Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 13th October 2016, 19:36   #16
Default Re: DIY: Tachometer Installation for WagonR & A-Star LXi

Why are people getting Tacho's only on Marutis? I've been wanting to do this on my Santro Xing for such a long time! Just that the itch hasn't been that strong, also, no one here on TBHP seems to have done it on a Hyundai!

If anyone has done it, please do share the details!
Geo_Ipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2016, 10:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: DIY: Tachometer Installation for WagonR & A-Star LXi

Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Putting up another successful D.I.Y that I completed. Two friends came up to me asking if there was a possibility to add a tachometer in their cars. The two car’s in question are:
  1. 2003, WagonR LXi and

2. 2009, A-Star LXi

As seen both cars being the low end variants, they do not get tachometers from factory. It was not that difficult to get to wiring ready but difficulty was in getting the parts from MGP. Also it is no short of yoga that one needs to do for completing all the wiring properly.

Sincere Thanks to BHPian LeoShashi for helping me source the Tachometers and panels from Delhi/Ranchi and to ship it to me and Mr Vinesh to ship me the tachometer bracket for A-Star.

Also thanks to BHPian LeoShashi, BHPian interc00led and BHPian im_srini for patiently answering all my silly doubts that I had all throughout since I took up this DIY project over 8 months ago. Also thanks to DBHPian Sankar for confirming the possibility to fix A-Star tachometer in the LXi variant.

Now, coming to the DIY, I’ll explain a bit in detail taking each car in isolation so focus is better than making it generic.
Congratulations and the connections look proper When installting electrical accessories attention to detail in wiring is always underplayed. Its good to be be fussy about making proper electrical connections while adding accessories.

In 2011 someone I know in Kannur,KL had the tacho installed in his AStar by the dealer workshop, and they tapped the brown wire to EPS module for the signal. Same time I also bought the OE tacho for my Astar VXI but I sold the car soon after.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote