 13:44.
naru is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 00:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Well Agreed but let me re-assert something here, they're amongst a handful of traders who're concerned about parking cars properly. I live few houses down the line so this is a first hand account. To name a few, Carwell, Anand Traders, Ahuja Car Decor et al are in the same line and never encourage or indulge in traffic hampering activities.
Quote:
@tsk13: sir, your posts are usually informative, but in this instance your stout defence of bk motors makes me think that your association with the shop is more than that of a mere customer like me. If this is true then please put up a disclosure upfront.
Dear Naru

I already disclosed my association with them in the previous reply (in 'bold' above) and the same has been mentioned previously on the forum as well before. Regarding Commercial Involvement, BK Tyres is Owned by Mr. Baldev Kapoor and managed by his family only so I'm out of picture. Further, there are many known shops in the area with whom I share friendly relations but never promote them on TBHP 'coz I understand their work-culture and how mis-fit they're with respect to Team BHP.

Further, let alone BK Tyres I also suggest Sai Mag Wheels as well, introduced to me by Team BHP via Notorious. If I've a commercial involvement with BK Tyres, why would I promote Sai Mag Wheels then?

Anyhow for the record, I'm an enthusiast whose first tryst with Automobiles started with love for Trucks, went on to Buses, drifted towards Aircrafts and when I turned 18 and got my first car, Team BHP started. My first Alloys came from Sai Mag Wheels (HRS Brand) and Yokohama A539 from BK Tyres and Aligned by Haryana Tyres, Faridabad on Hunter 3D Alignment Machine. Jitesh helped me understand the options before me, the choice between sizes for Santro (upsizing to 165/65 R13 or 175/60 R13). Went to Sai Mag Wheels just to check which alloys looked good for Golden Santro, had a long chat with Gautam and helped me shortlist 3 patterns which were taken to the Ground Floor for checking on the car. Few days later I went again, this time to purchase.

The way you're supportive of Mr. Rana's (Driven) support, I've the same spirit for BK Tyres.

At the same time, I would like to state for help of fellow BHPians, if you ever encounter any issue with BK Tyres or Sai Mag Wheels (although genuine instances of 'issues' are seldom with them), feel free to bring me into picture.

To many, ICE is a fantasy, to many Accessories and to me, Tyres although I'm nowhere in the league of iraghava, Nikhilb2008 et al.
tsk13 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 03:49   #43
BHPian

Request you to place the disclosure upfront in the first post. This is not present when you are start plugging the establishment.

Association with a shop need not be solely in monetary terms. If you are a personal friend/neighbour of the shopkeeper even then these considerations will affect your review. And it shows.

Phrases such as "They stand apart", "A store of their stature", and "Genuine 'issues' are seldom with them" are spectacularly subjective and sound more like PR and marketing bull in efforts to drive customers to a certain shop. What we need here is honest experiences which will be of help to those who are interested in availing such services rather than broad generalizations coated with liberal doses of saccharine.

If you've noticed, I'm not the first one on this thread to point out shortcomings at the shop. And I've not done it in a way to malign it either, pointing out both the good and the bad.

An honest review WILL include these points along with the pluses:

1 Get a quote on phone first. Prices may be higher for walk-in customers
2 Brace yourself for a parking problem
3 Check the manufacturing date on tyres
4 Jitesh is helpful and looks trustworthy, but don't trust the shop blindly
5 Alignment is not done at the shop

If there is any factual inaccuracy, you're more than welcome to correct.

Please remember, even the biggest and the best brands/shops will have cases of customer dissatisfaction. Just because you have a great association with a shop and you are treated well there doesn't automatically mean it will be true for every single customer or that the shopkeeper can do no wrong.

And yes, I'm a fan of Driven, but not in the same "spirit" as you. If someone says they've had an indifferent experience there, I'm not going to get all pious and start delivering homilies on the "stature" of the shop. When I write here, my loyalties lie solely with team-bhp.

I'm sorry if I'm being harsh. Your contribution to this forum is considerable but your posts here show a lack of objectivity and a clear bias.

Last edited by naru : 16th August 2013 at 03:53.
naru is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 03:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Dear Naru

What is Team BHP? A collective experience of BHPians, fuelled by passion for anything related to wheels and going by your ideology, if I promote A539 by Yokohama over Michelin XM2, I stand at a point of being termed biased and lacking objectivity, solely because I've a first hand experience with Yokohama.

Search the forum extensively and thou shall come across varied examples of brand and store loyalties and bashing, there are members who bash up a European Marque and others who swear by it and by doing this they including me are operating well within the Ethics of an Acceptable Conduct. You posted on a forum and replies are obvious but be polite if you've a concern, pointing fingers only leads to aggression.

Regarding the choice of words and phrases, I believe each member has an aura of creative expression and it's their prerogative, how they express themselves and your comment on terming my'n as PR isn't praiseworthy.

Team BHP is a Forum, there will always be replies to a post and if I replied to your experience I did no wrong. The Poll above is an answer to what 'Stature' the store holds on Team BHP, I'm not given any special discount for my 'genuine' loyalties with them, we might have lived in the same locality but the first time I talked to Jitesh was 5 years ago after being bitten by the Alloy Wheel bug by Team BHP. If I had to promote my friends and neighbours, there would've been a lot many threads, mostly with sour experiences. Even my standing on the forum depends on my posts, why shall I let it take a for someone?

Anyhow, enjoy your XM2's, they're a great piece of engineering suitable to our roads, saying from a first hand experience but I'm a bigger fan of Yokohama, my first enthusiastic tyre purchase.

Last edited by tsk13 : 20th August 2013 at 03:38.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 09:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I got my i10 tyres changed from bk motors. I'm no tyre expert so maybe I missed something but as a layman I don't see what the fuss is about.

Caveat emptor applies here just as everywhere else.
This.

What I am about to share is almost 3-4 Yrs old now and I may be forgetting some of the facts/instances but I am putting forward the gist of the whole experience with Mr. Jitesh / BK Tyres.

I got 4 Yoko A-Drives with X2 Alloys from BK Tyres. Before this I had also gotten around 8 tyres from them for my other cars but this one was different. The instance is around 4 years ago. I got tyres for my car on his recommendation. I was looking to buy either Bridgestone or Michelin but he recommended me these as he said this is a better tyre and would last me longer. My purchase can be found here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1287362

Now this is where my trouble started. It was getting real late in the evening and it started to drizzle and local residents were too complaining about the cars parking hence took out the car in a hurry as I got films too installed that day and wanted to get back home early. In the whole commotion I forgot to ask for the bill. On my way back to Noida about 2Kms away from the shop I realised I havent picked up the bill. I called up Jitesh and he promised me that next time I come he will hand over the bill. As I stay in Noida and not that frequent visitor to Lajpatnagar I went there almost after a month. At that time Jitesh told me that his bill books are with his accountant and hence he can not provide me the bill at that time I should come later. My next visit was almost after 3 months and at that time Jitesh said he is not ablt to trace the bill as the bill books have changed and I should leave my address and he will courier me the Bill. Till date the courier hasn't arrived.

Coming back to the tyres. One of the tyres developed a side wall damage in the first 15K Kms. I contacted Jitesh over the phone and he told me to contact the company as the warranty is only provided by them. Upon contacting the company the company said that the company does not cover side wall damage. Over the next 10000 Kms 3 out of 4 tyres developed the same problem. Upon closer inspection it was found that the date of manufacturing of tyres was well before I bought them. Almost 1.2-1.5 Yr old tyre. I realised this after using the tyres for 25K Kms and I was one person who was without the Bill. Sad to say but by the time the car covered 30K Kms I had to change all 4 tyres of the car. It could have been that particular lot of Yoko's or my driving style or anything else but TBH tyres which gave away within first 30K KMs were not acceptable even when I was ready to pickup other tyres over this in the initial stages. I felt cheated and I could not do anything as I didn't had a bill . On the contrary Jitesh gifted me a shirt free with tyres which lasted much much more then the tyres themselves .

The guys must be knowledgeable and good to talk to but they have bad business practices. I would stay away from them and convinced at-least 2 good friends who were regulars with them.

I must add here that I live in Noida and the car has been driven 95% of the time in Delhi-Noida roads with all god stretches. I have done only 3 trips with this car which were well after the first 25K Kms. The car has been fitted with 2 Bridgestone and 2 Goodyear tyres since then and all 4 of them have worked perfectly Ok with Bridgestones now demanding change after almost 50K Kms.

Last edited by Switch : 20th August 2013 at 09:17.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote