Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 2nd June 2016, 11:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio

I followed the first post in this thread, and just installed an Altec filter in my Brio! Easy with a knife, screwdriver, and tape.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2016, 13:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I followed the first post in this thread, and just installed an Altec filter in my Brio! Easy with a knife, screwdriver, and tape.
sgiitk sir, I got the same filter from Amazon for my Brio and fitted it today. But the filter is coming out about a cm out of the box. I pushed the filter as far as I could and shut the flap, but I'm afraid its bending the filter a bit. Any advice? Thanks.

PS: Thanks to OP for this very useful DIY.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2016, 07:22   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
sgiitk sir, I got the same filter from Amazon for my Brio and fitted it today. But the filter is coming out about a cm out of the box. I pushed the filter as far as I could and shut the flap, but I'm afraid its bending the filter a bit. Any advice?
I found a similar issue, but then gently easing it in ensured it went in all the way. Wasa bit gtricky but I could manage after about three attempts.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2016, 10:59   #34
BHPian

The filter is very much effective and has been cleaned from time to time with compressed air, there was a little mud and a few tiny leaves when it came out and the visible dust on the dashboard is gone for good. It hasn't been a year till now and the filter still looks good, I guess I'll change it when it completes a year.
noelnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2016, 08:19   #35
BHPian

Thanks to all the contributors on this thread, I also got this DIY done.

The filter was protruding out by a few mm, but I managed to close the box without damaging the filter. Am thinking of cutting an mm of the border on both sides for a clean fit.
tiger_stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 23:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Thanks to all the contributors on this thread, I also got this DIY done.

The filter was protruding out by a few mm, but I managed to close the box without damaging the filter. Am thinking of cutting an mm of the border on both sides for a clean fit.
You don't need to do that, just remove the filter and push it in again, wiggle a little if you have to, it will fit in without any extra cutting.

What is happening is it is getting stuck in the void. Just push it in.
noelnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 15:10   #37
BHPian

Default Awesome! DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio

awesome job done dude! keep it up.
joeblack is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 14:09   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Now I find the Altec filter for Brio missing from amazon.in. I need one as the last one seems to have vanished during an AC overhaul. What can be a replacement? I am sure some other car unit will do.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 11:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now I find the Altec filter for Brio missing from amazon.in. I need one as the last one seems to have vanished during an AC overhaul. What can be a replacement? I am sure some other car unit will do.
As I mentioned at the start, what I bought was a filter intended for the Honda City Type III, in other places I have seen that even the previous generation Honda Jazz filter shares the same dimensions.

So you can look for the Jazz or Honda City Type III filter.
noelnelly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 12:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnelly View Post
As I mentioned at the start, what I bought was a filter intended for the Honda City Type III, in other places I have seen that even the previous generation Honda Jazz filter shares the same dimensions.

So you can look for the Jazz or Honda City Type III filter.
I have ordered one. Thanks. The old price of ₹695 all inclusive.
Old 26th February 2017, 15:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelnelly View Post
Thanks. My City (Mk.III onwards) filter arrived today. Fits happily in the Brio. I just had to cut a few mm (about 2-3mm each) which were protruding beyond the filter material at each end, and put it in. Went in very nicely. In fact it seems to be marginally less tall then the earlier 'original' filter, which was a bit tougher in insert.
Old 28th March 2017, 08:59   #42

Thumbs up Re: DIY: Adding a Cabin Air Filter to the Honda Brio / Amaze / Mobilio

Thanks a ton noelnelly !!
Got a cabin filter from amazon cost me rs 695.(altech filter) The filter went in easy , was worried that molded fin on top of the fan(seen partially in the original pic by noelnelly) might obstruct but it did not.

Had even asked the Honda service center if one can be added during the second service, they had refused. Now cant wait to go back and show this off to them (my car is 4+ years so no warranty issues).

TIP:Insert the filter horizontally and not downwards, i tried slightly down initially and then found the trick.
iceman07 is offline   Reply With Quote