Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 28th September 2015, 22:36   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta Classic: Powertrain Warning Light nightmare

If I am not wrong the light which you have mentioned is engine malfunction/engine check light. There are many reasons for it to glow and a weak battery is one of them. I have a Diesel figo and the same light used to flash and there was a power loss for sometime. It was traced to clogged EGR valve which was cleaned up and the light went off.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 22:51   #32

I suspect the ecu reset which occurred when the battery was changed had more to do with the solution than the battery, especially if there was no other symptom of a weak battery.
If so, the next time the issue occurs simply disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes and connect it back.
Leop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2015, 22:58   #33
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ght-issue.html
The above thread is dedicated to the check engine light of the Duratec 1.6.
Note to mods : Please merge the threads if found similar
100kmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 11:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

If you had let it warm up in the first start itself, maybe let it run in limp mode for a couple of minutes, the restart would have taken care of this.
I see you haven't cleaned the TB and the sensor. Do that, and you wont face this again.
In fact, this the same problem as discussed in the Durateq 1.6 fusion/fiesta thread. Going by the symptoms, that's what you're facing too.
Will report for merging the thread.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 19:26   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: DIY Fix : Ford Fusion / Fiesta 1.6L check engine light issue

Folks, need some help, I have a March 2011 Figo D, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant impact on running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not detect anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD
ridinthru' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 20:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, need some help, I have a March 2011 Figo D, for past couple of days the engine malfunction light in the dash has been glowing. Though no significant impact on running, the light glows, stays on for some time (like an hour) and goes off automatically. I took the car to F.A.S.S but they could not detect anything, hence could not give any clue.
2 days since, the light has started glowing again. Need some help what could this be...
Cheers,
RD

If the CEL ison, there is an error code. Get it scanned with a manufacturer.model specific OBD analyzer.
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 16:20   #37
BHPian

Default Re: DIY Fix : Ford Fusion / Fiesta 1.6L check engine light issue

I have a 2005 Santro, which idles erratically. Got it serviced a couple of times, but the erratic idle hasn't improved. Also, it struggles with AC ON or when loaded with 4 persons or when climbing uphill. So after searching a lot on internet, I came to know it could be an issue with the MAP sensor. (I know it should throw CEL, but I doubt that the light itself in my car has gone as it didn't show up when my car broke down in a recent trip).

So, I found this thread about cleaning MAP sensor. But was wondering how to clean it? Do I need to directly spray on to the sensor? This is because in some online DIY websites, they told not to spray directly onto the sensor.

Thanks!
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   Reply With Quote