Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 23rd November 2015, 20:01   #31
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Mk7 Flat-bottom Steering wheel upgrade

Hi Gannu,

I have viewed your modification threads several times and am simply amazed. Besides being an inspiration to others, you have balls of steel (Pardon my language).

If i buy a VW vehicle in future be it a Vento or a Polo, I will surely look at your links again for possible mods.

I have a question though, Any particular reason for you not opting for the steering with paddle shifters. Is it some form of compatability issue with the BCM or you dont like shifters altogether.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
I have a question though, Any particular reason for you not opting for the steering with paddle shifters. Is it some form of compatability issue with the BCM or you dont like shifters altogether.
Paddle shifts are meant for automatics. They are of no use in a manual car. So, a steering wheel with paddle shifts is for GT TSi that has a 7 speed dual clutch automatic gear box, not for GT TDi, which has a manual gear box. And Gannu's car is a GT TDi.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:43   #33
BHPian

My Bad. I completely missed that you have a Stick Shift Manual transmission. I think i got confused seeing your mod along side FrankMehta' s TSI thread .
manishkapadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 15:59   #34
BHPian

The seller is stating freight charges to be delivered in USA also. Infact as per their web page, they charge the same to be delivered in Mexico also. Why 90$ of std shipping and 140$ of Fedex shipping even inside Mexico? Any idea?

I was waiting as one of my brother's friend's friend was coming from USA and thought of saving that 140$ , but now only noticed these charges.
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 01:23   #35
BHPian

Hi Gannu,
I'm planning to source the wheel from either gcptuning or vwrtuning depending on availability. Could you please provide a few more details about the modified harness loom so that I can explain it better to the supplier (gcptuning; Rick has a clear idea but is more expensive)

Thanks
aditya9567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 23:11   #36
BHPian

Just ordered the Steering wheel for my GT TSI from vwrtuning. Can't wait to get my hands on the paddle shifters
sahilkhurana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2016, 18:20   #37
BHPian

Question Re: VW Polo DIY: Mk7 Flat-bottom Steering wheel upgrade

Hi Gannu,

Great DIY! Am a big fan of all your DIY's

Is it possible to fit this steering for a Polo Trendline? If yes, what would be the components that would need to be changed for it to work? Also, is there a non-airbag version for the MFSW steering?

Thanks!
e-katz is offline   Reply With Quote