Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 13th December 2016, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Finally, I have bumped at the right thread and of course the right person. I own a Polo Comfortline 1.2P and a Highline 1.5D, both are 2015 cars. Here is my list of doubts:
  • Is it possible to get gear shift indication, refill amount for fuel tank etc activated in the MID of Comfortline using just the VCDS?
  • Can I install the automatic climate control module in comfortline? Someone told me that it's a direct plug and play.
  • Do comfortline and highline come with same BCM? If yes, then, is it possible to install the highline steering wheel on comfortline? I can install the steering wheel as well as stalks from highline itself, will they make the steering mounted controls work perfectly?

Hi there,

To answer the above questions -
1. Gear shift indication - an option for diesel cars as far as I know

2. The Auto climate control unit is plug and play but requires a lot of other components for it to work, sensors and the sorts. Something which will need the entire dash to be opened and put back together. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

3. AFAIK the modules are different, I had to upgrade mine. All you need to finish check - Gannu has made an elusive guide for the same purpose in this thread!

4. The high line stalks should work, they will add the Driver info system, if yours currently don't have the trip and ok button on them already and activate dte, mileage, speed, etc to the mid.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 15:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the BCM (Body Control Module)

Quote:
Highline has the cornering lights where the fog lamp gets enlightened with the indication, can that be activated in comfortline by using only VCDS?
No. Cornering lights require the airbag slip ring with the steering angle sensor. Not a VCDS trick alone.

Quote:
Can I install the automatic climate control module in comfortline? Someone told me that it's a direct plug and play.
It isn't a plug and play module. As Ayush put it, there are a lot of sensors required in addition to new harnesses.

Quote:
Do comfortline and highline come with same BCM?
Why don't you check yourself from your cars? The thing is, VW themselves have kitted their cars in several ways, one cannot be sure. A friend's Vento highline came with a 086 BCM whereas another friend's Vento Comfortline came with a 087 BCM.

Quote:
If yes, then, is it possible to install the highline steering wheel on comfortline? I can install the steering wheel as well as stalks from highline itself, will they make the steering mounted controls work perfectly?
You will need additional wiring for the T41 connector to enable the steering controls.

Quote:
I am planning to install the new head unit, the one that comes in new polo '6RD035187'; if I install this one in comfortline and highline both, what issues can I expect to face?
None. You will need an ISO to Quadlock convertor in both the cases.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 17:05   #33
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Upgrading the BCM (Body Control Module)

Gannu, any thought on if its possible to retrofit the led headlights with DRL's from the new vento highline plus into a 2016 Polo GT Tsi?

Graaja says the BCM of the 2016 Polo is 087 and the one the vento has is 089 and to use a 10 to 14 pin convertor.

He says that the drl's may not run as expected.

Have you researched this? and your thoughts on this since you have already successfully done a BCM upgrade

Thanks!
nova9 is offline   Reply With Quote