Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 11th March 2017, 08:50   #91
BHPian

Default Re: DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can. Please go ahead it is a good dash camera.

I am confused between this one and Street Guardian SG9665GC. Tired with the MINI 0806 issue of getting an error on its own.
I ordered the Dashcam. In all the user experiences on internet this seems to be the best camera in the budget below 100 USD.

VIOFO A119 2.0" LCD Capacitor Novatek 96660 HD 2K 1440P DVR with GPS CPL Filter

Meanwhile i wait for the delivery i want to shop for a good Memory card. Following are my questions for you.
1. Size of the card suggested
2. Brand and the type
3. Is it OK to go for 64 GB or should i plan to get 2 cards of 32 GB each.
4. I want to have at least 6 hours of video recording at one go.
5. Any other suggestions

Thanks in advance for your support...
mountaineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 09:18   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Any other suggestions
I'll say get a Transcend micro SD card. Get a 64GB one.

Get a good hardwiring kit to do a good install of the dashcam.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 03:36   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The battery inside your 0806 needs to be replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The Mini produces great video during the day (not bad at night either), but fails miserably IMO when it comes to reliability.
Hey buddy, bumping this thread again after a long time.

Issues faced so far with the MINI 0806:

1. "FGMT ERR - Need Format"

2. When ignition is switched ON, the dashcam comes alive after a minute or two.

Sometimes it comes ON, goes OFF thinking it is on dashcam battery power but suddenly realizes that it is on 12V power from fuse box. Again it comes alive.

I got a doubt may be the hardwiring kit that I bought isn't of good quality and was searching websites for a better one. Started searching...

------------------

Days, months passed by and I totally forgot about these two issues.

Coming to present day...

4 days back I replaced my cars battery - Exide as it was dying (delayed cranking symptom + 9.2V while cranking) which gave me a clear idea that the Exide is dying. Replaced it with Amaron 65Ah battery.

Reconnected the battery and the dashcam is back in life instantly when ignition is ON. Voila!! (Problem 2 yet to reappear till now).

Have driven around 450 kms since battery change and the " FGMT ERR - Need format " hasn't come up ever.

So should I conclude that it is back to normalcy w.r.t performance of the MINI 0806?

I'll keep an eye on the issue for some more days before I conclude.

My question is, changing a battery on the car has so much effect on the Dashcam performance?!
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 04:06   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey buddy, bumping this thread again after a long time.

Issues faced so far with the MINI 0806:

1. "FGMT ERR - Need Format"

Sometimes it comes ON, goes OFF thinking it is on dashcam battery power but suddenly realizes that it is on 12V power from fuse box. Again it comes alive.

I got a doubt may be the hardwiring kit that I bought isn't of good quality and was searching websites for a better one. Started searching...

------------------

Days, months passed by and I totally forgot about these two issues.

Coming to present day...

4 days back I replaced my cars battery - Exide as it was dying (delayed cranking symptom + 9.2V while cranking) which gave me a clear idea that the Exide is dying. Replaced it with Amaron 65Ah battery.

Reconnected the battery and the dashcam is back in life instantly when ignition is ON. Voila!! (Problem 2 yet to reappear till now).

Have driven around 450 kms since battery change and the " FGMT ERR - Need format " hasn't come up ever.

So should I conclude that it is back to normalcy w.r.t performance of the MINI 0806?

I'll keep an eye on the issue for some more days before I conclude.

My question is, changing a battery on the car has so much effect on the Dashcam performance?!

Good to know the unit is functioning as it should.

The problematic part of the equation is the crappy power management system housed inside the mini series (or probably the lack of one entirely). Slightest of fluctuations can cause SD read/write and general reliability issues. Either way 9.2V is way too low.

Quote:

This symptom leans towards a not so reliable battery (the one inside the mini). If it acts up again, the battery inside going bad would be my first bet.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote