Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:48   #16
BHPian
 
outofthebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 265
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPower View Post
There's a clone? I never knew that. Where did you get the 4 inch polisher? I need to get one as well..
The Bigfoot was too rich for my blood.
Thankfully Aliexpress has clones of almost all popular ones - Meguiars, 3M and the Rupes. Pretty decent quality for the price, maybe a bit higher on the vibration and noise than the original but good enough for a hobby detailer like me.

I bought my 4 incher from Glaze Polishes, USA. Another option is to just get a 3.5 inch backing plate and use 4 inch pads with that.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 16:15   #17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 22
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Good DIY detailing job and the car look stunning

I have used several dashboard cleaners like Formula1 on the Polo's dashbord and nothing really brings any results! Any recommendations?
Aromal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 05:13   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromal View Post
Good DIY detailing job and the car look stunning

I have used several dashboard cleaners like Formula1 on the Polo's dashbord and nothing really brings any results! Any recommendations?
I use Sonax cockpit spray to clean it, and 1:3 diluted carpro perl to protect it from discolouring. But what results you are exactly looking for though? I've never used formula 1 so I am not sure what it does. Perl is very versatile, you can layer it if you want it to be glossy and just one coat will give you a nice satin finish.
GTPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 10:14   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 22
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPower View Post
I use Sonax cockpit spray to clean it, and 1:3 diluted carpro perl to protect it from discolouring. But what results you are exactly looking for though? I've never used formula 1 so I am not sure what it does. Perl is very versatile, you can layer it if you want it to be glossy and just one coat will give you a nice satin finish.
I'm looking for an original look, didn't want it to be glossy.
Did Sonax cockpit spray give any polished finish? I'm asking this since you use carpro pearl additionally.
Mine is a cross polo, So I wanted a product for protecting the black cladding, any recommendation?
Aromal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 12:47   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 37
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: DIY: Detailing my VW Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aromal View Post
I'm looking for an original look, didn't want it to be glossy.
Did Sonax cockpit spray give any polished finish? I'm asking this since you use carpro pearl additionally.
Mine is a cross polo, So I wanted a product for protecting the black cladding, any recommendation?
Sonax cockpit spray (green bottle) is a wipe on wipe away product and leaves a matte look on the surface, it has no gloss at all. Perl varies from satin gloss to just becoming super glossy depending on the number of coats you apply.
GTPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
DIY Detailing Journey. Starting with a rotary polisher Pedaltothefloor DIY - Do it yourself 38 18th October 2014 19:53
VW Polo Diesel = Polo Bluemotion everywhere else? Screwdriva The Indian Car Scene 9 25th February 2010 11:38
Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18) sidindica The Indian Car Scene 375 23rd February 2010 18:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks