Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 9th June 2017, 16:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfreak15 View Post
Great mods sir. Can't wait to see these in person soon!
Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Just one more week for the mystery to be unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Hey graaja,

First of all, nice detailed DIY thread. Neat installation there. I'm waiting for Auto levelling sensor installation guide, as me and my friend has installed OEM Bi-xenon headlight in his Jetta. But without levelling sensor, even though it's working fine but we want to make sure it's safe to use.

On the other hand I want to install RLS and Auto headlight switch on my Vento. Can you share links for the same?

And I want to know which wiper blades are you using? What's the cost? Performance.

Again heads up for this amazing thread. Keep it up.
Thank you for the kind words!

I have plans to do the automatic leveling for the BiXenons, but it may take a few months for me to take this up. There should be many DIY threads in Jetta forums in Europe on the automatic leveling (also known as AFS). You could search the net for such posts and take up the installation.

The way I have implemented automatic headlights and the rain light sensor involves upgrading the BCM and also the wiring. With the stock BCM and wiring it is not possible to do auto headlights. Instead you could implement the auto headlight function using the following retrofit from AliExpress. I had this earlier in my car and it worked very well. Below is an example.

Automatic Headlights Switch

I have documented this in my Polo GT TSi ownership thread in below post.

Automatic Headlights Controller Installation (Carbon Steel Grey VW Polo GT TSI comes home! EDIT: 10000 km up + OEM bi-xenon headlamps upgrade!)

I believe it is possible to add rain sensing wiper function with the existing BCM. For this, you will have to install the rain light sensor and connect the sensor to one of the BCM's pins, and enable the feature using VCDS coding. Not sure which pin in the stock BCM connects to the RLS.

You can find rain light sensor in AliExpress (search for "rain light sensor for Polo")

As the earlier Ventos/Polos did not come with rain light sensor, the windshield will not have the provision to fix the sensor. You will have to either stick the base to the windshield or replace the windshield. Below post from a Russian forum show how you can fix the base to the stock windshield.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/9309752/

Hope this helps.
graaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 00:40   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM install

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

I believe it is possible to add rain sensing wiper function with the existing BCM. For this, you will have to install the rain light sensor and connect the sensor to one of the BCM's pins, and enable the feature using VCDS coding. Not sure which pin in the stock BCM connects to the RLS.
Hi,

You can connect RLS to the following pins

T3 / 1 Power (permanent plus) of the fuse SB22
T3 / 2 Ground
T3 / 3 BCM T73b / 24

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 06:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM install

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

You can connect RLS to the following pins

T3 / 1 Power (permanent plus) of the fuse SB22
T3 / 2 Ground
T3 / 3 BCM T73b / 24

Regards.
Hi, Thanks for the information. So, both 087 and 090 have the same BCM signal connection.

By the way, what is the status of your BCM upgrade? Have you completed the installation?
graaja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 12:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi, Thanks for the information. So, both 087 and 090 have the same BCM signal connection.
Hi graaja,

Yes, connection is same for both BCM. I have collected everything but need to take out sufficient time to complete this.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 21:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi graaja,

Yes, connection is same for both BCM. I have collected everything but need to take out sufficient time to complete this.

Regards.
Wishing you all the best for a successful install of the new BCM
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:55   #51
BHPian

Graaja amazing DIY and very detailed explanation, thanks for posting this.

After reading this I am tempted to upgrade to bi xenon in my Octavia TDI which came with halogen headlights. Sometime back did a study and also checked with vagtune, later gave up due to cost and warranty issues. Your thread is a great inspiration now to restart it again.
B747 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 11:38   #52
BHPian

Graaja,

Could you let me know the coding you have done for rls?
I have installed the rls sensor but unable to get it work.
sunilsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 12:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Graaja,

Could you let me know the coding you have done for rls?
I have installed the rls sensor but unable to get it work.
I used code "0728DD" for the RLS.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote