Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 22nd January 2017, 13:01   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Beat DIY - Unlocking Features in the Speedo console

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Parwan View Post
Wow!! apologies for restarting such an old thread, but could not stop myself.
I recently got added as a member to the site, but have spent over a decade scrolling through the site. Everytime I think I have covered the site, such gems emerge and I am amazed again.
I have a Dec 2009 Beat petrol with just 28 K on the odo and I was looking to attach my tablet to the central slot above the AC vents to run the Torque application, so that I could monitor FE, DTE etc. while looking for ways to open the dash, I found this thread and now my DIY efforts have been totally diverted.
I checked my car, it does not have the ambient temp sensor. But the OBD does give out the air intake temperature. Since the intake is very close to the sensor location, I am wondering is there another location for the sensor or is there another sensor doing duty here?
Will update on the display ability once I check the console for the functionality. fingers crossed!!!
If your model is LT, then temperature sensor will be available. Check behind front grill to locate it.
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:07   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
If your model is LT, then temperature sensor will be available. Check behind front grill to locate it.
The sensor is not present in the location shown in the front grill, but I am able to see the temperature function working properly.
Quick update. tried out the unlock the very next day and happy to report a successful attempt.
I used the push button from a chinese decoration light that had gone kaput. Although it has four prongs, the overall dimensions are quite similar. The end result is a working DTE, ambient temp, trip clock and trip speed button. (OT, the DTE is way too optimistic!!)
the tactile feel of the button is slightly different from the others, but it works and that is what matters to me. the plus side is less than 24 hrs between the decision and implementation!!
Ravi Parwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:24   #108

I have done this DIY. I followed every step precisely. But.. no luck. I am having Beat LS Diesel. Is there any possible mistake that I might have done?
royi386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:04   #109
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Chevrolet Beat DIY - Unlocking Features in the Speedo console

Quote:
Originally Posted by royi386 View Post
Is there any possible mistake that I might have done?
IIRC Beat Diesel don't have the required hardware to unlock the feature
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 01:27   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royi386 View Post
I have done this DIY. I followed every step precisely. But.. no luck. I am having Beat LS Diesel. Is there any possible mistake that I might have done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
IIRC Beat Diesel don't have the required hardware to unlock the feature
The whole DIY is applicable only for Beat Petrol variants LS and LT. I would suggest anyone who want to do the modification to go through the thread carefully and understand the limitations with respect to the model variants before attempting the DIY. Also, I have mentioned the flat screw driver method to check it before removing the console.
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote