Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2017, 19:52   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Just go with what the vendor suggested. I'm sure it would fit
Any specific reason you did not buy the mirror from the dealer as I20 and verna come with an autodimming mirror?
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 23:18   #32
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 308
Thanked: 549 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Any link for the anker unit? Id love to see how you connected it to the fuse box.
http://www.amazon.in/Anker-Charger-P.../dp/B00OHE8AOI

The Anker unit connects to a hardwired 12V socket, the 12V female socket connects to the fusebox using a fuse-tap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Any specific reason you did not buy the mirror from the dealer as I20 and verna come with an autodimming mirror?
Not if one goes for the AVN trim. As the reversing view's been moved to the AVN, Hyundai removed the auto dimming IRVM which includes the reversing view.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 00:10   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post



Not if one goes for the AVN trim. As the reversing view's been moved to the AVN, Hyundai removed the auto dimming IRVM which includes the reversing view.
I meant, you could have bought it as an accessory from the Hyundai dealership,isint it available there?

One more question
The old I20 and the new one has a reverse camera view in the rear view mirror(not the AVN trim),does that mirror have auto dimming function too?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 10th April 2017 at 00:13.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 00:15   #34
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 308
Thanked: 549 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I meant, you could have bought it as an accessory from the Hyundai dealership,isint it available there?

One more question
The old I20 and the new one has a reverse camera view in the rear view mirror(not the AVN trim),does that mirror have auto dimming function too?
The unit available from Hyundai is for 62,000/-, includes the reversing camera kit.

Yes, it does have the auto dimming function.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 00:20   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,337 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The unit available from Hyundai is for 62,000/-, includes the reversing camera kit.

Yes, it does have the auto dimming function.
WOW
That too steep,wonder why Hyundai chose to give it in the first place.
They could have got a touch screen with navigation and Android auto for that price
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 17:16   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 43
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
http://www.amazon.in/Anker-Charger-P.../dp/B00OHE8AOI

The Anker unit connects to a hardwired 12V socket, the 12V female socket connects to the fusebox using a fuse-tap.
1. What specification fuse did you use while connecting to the fuse box?

2. Where did you take the ground from?

3. Did you do it yourself or from some electrician? I live in Delhi, would you recommend anyone?

4. How have you routed the wires to the rear without showing anywhere in the cabin?
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 02:18   #37
BHPian
 
harsh79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DL 3C
Posts: 308
Thanked: 549 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
1. What specification fuse did you use while connecting to the fuse box?

2. Where did you take the ground from?

3. Did you do it yourself or from some electrician? I live in Delhi, would you recommend anyone?

4. How have you routed the wires to the rear without showing anywhere in the cabin?
The following posts should answer all the queries you have -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4033437 (Street Guardian SG9665GC v2 Dashcam: Review & Install)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4067993 (Rear-facing Dashcam installed! Mobius ActionCam)
harsh79 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2017, 11:48   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delhi
Posts: 43
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Superb, thanks man. Will check th se out and get back to you if I have any queries.
dhruvwali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 09:17   #39
BHPian
 
vinj14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 304
Thanked: 258 Times
Default Re: DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM for the Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Hey isn't it risky connecting it to the jack directly? Shouldn't it be connected to fuse box with resistor?
Not really. It worked fine for the few months i had the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Any specific reason you did not buy the mirror from the dealer as I20 and verna come with an autodimming mirror?
Wasn't available as an accessory when the car was launched. If it is now then thats great.
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headlights dimming while operating power windows. vishnuvijay Technical Stuff 30 6th December 2009 20:32
Hyundai Accent - Auto Dimming Interior Light thedreamcatcher Modifications & Accessories 16 17th July 2009 20:41
Auto dimming rear view mirror? giri Modifications & Accessories 0 9th September 2006 14:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks