Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 4th September 2016, 20:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Considered this, but I guess I'd be saving ~100 (that too not considering the detergent cost & time lost).

For ~570/- when we get a new Jopasu Duster itself, why bother will all this cleaning & careful spraying ?

Infact, this one would be new & waxed properly by the experts ex-factory.

NB : I'm not connected to the seller in any way whatsoever.
WorkingGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Considered this, but I guess I'd be saving ~100 (that too not considering the detergent cost & time lost).

For ~570/- when we get a new Jopasu Duster itself, why bother will all this cleaning & careful spraying ?

Infact, this one would be new & waxed properly by the experts ex-factory.

NB : I'm not connected to the seller in any way whatsoever.
Hi! The reason is one bottle of the rejuvenator can be used 3 times so it's equivalent to buying 3 dusters

Also, I'm confident this method will get you very very close to a factory finish. When I first did the rejuvenation by randomly spraying as per Jopasu's instructions I felt the duster started losing its power within 2 months. But after following this method it's still going strong after 4 months.

Last edited by bowser : 8th September 2016 at 09:21.
bowser is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 09:27   #18
BHPian

Default DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Thanks Bowser for the thread. Though more time consuming I guess this is the best way to go about the rejuvenation process.

How many dusters can you rejuvenate with one bottle. Each bottle costs ₹450 and I buy my dusters at the same cost. At that cost is is worth buying the rejuvenator or buying a new duster ?

Mods. Pls delete this post. Didn't read though the thread. Apologies.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 26th February 2017 at 09:41.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 21:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thanks Bowser for the thread. Though more time consuming I guess this is the best way to go about the rejuvenation process.

How many dusters can you rejuvenate with one bottle. Each bottle costs ₹450 and I buy my dusters at the same cost. At that cost is is worth buying the rejuvenator or buying a new duster ?

Mods. Pls delete this post. Didn't read though the thread. Apologies.
The rejuvenator bottle costs around 429 whereas the duster costs around 679 in Amazon. There is a marked difference in price of about Rs 250. From where are you buyinng a duster for Rs 450?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 21:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The rejuvenator bottle costs around 429 whereas the duster costs around 679 in Amazon. There is a marked difference in price of about Rs 250. From where are you buyinng a duster for Rs 450?

A wholesaler in Bangalore. He has a place in Kumarswamy layout.

For all you Bangaloreans :-
Balaji - +91 98450 13554
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Both my rejuvenated dusters are probably at "EndofLife" which means that I need to go in for a second round of rejuvenation. I had rejuvenated them sometime last year during the hot summer season and they worked/lasted pretty well (probably 85% effective compared to the factory fresh ones). I am guessing that this time, the effectiveness of the dusters will go further down after the second rejuvenation, and my expectations are ~70-75%. Still, not bad compared to shelling out over 1400Rs every year for 2 dusters.

I'm just waiting for the hot summer sun to start giving out its fullest heat so that the washed dusters can dry quickly and I can start using them within a day or 2 of rejuvenating them.

Only thing that bothers me with the rejuvenation process is the ungodly amount of water they need to get clean - I used up almost 8 buckets of water to clean 2 of my dusters and still, the water was not tap-water-clean - it was just "lightly soiled". Still, I think this is a small one time thing we do once a year or so - compared to the countless buckets of water we would have otherwise used to clean our cars. I will update the thread once again when I have my dusters re-rejuvenated!
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 08:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: DIY: Cleaning & rejuvenating the Jopasu Car Duster

Finished my Rejuvenator bottle with the last usage. However the last usage was a bit cumbersome as the wax was not available in spray mode, had to empty bottle and hand apply. The bottle was used thrice in a duration of 7 months with sprays once a couple of months. So its time for a new duster and a new bottle.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote