Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 4th September 2016, 20:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Considered this, but I guess I'd be saving ~100 (that too not considering the detergent cost & time lost).

For ~570/- when we get a new Jopasu Duster itself, why bother will all this cleaning & careful spraying ?

Infact, this one would be new & waxed properly by the experts ex-factory.

NB : I'm not connected to the seller in any way whatsoever.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Considered this, but I guess I'd be saving ~100 (that too not considering the detergent cost & time lost).

For ~570/- when we get a new Jopasu Duster itself, why bother will all this cleaning & careful spraying ?

Infact, this one would be new & waxed properly by the experts ex-factory.

NB : I'm not connected to the seller in any way whatsoever.
Hi! The reason is one bottle of the rejuvenator can be used 3 times so it's equivalent to buying 3 dusters

Also, I'm confident this method will get you very very close to a factory finish. When I first did the rejuvenation by randomly spraying as per Jopasu's instructions I felt the duster started losing its power within 2 months. But after following this method it's still going strong after 4 months.

Last edited by bowser : 8th September 2016 at 09:21.
bowser is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 09:27   #18
BHPian

Default DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Thanks Bowser for the thread. Though more time consuming I guess this is the best way to go about the rejuvenation process.

How many dusters can you rejuvenate with one bottle. Each bottle costs ₹450 and I buy my dusters at the same cost. At that cost is is worth buying the rejuvenator or buying a new duster ?

Mods. Pls delete this post. Didn't read though the thread. Apologies.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 26th February 2017 at 09:41.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 21:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thanks Bowser for the thread. Though more time consuming I guess this is the best way to go about the rejuvenation process.

How many dusters can you rejuvenate with one bottle. Each bottle costs ₹450 and I buy my dusters at the same cost. At that cost is is worth buying the rejuvenator or buying a new duster ?

Mods. Pls delete this post. Didn't read though the thread. Apologies.
The rejuvenator bottle costs around 429 whereas the duster costs around 679 in Amazon. There is a marked difference in price of about Rs 250. From where are you buyinng a duster for Rs 450?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 21:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The rejuvenator bottle costs around 429 whereas the duster costs around 679 in Amazon. There is a marked difference in price of about Rs 250. From where are you buyinng a duster for Rs 450?

A wholesaler in Bangalore. He has a place in Kumarswamy layout.

For all you Bangaloreans :-
Balaji - +91 98450 13554
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Both my rejuvenated dusters are probably at "EndofLife" which means that I need to go in for a second round of rejuvenation. I had rejuvenated them sometime last year during the hot summer season and they worked/lasted pretty well (probably 85% effective compared to the factory fresh ones). I am guessing that this time, the effectiveness of the dusters will go further down after the second rejuvenation, and my expectations are ~70-75%. Still, not bad compared to shelling out over 1400Rs every year for 2 dusters.

I'm just waiting for the hot summer sun to start giving out its fullest heat so that the washed dusters can dry quickly and I can start using them within a day or 2 of rejuvenating them.

Only thing that bothers me with the rejuvenation process is the ungodly amount of water they need to get clean - I used up almost 8 buckets of water to clean 2 of my dusters and still, the water was not tap-water-clean - it was just "lightly soiled". Still, I think this is a small one time thing we do once a year or so - compared to the countless buckets of water we would have otherwise used to clean our cars. I will update the thread once again when I have my dusters re-rejuvenated!
vsathyap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 08:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Finished my Rejuvenator bottle with the last usage. However the last usage was a bit cumbersome as the wax was not available in spray mode, had to empty bottle and hand apply. The bottle was used thrice in a duration of 7 months with sprays once a couple of months. So its time for a new duster and a new bottle.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 09:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Vnabhi
Did you get to contact Balaji of bangalore.?
Can we get them shipped to Hyderabad?
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 22:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

After reading about the rejuvenator on a WA group and then coming across this thread I ordered the rejuvenator from Amazon.in.

The product arrived and I started the work. I have two dusters lying with me, both pretty much full of dust and ineffective against the dusty climate of Gurgaon. So I decided to test one of them.

Brought the duster from the car to the room and spent a good one hour trying to get it drip clean. Believe me, it's a huge pain in the butt to clean the duster and that alone might tempt you to go for a new duster! But then that's plain boring!

So the duster was washed, as best as I could, and went to dry. The drying took about two days and then I opened the bottle. Sprayed the duster three times in succession, trying to follow Bowser's instructions as much as I could. With about half an hour gap between the first two coats and an hour between the second and the third coat, I was done. Left the duster to dry for another day.

Next day tried the duster on my car and it worked wonders! It also helped that I had waxed the car too, but still, the duster is pretty effective now.

Have brought the second duster up and left it to clean, after removing bucketloads of dirt from it.
honeybee is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote