Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 21:34   #16
BHPian
 
Naetik30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 105
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Great DIY. The IRVM you bought looks too similar to my Verna's IRVM. So can't you just buy from Hyundai store? Might save you a lot hazzles and the quality would be good too.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 18:16   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Thanks for this thread. I am planning to install this in my Elite i20. Sadly the top variant Asta(o) comes with day/night IRVM

I hope the process should be same, considering the fact that Creta and i20 share similar parts.
makk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 22:24   #18
BHPian
 
NST440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 188
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Auto-dimming IRVM was a feature that I sorely missed in my Creta SX Plus automatic. I did a little research and found an easy way to solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
Thanks for this thread. I am planning to install this in my Elite i20. Sadly the top variant Asta(o) comes with day/night IRVM
Excellent thread i must say, thank you. As mentioned by @makk, I too bought i20 Elite Asta (O) and really miss the auto dimming feature, @ vinj14 could you please let me know if i should go ahead and buy this mirror with the bracket#1 mentioned by the vendor, i had a chat with him, though he recommended bracket 1, still i would like to have final inputs from you before ordering. Here are few Pic of my IRVM oem bracket:
Attached Images
  
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:13   #19
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 305
Thanked: 259 Times
Default

Just go with what the vendor suggested. I'm sure it would fit
vinj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,362
Thanked: 13,319 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
I hope the process should be same, considering the fact that Creta and i20 share similar parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
@ vinj14 could you please let me know if i should go ahead and buy this mirror with the bracket#1 mentioned by the vendor
Sir,

The vendor is right. The bracket to be ordered is No. 1. See the RED part highlighted in the image below:

DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta-untitled-1horz.jpg

Hyundai iX35 = Hyundai Creta!
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:53   #21
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 752
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sir,

Hyundai iX35 = Hyundai Creta!
iX 25 is the the Creta

iX 35 would be the Tuscon
slicvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2016, 21:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,362
Thanked: 13,319 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

iX 25 is the the Creta

iX 35 would be the Tuscon
Oops my bad. But the bracket that is to be bought is No. 1.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2017, 02:11   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 1,342 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Yup. This is my first car in the last 5 yrs without autodimming IRVM.
Perfect addition to the Creta,company should have provided it in the first place.
I 20 has one too

I always thought that the power supply to the cabin light is Unswitched type (no need of ignition,always on type)

But your description says it is switched type ie power shuts off once the ignition is turned off.

Can you please clear this confusion I have.
Thank you

Last edited by ecosport rules : 12th February 2017 at 02:15.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2017, 12:39   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 20
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Can the unit from the i20 Eite top variant be used?
jrchhabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 13:11   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Excellent thread i must say, thank you. As mentioned by @makk, I too bought i20 Elite Asta (O) and really miss the auto dimming feature, @ vinj14 could you please let me know if i should go ahead and buy this mirror with the bracket#1 mentioned by the vendor, i had a chat with him, though he recommended bracket 1, still i would like to have final inputs from you before ordering. Here are few Pic of my IRVM oem bracket:
Hi Did you purchase the auto dimming mirror for the i20 then?

Did you fit it exactly like the creta? Were the wiring connections the same?

Did you face any difficulty?

Was the #1 bracket correctly fitting for you?

Asking since I also have an Elite i20 Asta O 2016 model (non 6 airbags) and want to do this addition
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 14:18   #26
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 329
Thanked: 569 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Hi Did you purchase the auto dimming mirror for the i20 then?

Did you fit it exactly like the creta? Were the wiring connections the same?

Did you face any difficulty?

Was the #1 bracket correctly fitting for you?

Asking since I also have an Elite i20 Asta O 2016 model (non 6 airbags) and want to do this addition
No. 1 bracket fits. Installed the same mirror in my Active a few months back, no complaints.

Last edited by harsh79 : 9th April 2017 at 14:22.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 14:24   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Great, thanks man.

Much appreciated. Did you take the Power from the overhead compartment too like creta?

Or the fuse box?

Same question for your rear dash cam, did you take Power from the overhead compartment or the fuse box?
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 14:52   #28
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 329
Thanked: 569 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Great, thanks man.

Much appreciated. Did you take the Power from the overhead compartment too like creta?

Or the fuse box?

Same question for your rear dash cam, did you take Power from the overhead compartment or the fuse box?
From the fusebox, exactly how one would hardwire a dash cam.

For the dash cams I'm using a 5 port Anker power supply. The Anker unit connects to a female 12V socket coming from the fusebox to the glovebox (hardwired).

Rear camera is powered using a 15 foot mini USB cable running to the rear from the Anker unit that sits glovebox.

Check out my threads on the SG9665GC and Mobius cameras, will give you an idea (being essentially the same car).
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 15:09   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
From the fusebox, exactly how one would hardwire a dash cam.

For the dash cams I'm using a 5 port Anker power supply. The Anker unit connects to a female 12V socket coming from the fusebox to the glovebox (hardwired).

Rear camera is powered using a 15 foot mini USB cable running to the rear from the Anker unit that sits glovebox.

Check out my threads on the SG9665GC and Mobius cameras, will give you an idea (being essentially the same car).

Any link for the anker unit? Id love to see how you connected it to the fuse box.
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 17:22   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Auto-dimming IRVM was a feature that I sorely missed in my Creta SX Plus automatic. I did a little research and found an easy way to solve the problem.
Hey isn't it risky connecting it to the jack directly? Shouldn't it be connected to fuse box with resistor?
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headlights dimming while operating power windows. vishnuvijay Technical Stuff 30 6th December 2009 20:32
Hyundai Accent - Auto Dimming Interior Light thedreamcatcher Modifications & Accessories 16 17th July 2009 20:41
Auto dimming rear view mirror? giri Modifications & Accessories 0 9th September 2006 14:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks