Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 23rd August 2015, 12:54   #1
Default DIY: Replacing a broken antenna (Ford Fiesta)

This post is not going to have any pictures, but I hope the links will help you in replacing a broken antenna in the Fiesta Classic. It should not take more than 5 minutes to replace the same.

I followed most of the steps mentioned in the below link to remove the old antenna and replace with a new one. I got a replacement antenna at Rediff for 380, you can also get it for 270 at Paytm.

In the video after removing the light he removes the two Philip screws, this is not required in the Fiesta, only difference is that you have to remove black connector tab on the right side of the light. Just pull it and it will pop off. Once this is removed the antenna base screw is easily accessible and visible. You can remove it and replace with a new one.

Prior to replacing, my antenna was exactly as displayed in the video, just the base was available. Since mine is a 2008 model it did not have MP3 and hence i was using a FM transmiter. It's very important to have a good antenna to have a strong signals and this resolved the earlier problem of poor signal.

Last edited by Chillout : 23rd August 2015 at 12:55.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 12:45   #2
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: DIY: Replacing a broken antenna (Ford Fiesta)

Mod Note: Thread moved to Technical Stuff. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote