Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 29th October 2016, 02:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
  • Bondtite Fast & Clear adhesive to stick the mount to the windshield. I used a 6g pack which comes with 2 tubes; sufficient for this installation. The glue is whitish in appearance after mixing, sets in about an hour and has a curing time of 24 hours.
Hi Gannu,

Would Araldite serve the same purpose as Bondtite?

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Gannu Bhai, After searching a lot, Finally got the Bondtite Fast and Clear from a hardware store in Sector 45 Chandigarh. Even the owner told me that fevitite rapid comes off due to heat.
Hi sunilsoft, Even I am facing same issue, not able to get Bondtite. Did you fix mirror mount using Bondtite and how is it holding up?

Regards.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th October 2016 at 03:10. Reason: B2B posts merged.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 03:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Installing the OEM anti-glare mirror

Araldite requires a strong external force to keep the bonded surfaces pressed for over a day before you can use them. Bondtite OTOH sets in much faster.

I would rate Bondtite to be much better going by my experience of sticking the mount, the front parking sensor mounts etc. Ask hardware outlets that deal with glasses, mirrors etc. They may have Bondtite.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote